Coronavirus

rainerann

Star
Was expecting to read about dark money, but didn't see anything of the sort. All I saw was a partisan piece of garbage as usual not addressing the actual evidence of the chloroquine therapy at all, except the typical appeal to authority (FDA in this case) that it's supposedly ineffective or even harmful.

You're discrediting yourself on this topic and should probably consider your own advice:
you mean there is something wrong with posting an article that doesn’t make outlandish claims, but does point out that there is right wing funding for this, so that you can clearly see that this is part of a campaign strategy and not part of an organic movement to educate the public?

I have no problem with your assessment. You are right, I don’t support outlandish claims. Thank you for pointing out that this article supports this claim.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Or maybe she was just volunteering what she knew to be true? On the other stuff..isn’t she from an African nation originally?
I was hoping that you would point out that she is Nigerian since countries like South Africa are spiking. It is becoming clear that hydroxychloroquine does not function as a preventative because it is preventing nothing in countries that do use this regularly for treatment and prevention of malaria.

Nigeria’s number still remain low, but they took steps early on to isolate the country by shutting down airports to socially distance themselves.

article about early days of the pandemic in Africa that references Nigeria.

So it’s not working as a preventative and it is not practical as a preventative either. It is also not a miracle or universal cure. The drug can only be taken if it is not going to interact with another medication, so you could say a large portion of the us is not a candidate to take this medication because of a preexisting condition.

it is also worth pointing out that when this medication is taken, it is being recommended in the early stages of the disease and has not been effective outside of this. It is questionable whether it has been effective at all because if you are experiencing a mild case, there is no reason to assume that this is the reason for the improvement and not a placebo effect.

it could have some effect on the inflammation, but it is going to have no effect on the potential for blood clots. Addressing blood clots does produce positive outcome even in severe cases.

so there is absolutely nothing true about hydroxychloroquine being a miracle cure. That is sensationalized campaign science and not an actual statement from someone educating the public about the present state of the pandemic.

it was a political or stunt. She may have volunteered because she is a trump supporter. This is why healthcare and politics should be separated.

justjess

Superstar
For the tenth ish time. My uncle had corona virus. They thought it was bronchitis before his test results came back (in the beginning when that was taking forever) so they prescribed him azithromyacin. In two days he felt all better. I’d like to see test results using a control group that just gets Zithro compared to zithro with hydro. I haven’t seen that at all. That’s my take.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Oh, just a your religion is better comment?
Doesn’t she think she’s a Christian? She might have seen a few strange things in Africa..idk, I haven’t looked into her..I just briefly looked at the link.

Lisa

Superstar
I was hoping that you would point out that she is Nigerian since countries like South Africa are spiking. It is becoming clear that hydroxychloroquine does not function as a preventative because it is preventing nothing in countries that do use this regularly for treatment and prevention of malaria.

Nigeria’s number still remain low, but they took steps early on to isolate the country by shutting down airports to socially distance themselves.

article about early days of the pandemic in Africa that references Nigeria.

So it’s not working as a preventative and it is not practical as a preventative either. It is also not a miracle or universal cure. The drug can only be taken if it is not going to interact with another medication, so you could say a large portion of the us is not a candidate to take this medication because of a preexisting condition.

it is also worth pointing out that when this medication is taken, it is being recommended in the early stages of the disease and has not been effective outside of this. It is questionable whether it has been effective at all because if you are experiencing a mild case, there is no reason to assume that this is the reason for the improvement and not a placebo effect.

it could have some effect on the inflammation, but it is going to have no effect on the potential for blood clots. Addressing blood clots does produce positive outcome even in severe cases.

so there is absolutely nothing true about hydroxychloroquine being a miracle cure. That is sensationalized campaign science and not an actual statement from someone educating the public about the present state of the pandemic.

it was a political or stunt. She may have volunteered because she is a trump supporter. This is why healthcare and politics should be separated.
Haha..well I don’t even think the virus is real anyway...but she seems to think that the people she’s treated for it got better. So why wouldn’t she think it works?

I don’t think she lives in Nigeria..so what does she have to do with any spikes there?

Awoken2

Superstar
Do you think the Ethiopians should organise some type of Covidaid concert for us ravaged first world countries?

One good turn deserves another and all that like.

It appears that this virus doesn't have any particular issue with ethnicity, as claimed by our media, but does have an issue with money as it dismantles the world economy.

Has nobody else stopped to wonder how a virus that is soooo contagious that we now are ordered to wear a face nappy just to go and buy food has not swept through the third world like every other fatal disease has wiping out millions of people?

How have these countries managed to stave off this marauding invisible enemy without social distancing, face nappies and ventilators?

Is it because their economies are not really worth looting or is it because their losses will be in the much anticipated second wave?
Screenshot_20200731-101038_Google.jpg

The Zone

Star
One of my business ventures went belly up today. I have lost a lot of income but not complaining for I see so many struggling even worse. Another venture is on the brink as well. It will be hard to forgive those who want to extend this madness and not allow society to get going again, but PTB's could care less. They are so ahead of the game on us and have created enough compliant zombie people to make things run smoothly. We are, to some degree, already defeated and now entering a survival stage. And they have yet to really play their tech advancement card on us for the most part. The world economy is about to blow out like never before and we are apt to lose the freedom of communication via the internet when they want to completely blind us to as their plans go on. That means, it is time for action, even though organizing that will be met with death in some cases for they are not going to allow uprisings to last long.

In the meantime, the distractions in the news are five nukes a day on average making it impossible for people to navigate the changes with any prolonged thought. Chaos keeps us divided and there are so many hypnotized and willing to literally sell their souls for their lifestyle past. Unless mass numbers of people cut through the lies, we are in major trouble and could lose contact with one another any day now.

justjess

Superstar
One of my business ventures went belly up today. I have lost a lot of income but not complaining for I see so many struggling even worse. Another venture is on the brink as well. It will be hard to forgive those who want to extend this madness and not allow society to get going again, but PTB's could care less. They are so ahead of the game on us and have created enough compliant zombie people to make things run smoothly. We are, to some degree, already defeated and now entering a survival stage. And they have yet to really play their tech advancement card on us for the most part. The world economy is about to blow out like never before and we are apt to lose the freedom of communication via the internet when they want to completely blind us to as their plans go on. That means, it is time for action, even though organizing that will be met with death in some cases for they are not going to allow uprisings to last long.

In the meantime, the distractions in the news are five nukes a day on average making it impossible for people to navigate the changes with any prolonged thought. Chaos keeps us divided and there are so many hypnotized and willing to literally sell their souls for their lifestyle past. Unless mass numbers of people cut through the lies, we are in major trouble and could lose contact with one another any day now.
Sorry about your business :(

you mean there is something wrong with posting an article that doesn’t make outlandish claims, but does point out that there is right wing funding for this, so that you can clearly see that this is part of a campaign strategy and not part of an organic movement to educate the public?

I have no problem with your assessment. You are right, I don’t support outlandish claims. Thank you for pointing out that this article supports this claim.
Supported by right-wing therefore untrue?

It might've been strategy in light of the GAFA hearing, but it doesn't take away from the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine, speaking of which:
It is becoming clear that hydroxychloroquine does not function as a preventative because it is preventing nothing in countries that do use this regularly for treatment and prevention of malaria.
Where's your evidence for this?

We were forced to shut down again in Lebanon for two weeks, but for some reason excluding Tuesday and Wednesday. I honestly don't get it... Numbers are numbers. They will go up and down all the time. You can't just shut down for a week or 2 everytime they go up!

I am super lucky and grateful that as an editor for a publishing company, I am allowed to work from home during lockdown. I only get my transportation fee deducted. Our CEO, despite all of his shortcomings, has actually doubled our salaries the past two months even though there has been no official raise for salaries or a stable dollar rate.

On the news, there is a constant campaign against people who don't believe in the virus or don't think it's as serious as they are telling us, especially during this second wave. I personally remain skeptical, but I have no clue what to believe in. I just don't get all these lockdowns when we only have 4000+ cases and 50+ dead. Is it even worth it even if it's as real & serious as they are claiming it is?

Poverty and unemployment are at an all time high and so is crime and suicide. But it's been like this for a while before this whole virus thing because of the political mess that we've been in since forever. Do they want to make things even worse? It's like we're being distracted by this virus that, at least in my country, is nothing serious. Whatever remnant of the October 2019 attempt at a revolution looks non-existant. At least the protesters had valid reasons to block the roads and shut down the country, unlike this virus.

justjess

Superstar
This whole situation is clearly effecting everyone differently. Our business is booming atm because people are snatching up houses in the woods (fleeing nyc) sight unseen and then needing the whole house remodeled - since were from ny, nj they trust us I guess so we’ve got more work then we can even handle right now. The start up hasn’t launched yet but completely coincidentally fits right in line and is a tech solution for social distancing guidelines So I’m assuming that is going to go well at launch too.

But my personal day job - my hours have been cut to practically nothing which means my raise, benefits and clinical supervision hours for licensing are on hold and if school doesn’t go back in person that hold will be for the foreseeable future. Which is frustrating and inconvenient as hell and if it was my only income would be a ginormous problem. The apartment next door (We live in a duplex and manage the property) has been vacant since April because we can’t rent it because no one has any money.

I think it’s probably smart to keep in mind that this situation has played out very differently for different people and everyone’s opinions/attitudes about it are going to be shaped by their personal experience. sorry if that’s off topic.. it was just my stream of thought on the matter right now.

What was their valid reason?
Basically to condemn the ruling elite and demand that the government be purged from these warmongers who have been in power for years and to start reforms to fix all that their corruption has caused, in addition to extremely high levels of unemployment and no proper access to basic things like electricity and water.

Lisa

Superstar
Basically to condemn the ruling elite and demand that the government be purged from these warmongers who have been in power for years and to start reforms to fix all that their corruption has caused, in addition to extremely high levels of unemployment and no proper access to basic things like electricity and water.
And they think that all that will force the warmongers to change? Or are they just hurting themselves?

Lurker

Star
This whole situation is clearly effecting everyone differently. Our business is booming atm because people are snatching up houses in the woods (fleeing nyc) sight unseen and then needing the whole house remodeled - since were from ny, nj they trust us I guess so we’ve got more work then we can even handle right now. The start up hasn’t launched yet but completely coincidentally fits right in line and is a tech solution for social distancing guidelines So I’m assuming that is going to go well at launch too.

But my personal day job - my hours have been cut to practically nothing which means my raise, benefits and clinical supervision hours for licensing are on hold and if school doesn’t go back in person that hold will be for the foreseeable future. Which is frustrating and inconvenient as hell and if it was my only income would be a ginormous problem. The apartment next door (We live in a duplex and manage the property) has been vacant since April because we can’t rent it because no one has any money.

I think it’s probably smart to keep in mind that this situation has played out very differently for different people and everyone’s opinions/attitudes about it are going to be shaped by their personal experience. sorry if that’s off topic.. it was just my stream of thought on the matter right now.
I'm glad your personal businesses are working out. I think you'll enjoy them more than your chosen field. You're right about it being different for everyone, work/financial has been stellar for me this year...everything else has sucked donkey balls.

And they think that all that will force the warmongers to change? Or are they just hurting themselves?
I guess people have been passive for so long, only complaining without ever doing anything about it. So they just had some of their steam blown I guess. I don't believe anything amounted from the protests, but at least it made people realize that things cannot go on like this and it gave them the illusion that they were united against the elite despite them belonging to different religions and political parties. They were peaceful protests anyway, mostly singing and dancing to patriotic songs or chanting some silly offensive stuff against politicians. So they had their fun!

Lisa

Superstar
I guess people have been passive for so long, only complaining without ever doing anything about it. So they just had some of their steam blown I guess. I don't believe anything amounted from the protests, but at least it made people realize that things cannot go on like this and it gave them the illusion that they were united against the elite despite them belonging to different religions and political parties. They were peaceful protests anyway, mostly singing and dancing to patriotic songs or chanting some silly offensive stuff against politicians. So they had their fun!
Didn’t you say they blocked the roads..doesn’t sound peaceful to me..and shut down the country?

They only closed the main highway in some spots and there are many other roads, so people could still make it to wherever they want, they would just be late. Most of them were on the street anyway at the beginning and basically our infrastructure sucks so even a road accident or a bit of rain and the country is paralyzed. I did feel bad for the shops that closed temporarily, but the economy was going downhill anyway and no one was in the mood to be spending money. I personally consider this whole thing to have been peaceful, but it may not seem that way to everyone. Anyway don't want to derail the subject of this thread any further!✌

rainerann

Star
Supported by right-wing therefore untrue?

It might've been strategy in light of the GAFA hearing, but it doesn't take away from the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine, speaking of which:
Where's your evidence for this?
supported by right wing, therefore politically motivated and a sensationalized version of the truth, which I already broke down in a response to Lisa.

“The authors enrolled 821 participants; an illness that was considered to be consistent with Covid-19 developed in 107 participants (13.0%) but was confirmed by polymerase-chain-reaction assay in less than 3% of the participants. The incidence of a new illness compatible with Covid-19 did not differ significantly between participants receiving hydroxychloroquine (49 of 414 [11.8%]) and those receiving placebo (58 of 407 [14.3%]). Although participant-reported side effects were significantly more common in those receiving hydroxychloroquine (40.1%) than in those receiving placebo (16.8%), no serious adverse reactions were reported.”