Coronavirus

rainerann

Star
we are being made to feel like getting it is a death sentence though. i dont know what to believe really.
Of course it is valid that you feel this way, but I would like to ask if there is anything specifically that is leading you to this conclusion. Like a specific article or something.

I’m not really paying attention to the media outside of getting the collected release of the numbers and this is not the mind set where I am working. I am primarily going off of this, but I realize that many people don’t have the opportunity to see this perspective and it could look different when all you’re seeing is a media version.

Of course it is valid that you feel this way, but I would like to ask if there is anything specifically that is leading you to this conclusion. Like a specific article or something.

I’m not really paying attention to the media outside of getting the collected release of the numbers and this is not the mind set where I am working. I am primarily going off of this, but I realize that many people don’t have the opportunity to see this perspective and it could look different when all your seeing is a media version.

mainly the deaths of healthy young people. A couple have been debunked but not all. Even someone with average health, are being taken out.

we are being made to feel like getting it is a death sentence though. i dont know what to believe really.
I haven't seen such a thing. I've seen most media state

1) its deadly for mostly elderly - which does seem to be true
2) most people will experience mild symptoms - which does seem to be true
3) stay home

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
mainly the deaths of healthy young people. A couple have been debunked but not all. Even someone with average health, are being taken out.
oh I see. That makes a lot of sense. I turn a lot of that stuff off because those are obvious target stories to sensationalize. There is really a very fine line between the press and the marketing industry sometimes.

eliciting an emotional response is a huge part of trying to sell something and it is normal to not want your emotions to be manipulated. Still it is important to see the bigger picture and not an isolated instance of an attempt to manipulate your emotions when forming an opinion about something like this.

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
This whole situation is starting to seriously creep me out. And quarantining myself cannot be good for my mental health.
"Where are the people?” resumed the little prince at last. “It’s a little lonely in the desert…” “It is lonely when you’re among people, too,” said the snake. -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Last edited:
Id like to believe they are rare, and perhaps the flu does this also, but ive never heard of the flu killing a healthy 13 year old or 28 year old, but who knows, or put 55, 40 year olds on ventilators, consistently, I dont think the virus is fake.

rainerann

Star
Id like to believe they are rare, and perhaps the flu does this also, but ive never heard of the flu killing a healthy 13 year old or 28 year old, but who knows, or put 55, 40 year olds on ventilators, consistently, I dont think the virus is fake.
In regard to this situation, it is still really hard to say, and I don’t know if it helps to be reminded because I’m sure you already know, that with every illness, there is a certain number of young people who get sick.

in general the numbers for almost anything are lower with young people and you are statistically more likely to die by accident until you are like 50, but that doesn’t mean young people don’t die of cancer or other illnesses too. Young people can even have strokes and that is definitely something we usually associate with older people.

so while it is unfortunate to realize young people are being affected by this illness specifically, it is still not a reason to panic when you see articles about this.

Apparently, breaking news: Schools will actually not remain closed until May 1rst, it's been said 4 minutes ago that it will remain closed for the rest of the Academic year. I'm here looking at the news at 10:08 PM, and right now they're talking about "Millions could die if social distancing is not occurring" That's...that sounds silly to me. I'm 99% sure whenever you go outside, anyone near you on a scale of 1-10 will most likely 8.5/10 won't have the virus.

Oh, and for any adults here with jobs, how are you dealing with this? I sincerely hope you have money stashed away for events like this, although my sister has a theory that the vaccines they're preparing will have the microchip, and I hope you refuse it. It'll make you lose your job, but your soul is more important. However, that's just a theory. Anyways...how are you coping with this just out of curiosity?

Im young but have some health conditions, my sister is a mental health nurse and my mom cleans for a school both are still working Id rather not being exposed at all, but what kind of life is that? isnt it predicted most people will get the virus this is simply about not breaking the health services, to get the best shot at care.

rainerann

Star
Im young but have some health conditions, my sister is a mental health nurse and my mom cleans for a school both are still working Id rather not being exposed at all, but what kind of life is that? isnt it predicted most people will get the virus this is simply about not breaking the health services, to get the best shot at care.
Yes making sure we are able to handle the capacity is an important part of this too. It is hard to say whether your mom and sister’s occupation increase your risk of exposure. It doesn’t seem like it should too much.

although, you can also try to add something to your oral care regimen too. It is an often overlooked way of improving your immune system, and there is research on the connection between oral health and disease to look into if you want. I like oil pulling, but there are a lot of ways to boost your oral care routine that are beneficial. In general, toothpaste and toothbrush are not an altogether effective method of taking care of teeth and gums by themselves.

DavidSon

Star
I hope people are checking back at swprs.org. Data shows the virus is less deadly than the influenza season of the last 3 years.
"So, the question is, if we didn’t have a lockdown in 2017, and we didn’t have a lockdown in 2018, and we didn’t have a lockdown in 2019….why do we have a lockdown now? "

"A graphical analysis of the European monitoring data impressively shows that, irrespective of the measures taken, overall mortality throughout Europe remained in the normal range or below by March 25, and often significantly below the levels of previous years. Only in Italy (65+) was the overall mortality rate somewhat increased (probably for several reasons), but it was still below previous flu seasons."

"Depending on the country, the proportion of test-positive individuals is between 5 and 15%, which corresponds to the usual spread of corona viruses. Interestingly, these constant numerical values are not actively communicated (or even removed) by authorities and the media. Instead, exponential but irrelevant and misleading curves are shown without context."

"Authors of the German Risk Management Network RiskNET speak in a Covid19 analysis of a "blind fight“ as well as "insufficient data competence and data ethics“. Instead of more and more tests and measures a representative sample is necessary. The "sense and ratio“ of the measures must be critically questioned."

From Dr. Ioannidis:

1) In reporting the mortality rate (death/infected) discrepancies exist because of modeling based on small sample sizes. We have a small number representing the denominator (infected person). What we know is just the tip of the iceberg.

2)Infection mortality is much lower than 3.4%, and probably much lower than the Imperial College figure of .9%.

3) The best data we have of random sample populations is Iceland and a town in Italy with high infection rate, which showed a MR of .03 and near 1.0 (average influenza deaths).

4) Italy has a third of the ICU beds/population than the US.

5) More anxiety has been stirred than over other SARS outbreaks because of dramatic presentations early in the course of the pandemic.

6) If we had a meter counting all 60 million yearly deaths in the world, reporting each case, it would cause the same panic.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I didn’t like most people very much to begin with. Asking me to stay away from them.. no problem. It’s sucks being cooped up in the house and I miss going to work but once it gets warmer, no biggie cuz I can hang in my yard and I enjoy that.

Consequences need to be pretty dire to work as deterrents. They need to be highly aversive, immediate and guaranteed, which is a hard combo to pull off. When we are taking about being asymptomatic for weeks that means everyone is believing they are infected from the moment they break protocol until proven otherwise weeks later (immediacy). That’s a pretty clever and powerful motivator.

As for the guaranteed part if you look at areas with higher levels of infection the compliance has been mostly higher too - that’s because exposure is more “guaranteed”.

You can look at the demographic differences to see this in play as well - younger people who’ve been told they will mostly be fine are breaking those guidelines more then middle aged people and alternatively the elderly in many cases are less compliant as well because the punishment (death) isn’t as aversive to them as it is for someone in middle age with a lot of potential years ahead of them and kids they need to care for.

Consequences are ridiculously difficult to implement to actually change behavior generally. This though, is like a perfect storm from a psychological/behavioral point of view. Add in a bunch of unemployment and stimulus checks (positive reinforcement) and you could almost forget the White House fired its behavioral health unit around the same time as it axed the pandemic response team...

(Obviously they aren’t really the ones behind the wheel here)
Yeah, I tend to keep my distance from people anyway. As far as I'm concerned they are mostly backstabbers and gaslighters anyway. Maybe that sounds harsh, or too absolute for my usual style. Either way, I'm just sick of all the B.S floating around.

Everyone is a "badass" when there are zero risks involved. But at the same time, there are those who will stand on molten lava and be none the wiser. Like I've lost count of the situations where I'm like dude, get away from the damn lava.

Trying to save people from themselves is noble, and exhausting. So I'm glad some other people are paying attention and looking through all the details. Positive reinforcement seems like a much better plan than mutually assured destruction.

Awoken2

Superstar
Just imagine a world where our most benevolent and philanthropic people were actually the ones doing most of the killing.

I just think we should all count ourselves lucky that Mr Gates isn't at all influenced by anything Masonic like all the other important people in the world.

Just imagine a scenario where somebody who does as much good as Mr Gates does HAD to do an equal amount of bad....just to keep things balanced....in a kabbalistic type way.

......Then we WOULD ALL BE IN TROUBLE!

We are lucky somebody so imbalanced came along just at the right time really.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Apparently, breaking news: Schools will actually not remain closed until May 1rst, it's been said 4 minutes ago that it will remain closed for the rest of the Academic year. I'm here looking at the news at 10:08 PM, and right now they're talking about "Millions could die if social distancing is not occurring" That's...that sounds silly to me. I'm 99% sure whenever you go outside, anyone near you on a scale of 1-10 will most likely 8.5/10 won't have the virus.

Oh, and for any adults here with jobs, how are you dealing with this? I sincerely hope you have money stashed away for events like this, although my sister has a theory that the vaccines they're preparing will have the microchip, and I hope you refuse it. It'll make you lose your job, but your soul is more important. However, that's just a theory. Anyways...how are you coping with this just out of curiosity?
I’m dealing with this as any other day. I work for a detailing department at a dealership, where we’ve always practiced sanitation before this whole virus hoopla.

A lot of staff around the whole company were recently furloughed, me included, but I did get called back in saturday. As for having money stashed away. The wife and I have been putting money aside since 2016. We’ve dipped into emergency funds here and there, so we are covered expense wise for 3-4 months at most if we ever become unemployed.

I make decent money now, and considering I am back at work. Will put more money aside just in case.

Maes17

Superstar
I have seen a concerted effort by the usual suspects to blame this all on China. I am beginning to believe that this Coronavirus is simply the first stage in what will be a number of major events.

Certain propagandists are even claiming the CDC, the mainstream media, and others are "working for China" "selling out for the money" and "pushing Chinese propaganda"

guys like Tim Tool and Alex Jones are pushing the angle that China is intentionally sending faulty equipment to italy and Europe. I find that a suspicious accusation. After China stepped in to help Italy after the EU told them they were on their own, now the EU are claiming faulty equipment was sent. I suspect this is all a propaganda war, and a demonizing of China. I could be wrong but that is what I am sensing.

I think they are prepping people for war with China, and of course Iran, possibly Russia as well.

Remember that government officials in China, Iran, and Russia have all blamed the US for creating this biological weapon. The US turns around and blames China, and now we are starting to see certain propagandists claim this is a biological attack directed by China on the US.

The first 2 major countries to be hit were China and Iran (what a coincidence) with senior members of the Iranian parliament just so happened to be hit. We have doctors in Iraq claiming that the US embassy was sending Covid 19 infected hats to people.

This is going to be a horrible year I'm afraid, they probably tried to kick start world war and lock down with the assasination of Soleimani, when that failed, was this possibly plan B, or was this simply the next step to get China involved directly in this whole game.
I can see that actually

wow

Veteran
something happened yesterday in my country, a plane that carried doctors who volunteered to take care of corona patients to philippines crashed, there are 8 people in total, part of me wants to believe that its just a coincidence but part of me also wants to believe that someone is behind this, they dont want to cure the patients, they want more people dead, thats their aim, so it makes sense as to why they are trying to prevent things that could end up healing the patients and stop the corona virus spread.

and i think this pandemic is going to go for a while now, i think its going to last until the end of the year, as much as im concerned, i dont care about dying of the virus, theres this other chip planting vaccine bullshit theyre trying to do, at first i was contemplating as to why they created this virus, it cant just be because they wanted to depopulate, they could just make something bigger than a virus, like WW3 for example, but now i understand, they wanted to control us more and one of them has to be the vaccine they want to inject us to, i dont really believe in the mark of the devil since it is not written in the Qur'an, but for God's sake, whatever they are planning right now is malicious and evil, and i know whats best to do is to avoid it at all cost, i dont even know how, but at least i could try.

I was wondering whats happening in Syria since the news are all about the virus now.
"Syrian air defense shot down Israeli missiles on March 31 in the sky of Syria. According to the source, the rockets were shot down in the sky over the Syrian city of Homs. It is clarified that the launch occurred from Lebanon."

literally everything on the news is about the virus as if theres no other shit to talk about, this is why they want us to be on lockdown so they can control us with the false and inaccurate news and shove it down our throats, the world could have aliens coming in and the news still be talking about the death rates of the virus, like we fucking get it, none of the calculations and datas are accurate either. they only want us to focus on one thing and completely dismisses what is more important.