Coronavirus

Dalit

Star
I saw a doctor saying he doesn't recommend Vitamin D from the bottle because then your body will stop making it...
I take Vitamin D3/K2 more so on cloudy days or in the winter daily, but do try to get outside and walk on sunny days (when not too hot; not in the heat of summer). Have heard that natural Vitamin D from spending time outdoors is preferred along with foods rich in vitamins, etc.

manama

Star
I saw a doctor saying he doesn't recommend Vitamin D from the bottle because then your body will stop making it...
Is that true??
Your body only manufactures things it needs so if you got too much of it, then your body won't make it. Honestly to get vitamin D you need barely couple minutes in the sun and your skin starts making it.
Other vitamins are exceptions however since your body either doesn't make enough or doesn't make them at all so you need the foods.
People either take too much of it via supplements and ruin the balance of their body. Or they go out and stay in sun for too long because "vitamin D" and end up giving themselves skin damage.
However if you do have serious deficiency, then you can take it. But everything has a limit.

I'm seeing people constantly talking about taking "vitamin C", honestly just go eat an orange or lemon instead.

Cintra

Star
Your body only manufactures things it needs so if you got too much of it, then your body won't make it. Honestly to get vitamin D you need barely couple minutes in the sun and your skin starts making it.
Other vitamins are exceptions however since your body either doesn't make enough or doesn't make them at all so you need the foods.
People either take too much of it via supplements and ruin the balance of their body. Or they go out and stay in sun for too long because "vitamin D" and end up giving themselves skin damage.
However if you do have serious deficiency, then you can take it. But everything has a limit.

I'm seeing people constantly talking about taking "vitamin C", honestly just go eat an orange or lemon instead.
Thank you for your reply.

I try to get vitamins from natural sources, but a lot of fresh food has been off the shelves recently.

Maes17

Superstar

This is true.

Too many vitamins can be toxic.
The body does get rid of excess through urine though. Well vitamin c anyways.

DesertRose

Superstar
Too many vitamins can be toxic.
Depends if they are chemically based or food based.

Second, a vaccine which is 50 to 100 year old medicine that did not have an accurate view of the immune system is not always the best answer either.
The flu vaccine is never current and I doubt the future corona virus one will keep up either.
Edit: Thanks for the heads up on Dr. Shiva @Orwell's mentor!
[

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Doesn't Italy have the 2nd oldest population in the world? I feel like I read that somewhere...

If so, it could also explain how detrimental the virus had hit them.
Doesn’t Japan also have a significant elderly population and why haven’t we seen the same or even more numbers of fatalities as in Italy? I suppose that could be chocked up to “….Italy is afflicted by a different strain….” Anyway, China because of its (recently revised) one-child policy, also has pockets of towns or villages that are devoid of juveniles and full of older people. Atleast I would imagine that reports would trickle out that these places are now literal ghost towns.
And the United States now has more cases then anywhere else on earth. We just surpassed Italy and China. Italy also just surpassed China.

Thank you president trump.
I did say we would see something like this. It isn’t hard to predict these things if you understand how “the system” works. Not that you don’t, because iam pretty sure you do understand how “the system” works. When this spread really took off, it was said quite repeatedly, that citizens of poor countries with their poor health care systems would be dropping like flies. Seen or heard any of that anywhere? Moldova (poorest country in Europe) would be decimated by now, obviously that isn’t the case.

I said what i did because I was working off the premise that number of infections/fatalities could be inflated (and who’s to say that isn’t happening?) so that the whole situation is maxed out/thoroughly exploited by TPTB and after “they” have achieved their goals, all this will die down. Inotherwords, the intent was to get/declare the US as the worst affected so that in this climate, there is a loud clamor “to get things done.” You, yourself said it below (as i've quoted)
I’m actually in shock that people are literally begging the government to violate their - and even more so their fellow citizens - constitutional rights and cheering it on every time it actually occurs.

At this point I’m waiting for someone to suggest nuking nyc off the face of the earth.
That's the thing, there is division among the medical "experts." My problem is that we the public are only hearing from one side of the scientific community. Discussion outside the CDC mafia is being stifled.

BTW this was the original source, I think shared by @A Freeman: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
Updates are on the bottom of the page.

One article shows how the media would rather feed the narrative of fear and pandemonium over rational scientific analysis. This was from a former Israeli Health Ministry Chief: Lockdown Lunacy

"I can tell you that several days ago I heard with my own ears, after I was interviewed on the radio by Nissim Mishal, the deputy director of the Ministry of Health Prof. Itamar Grotto tell Mishal that I shouldn't be brought into studios. And last Friday, I was invited to the studio by Ayala Hasson. Some three days beforehand, they called me and ask not to go anywhere else, and then the day before they cancelled. And who did they replace me with on the program? The futurist David Passig, who told the people of Israel that in the best case scenario 40 million people would die, and in the worst case scenario 300 million people would die. That shows you how the media is only trumpeting hysteria. Because it was clear that if I was sitting next to him, I would only have told an amazed Israeli people that every year 17,000 Italians die of flu while in Israel only 126 dies of flue last year."
This is a defining characteristic of the venerable Western news establishment. Seymour Hersh said the same thing in regard to Iran, that we only get to hear just one voice (a bunch of people all saying the same thing that’s favorable to the ruling establishment) and dissenting voices are effectively muzzled, until well everything blows over. It’s to this muzzling that we can attribute the perpetuation, in communities such as this, things like “one of the great things that Trump has done as president was to pull out of the JCPOA” . There is no other way to account for this other than to look at the voices that are allowed on tv or any other press.

Unfortunately, its happening again. Has anyone seen any dissenting voices on the news? All we are hearing is “this all super-contagious, so you all have to stay indoors to contain this, etc etc”. Are we to believe that the medical community are in consensus over all this? As is often the case and not in the realm of impossibility, it won’t be long before the truth about this comes to the fore that it was all just bloated. If this was real, genuine pandemic, millions would be dead by now around the world in these 3/4months. WHO wouldn’t need to announce it.
And it at this point that i'll quote Aldous Huxley, on hysteria/panic and muzzling:

"Furthermore, it has been found that the deliberate induction of fear, rage or anxiety
markedly heightens......suggestibility
. If these emotions are kept at a high pitch of intensity for a long enough time, the brain goes "on strike." When this happens, new behavior patterns may be installed with the greatest of ease.

For the would-be dictator these findings possess important practical implications.

In Hitler's words, the propagandist should adopt "a systematically one-sided attitude towards every problem that has to be dealt with." He must never admit that he might be wrong or that people with a different point of view might be even partially right. Opponents should not be argued with; they should be attacked, shouted down, or, if they become too much of a nuisance, liquidated. The morally squeamish intellectual may be shocked by this kind of thing. But the masses are always convinced that "right is on the side of the active aggressor."
Brave New World Revisited 1958

On opponents being liquidated, you might remember this story about a CDC doctor.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
On another note, this article on Synthetic biology is a little dated but of note is ....

Bill Gates, in a recent interview, told a reporter that if he were a kid today, forget about hacking computers: he’d be hacking biology.

.....revelant in regard to whatever is a result of this pandemic.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
The progression....
Well that figure has just moved on to £330 Billion....this is a loan, to be paid back, with interest, to the bankers, by us.

Perhaps the difference between 12 billion and the 330 billion is the money needed to stop the UK going bankrupt when leaving the EU with no deal.

Fortunately this crisis has arrived just in time to switch peoples attention from the bollocks Bojo has been spouting on the matter.

I believe the USA got a 1.5 trillion loan from the Fed for the same reason/excuse..... I haven't heard that figure mentioned since 9/11.
"Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios."
(source)
They downgraded it on the 19th!
They shut the country down on the 24th!
The government sent me a text on the 24th.

No one should be quoting that as evidence of anything.

We weren't even told they had downgraded.
I didn't know. Did anyone know?
So what the picture looks like from all this is that the 330billion is a ball and chain. This is fraud, of the highest degree. Akin to THIS. By extension, this should also apply to the 1.5trillion. Only a lockdown makes this fraud possible because without it, there's no need for the 'assistance'. To support it, is to support the fraud. It remains for everyone to speculate as to why the governments would execute this kind of robbery at this point in time.

The package of support also included a three-month mortgage holiday for homeowners.

Small firms in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors will be eligible for cash grants of up £25,000, Sunak said, while relief from business rates — a tax on business properties — will be extended to all shops, pubs, theatres, music venues, restaurants and other firms in the sector, meaning they will not pay the tax for an entire year.

Last edited:

free2018

Star
Event 201

Published on 4 Nov 2019

Selected moments from the Event 201 pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic. Drawing from actual events, Event 201 identifies important policy issues and preparedness challenges that could be solved with sufficient political will and attention. These issues were designed in a narrative to engage and educate the participants and the audience. For more information, visit: http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org

EVENT 201 IS A FICTIONAL EXERCISE AND DISEASE

A mysterious tweet by Tom Hanks...
(Not even interesting, just boring details, a game of Gin Rummy and some carefully placed numbers)

View attachment 34089

Gin Rummy has an interesting objective

The basic game strategy is to improve one's hand by forming melds and eliminating deadwood.

A Corona Typewriter ?!
(Seriously? Taking a heavy, easily broken typewriter on holiday?!)

And what about the Vegemite?!

(“Laying it on a bit thick!”)

View attachment 34090

In April, a 115g jar of VEGEMITE spread makes supermarket history in Australia by becoming the first product to be electronically scanned at a checkout. It was scanned at Woolworths in Chullora, NSW and the price was 66 cents. The product is still on display at the Woolworths head office in NSW.
Great post. Will have to read again.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Last edited:

Helioform

Star

Thunderian

Superstar
Doesn’t Japan also have a significant elderly population and why haven’t we seen the same or even more numbers of fatalities as in Italy?
The Japanese don’t generally hug and kiss each other on the street, and while Italians were going out of their way to be affectionate to Chinese people who happened to be in Italy, the Japanese were voluntarily staying at home and practising all the safely measures that the rest of us are just getting a handle on.

Maes17

Superstar
The Rangers most of all, and forever. I hate them more than I hate the Leafs.
Rangers will never reach flyers/caps level for me.
But I still root for the rangers to choke.

And yeah to your post just now. Italians and spanish are more culturally intimate and social as far as hugging/kissing and typical cafe bakery get togethers.

Cases like NYC where a lot of people are squeezed into living quarters.

This virus sucks. But maybe it’s a wake up call for us here in North America to appreciate our living conditions overall. We obviously have a lot of issues socially, etc. But systematically, for a super power all it takes is one virus or even an emp strike to cripple us.

That said. Everyone stay healthy.