Coronavirus

justjess

Superstar
Not that I think incubation is longer. You see sometimes virus enters your body it goes latent/sleeps. But when it wakes up, its going to take 2-15 days to infect you and you start showing symptoms. So, you could've come in contact with the virus months ago but since it went latent, you had no idea for a long long time until it reactivates, its incubation period starts and then suddenly you're sick.

Its natural yes and it happens quite alot. Its all dependent on the virus's genome (DNA) replicating once inside a person's cell. Sometimes they manage to do it instantly, other times they just go to sleep for a while. They are still producing stuff needed to replicate in many cases but it is so slow that you don't notice.
It is actually really common in Herpes cases, people can have herpes and not realize for a long time because of a similar phenomenon.

edit: So in simpler words if the virus is active when it enters your cell it can take 2-15 days (in covid's case) to start showing symptoms. If the virus enters your cell and goes latent, then it is going to take 2-15 days FROM when it reactivates in the cell.
If it’s latent can a test detect it?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Saw this on twitter. The places being hit the hardest are current or former massive epicenter of civilizational hot spots: china, persia, rome, and us. What you guys think about it?

Maes17

Superstar
I understand people are scared. In essence, we are at war, and I'm not promoting the idea of Johnny down the street being a dick to his neighbor. You talk about calculating, but your calculation ends after being positive and composed.

I don't want my enemies to think I'm composed. I want an enemy to think I'm in terrible shape because the "Art of War" is all about deception. That is an "ultimate truth" we are denying or avoiding with excessive preaching.

One day I'm going to get some people here to stop thinking in such black and white terms. Peace cannot exist without war, and the same is true for every opposite. My point here is not to vilify liars or preachers. My point is that sometimes we have to correct lies by force. Now I will give you that, obviously we should first try to correct lies nicely. But if that doesn't work, the only logical solution is to slowly ramp up the force used.

Let's start by nicely holding *all* leaders accountable.
Sounds like you’re ready to revolt.
Different situations call for composure etc.

Leaders do need to be held accountable. They are ruining people who had jobs. Definitely being conned by congress

Maes17

Superstar
So here’s what I’m looking at..

Italy went into full lockdown over two weeks ago. They say the incubation period is two weeks. Yet Italy’s numbers - both of sick people and dead - are still climbing exponentially. They reported the first cases in my ancestral town a couple days ago.

How? If everything’s locked down and has been for longer then the incubation period how are these numbers still climbing so rapidly and so high? How is the virus still spreading to areas that hadn’t been impacted?

Something isn’t right. And we need to think about that.. the virus isn’t a hoax, I know people who have it and who are in bad shape because of it. So if we take that off the table, what’s left?

I also refuse to accept “people are just stupid and don’t listen” - because again, this is pulling data from a country where that wasn’t an option.
Could be it’s lasting longer on surfaces etc.
Figure there are something like 40 mutations of this little booger.

The supposed original strain started in italy, not wuhan and that right there perhaps ravaged italy with a super bug.

There’s a lot of factors that can lead into this considering a lot of carriers are asymptotic.

Something to remember is italy did this in good intention. This was before the lockdown. What’s to say maybe some are asymptotic and still spreading in quarantine etc. There’s just a lot of tangibles right now. Something a lot of us are trying to figure out.

And if we’re dealing with a super bug, chances are even those quarantined are still spreading it

justjess

Superstar
How would you spread it in quarantine. Honest question.

I’m pretty sure whatever strain Italy has is the same strain hitting nyc and nj.

Dalit

Star
I've heard that, once someone is sick with CV (COVID-19), that it can take as little as 2 weeks to get over it or 2 months (for those critical care, severe cases). If so, no wonder it's still a problem. US isn't going to be reopened by April 12th. Think I heard this from Dr. John Campbell's (British retired nurse w/Ph.D.) channel? I like that he focuses on the whole world and trends.

My dad tried to reassure me with "It's not too bad where we are" (yet cases have significantly increased daily) because too much of the news and frankly checking in here triggers my anxiety. I care about the whole world, not just where I live. So when I see people where I am walking about in public carrying on as normal, it's a bit disconcerting. They could be risking their lives just because they want to use a public park yet hope there's not swarming of the local authorities driving around and saying "stay at home" like in the UK, but yet again maybe there should be? We have "stay at home" signs on major highways and obviously people are ignoring them.

morita

Veteran

rainerann

Star

I’m pretty sure whatever strain Italy has is the same strain hitting nyc and nj.
it looks like the number of new cases within the quarantined area are down but they are increasing in the south. Are you asking about the quarantined area itself or the surrounding areas?

im wondering if this is something like herpes myself and whether it can flair from the articles questioning whether someone can get it twice.

This article says people are testing positive after recovering from having the flu. They say this is possibly a false positive. I’m wondering whether it is like having herpes or something that will lie dormant.

justjess

Superstar
it looks like the number of new cases within the quarantined area are down but they are increasing in the south. Are you asking about the quarantined area itself or the surrounding areas?

im wondering if this is something like herpes myself and whether it can flair from the articles questioning whether someone can get it twice.

This article says people are testing positive after recovering from having the flu. They say this is possibly a false positive. I’m wondering whether it is like having herpes or something that will lie dormant.

The entire country of Italy has been quarantined for fifteen days. Even the south.

justjess

Superstar
I hope more teenagers won't follow her footsteps
This is incredibly difficult and traumatic for people with mental health issues. It’s incredibly difficult and traumatic even for people that don’t. Mental health services have all but ground to a halt where I live.. so idk over the long run how this is going to pan out but I am very worried.

Vixy

Star
This shits about to get real damn bad.. According to MSM sweden, 100 dead in New York the last 24 hours, Mexico's closing the border, and Afghanistans releasing 10.000 prisoners, whatever that's good for *cough CHAOS chough!*

It's about to be chaos and when it's as bad as it can get, they will present a polititian that restores all order if we just get vaccinated and take the chip as proof we are vaccinated and that polititian wont be just anyone.

rainerann

Star
The entire country of Italy has been quarantined for fifteen days. Even the south.
I see. In general I would think that something with a two week wait period requires a month long quarantine because over the course of two weeks, you will still be getting new cases. These new cases will still infect a smaller number of people around them. The new people who are infected under quarantine will need another two weeks.

This is what northern Italy seems to look like. Although, it is hard to say why the south is seeing an increase. It could be that people are not following the quarantine as strictly in smaller towns when it is more difficult to get supplies and things they need than in larger cities, but I don’t know a whole lot about their quarantine process.

it could be that the second positives show that this disease is either going to be like chicken pox and you will be immune if you have it after this, or it will be like herpes.

in the beginning, I thought the two week contagious period made this similar to aids, but it is all still hard to say what this resembles when the number of cases is still going up and can’t really be controlled yet.

justjess

Superstar
I see. In general I would think that something with a two week wait period requires a month long quarantine because over the course of two weeks, you will still be getting new cases. These new cases will still infect a smaller number of people around them. The new people who are infected under quarantine will need another two weeks.

This is what northern Italy seems to look like. Although, it is hard to say why the south is seeing an increase. It could be that people are not following the quarantine as strictly in smaller towns when it is more difficult to get supplies and things they need than in larger cities, but I don’t know a whole lot about their quarantine process.

it could be that the second positives show that this disease is either going to be like chicken pox and you will be immune if you have it after this, or it will be like herpes.

in the beginning, I thought the two week contagious period made this similar to aids, but it is all still hard to say what this resembles when the number of cases is still going up and can’t really be controlled yet.
My cousin spoke with our relatives in southern Italy last week. They said they were all in lockdown and that there were no cases in their town, they were doing well. Then a news story posted announcing a couple of cases in that town two days ago. Now.. I can’t read Italian and for some reason google translate wasn’t an option so other then understanding there were positive cases found in the town I could not understand the rest of the article so I don’t know the details. But I find it odd that there were none and then cases popped up after total and complete lockdown.. unless it’s coming in on the food and packages entering the towns idk.

Or the conspiracy theorist in me has some other ideas but I’m trying to balance those with science first.

Haich

Superstar

We were offered to join an EU scheme where we would benefit from their bulk buying powers and get ventilators shipped to British hospitals fast...

Boris Johnson DECLINED and said we are no longer part of the EU and will approach Dyson, a fucking hoover company which have never made ventilation systems intended for hospital use before....

I think I'm going to kill someone today. I cannot believe this man is our prime minister...

manama

Star

People in Italy interacting on the balconies knowing that the virus is airborne. Just one example.

justjess

Superstar
People in Italy interacting on the balconies knowing that the virus is airborne. Just one example.
They are saying the virus is not airborne. That’s why I said it probably is despite them saying it’s not.

And if it actually is that would also explain the extreme measures being taken for this versus other coronavirus type outbreaks in recent history.

Last edited:
Guys, there's apparently something called the "hantavirus" that's YET AGAIN a disease in China. At this point, we already know they're doing this as a test for observations for future events, but they're doing the most with this now.

(Posted 23 hours ago)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hantavirus-china/
(Posted a day ago)

Now, both articles claim there's no need to worry which is good, but seriously, THEY are trying us right now.