Coronavirus

Awoken2

Superstar
I’ve been concerned with my future and the plight of the working and lower classes since atleast 2008. Just saying
I'm sure with many it has been a slow process, awakening to who the worlds real terrorists are, but the status quo is unchanged since 9/11 when it was clearly demonstrated to everybody what these psycopaths are truly capable of.

Even now, with all the circumstantial evidence suggesting this is yet another planned event supposedly woke people are still totally under the spell of the msn. Believing every word they say.

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me every fucking day, we like it like that.

If you get what I'm saying?

Awoken2

Superstar
I think a lot of us who visit these type of boards are aware that something is up.
This is the thing, we all witnessed two of the most mighty buildings on the planet turn into dust and we collectively bought the cover story. Taking this into account I would have thought any good conspiracy forum worth it's salt that has been running for god knows how many years would be able to progress a little from thinking somethings up.

But when you try to spread awareness and get labeled a tin foil hat wearer, well...
If being called a tin foil hat wearer by a sheep is going to stop you from speaking out then I'd suggest you evaluate why that matters at this point.

I’m probably just amazed by the amount of impulse decision making that leads to panic.
It's a case of monkey see monkey do. We get treated like monkeys because we act like them. Cause and effect really.

The Zone

Star
I made the mistake of going with a neighbor on their shopping trip. "We won't be gone long, just a couple of stores," I was told. I just lost four hours of my life!!!!! He went to two Dollar Generals, one Dollar Store, the Walmart and a Food Lion and then drove through a Burger King drive-through before going to the post office where he somehow stayed in there for 15 minutes. Not one roll of toilet paper or a loaf of bread in all the stores mentioned. The last store had two items I needed which were expensive and their power was out, so no debit cards. He was tapped, so I was stressed and clucked. Home seems less prison-like after that. What is getting hard to fins are essentials for youth. That means I have to make another run but not tonight...

It turns 76 degrees here tomorrow, 80 the next day before falling back to the 50's. And it gets better... there are rumors of power outages coming from so many people working from and staying home and this may also affect the internet. For some reason, nothing interests me on TV so when the power goes I guess I will work on my tan and read a book. I finally found an old Bill Cooper book I misplaced.

It is an absolute mess out there and it is getting worse.

Last edited:
Some useful comments from a redditor:

CV19 is what could be called a panic event.

Actual risk is not the important thing. The real risk comes from a certain threshold being passed. Which is what?

The sum collective effect of people being scared enough for fear to affect their actions and behaviors. Scared people are capable of literally anything. Under normal circumstances, social norms and laws help people maintain their thinking and behavior within certain boundaries.

But if people get worked up enough, some of them will start acting outside the normal boundaries. Other people see this and start feeling like "the rules have changed". Once more people start joining in on "out of bounds behavior" there's a positive feedback that kicks in.

This is the point where you start to see looting and violence. Then you see martial law and, if that doesn't work... a complete breakdown of social order.

Breakdown is temporary but it only takes a few days or weeks to lose everything.

The real virus is the fear going through the heads of 100 million idiots right now. We need more Spocks and less McCoys. If any of this makes sense, maybe you're more of a Spock than a McCoy.

FDR was right. The only thing we really have to fear is fear itself.

Yep, this is insane.

The grocery stores picked over, really picked over. Everyone is scared; I'm trying just to carry on and act like everything is normal while knowing full well it isn't.

It does feel like the rules have changed, but to what exactly?
This might help you with some perspective, Dalit. Granted, this is sited from Wikipedia, although, it does give a good overview how the H1N1 virus was dealt with a little over a decade ago. I was speaking with a woman whose 4 year old daughter caught it and was fine afterwards. I'll be honest, I don't even remember it happening:

"Infection control[edit]
Travel precautions

On May 7, 2009, the WHO stated that containment was not feasible and that countries should focus on mitigating the effect of the virus. They did not recommend closing borders or restricting travel.[107] On April 26, 2009, the Chinese government announced that visitors returning from flu-affected areas who experienced flu-like symptoms within two weeks would be quarantined.[108]

U.S. airlines had made no major changes as of the beginning of June 2009, but continued standing practices which include looking for passengers with symptoms of flu, measles or other infections, and relying on in-flight air filters to ensure that aircraft were sanitised.[109] Masks were not generally provided by airlines and the CDC did not recommend that airline crews wear them.[109] Some non-U.S. airlines, mostly Asian, including Singapore Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Aeromexico, took measures such as stepping up cabin cleaning, installing state-of-the-art air filters and allowing in-flight staff to wear face masks.[109]

According to studies conducted in Australia and Japan, screening individuals for influenza symptoms at airports during the 2009 H1N1 outbreak was not an effective method of infection control.[110][111]

Schools[edit]
U.S. government officials were especially concerned about schools because the H1N1 flu virus appears to disproportionately affect young and school-age people, between six months and 24 years of age.[112] The H1N1 outbreak led to numerous precautionary school closures in some areas. Rather than closing schools, the CDC recommended that students and school workers with flu symptoms should stay home for either seven days total, or until 24 hours after symptoms subsided, whichever was longer.[113] The CDC also recommended that colleges should consider suspending fall 2009 classes if the virus began to cause severe illness in a significantly larger share of students than the previous spring. They also urged schools to suspend rules, such as penalties for late papers or missed classes or requirements for a doctor's note, to enforce "self-isolation" and prevent students from venturing out while ill;[114] schools were advised to set aside a room for people developing flu-like symptoms while they waited to go home and to have ill students or staff and those caring for them use face masks.[115]

In California, school districts and universities were on alert and worked with health officials to launch education campaigns. Many planned to stockpile medical supplies and discuss worst-case scenarios, including plans to provide lessons and meals for low-income children in case elementary and secondary schools closed.[116] University of California campuses stockpiled supplies, from paper masks and hand sanitizer to food and water.[116] To help prepare for contingencies, University of Maryland School of Medicine professor of pediatrics James C. King Jr. suggested that every county should create an "influenza action team" to be run by the local health department, parents, and school administrators.[117] By October 28, 2009, about 600 schools in the United States had been temporarily closed, affecting over 126,000 students in 19 states.
[118]"

(source)

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
So renters can't be evicted from properties for the duration of this lockdown which has been set at 3 months...

Mortgage payers have been given a 'holiday period' of up to 3 months as well...

This doesn't sit well with me as no financial aid is being given to people in order to aid them pay their bills on time so it's just delaying the eviction and repossession orders which will most likely affect much of Brits who are from lower income households...

Delaying payments for 3 months guarantees a roof over your head but at the price of possibly losing your home...

Vixy

Star
I made the mistake of going with a neighbor on their shopping trip. "We won't be gone long, just a couple of stores," I was told. I just lost four hours of my life!!!!! He went to two Dollar Generals, one Dollar Store, the Walmart and a Food Lion and then drove through a Burger King drive-through before going to the post office where he somehow stayed in there for 15 minutes. Not one roll of toilet paper or a loaf of bread in all the stores mentioned. The last store had two items I needed which were expensive and their power was out, so no debit cards. He was tapped, so I was stressed and clucked. Home seems less prison-like after that. What is getting hard to fins are essentials for youth. That means I have to make another run but not tonight...

It turns 76 degrees here tomorrow, 80 the next day before falling back to the 50's. And it gets better... there are rumors of power outages coming from so many people working from and staying home and this may also affect the internet. For some reason, nothing interests me on TV so when the power goes I guess I will work on my tan and read a book. I finally found an old Bill Cooper book I misplaced.

It is an absolute mess out there and it is getting worse.
"Prison like".. it's been days you n00b. Come back and talk after 4 decades dude. :p

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

It turns 76 degrees here tomorrow, 80 the next day before falling back to the 50's. And it gets better... there are rumors of power outages coming from so many people working from and staying home and this may also affect the internet. For some reason, nothing interests me on TV so when the power goes I guess I will work on my tan and read a book. I finally found an old Bill Cooper book I misplaced.It is an absolute mess out there and it is getting worse.
You must he in the South. I could tell the that story from here with all the same places and weather... ;)

ETUbDIgX0AAqdTr.jpg

Haich

Superstar
So @Haich I guess I lied earlier.. they just closed CPS offices. Staff is to work from home but idk what exactly that means
Wow...well here they have yet to say anything and have just stated the children of 'key workers' such as the police and NHS staff will have to go to school...not sure how the teachers and staff are going to share that responsibility between them...

Very concerned for the welfare of the vulnerable...

justjess

Superstar
How could I? Know what it means? Well.. I worked there for a decade and signed my life over to them when I did but there were never any work from home contingencies.

Unless they are working special response units only. Which would be a complete shitshow 24/7.
Yeah, how could you?