Coronavirus

The Zone

Star
No more LeBron James! The NBA just suspended their season. Not only that the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder players are currently quarantined in the OKC arena. This is following a player Rudy Gobert testing positive for the coronavirus. This is epic for sports fans.

justjess

Superstar
Tom Hanks and his wife have it. Idk..

My mom is convinced China and Russia made this virus to destroy America

She is the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist

Thunderian

Superstar
I’m pretty sure emergency measures do not have to go through committee but I’ll look into it
Either way, it’s clear this is just a political stunt from the Democrats. Trump already said he wants to provide financial relief for workers who don’t have coverage for time off due to illness — he said that exact thing again tonight in front of the world. So why would Republicans now stall a bill that is supposed to do just that? It has everything to do with the Democrats trying to make Trump look bad, and nothing to do with the GOP trying to block anything out of spite or malice. The Democrats are trying to rush something through without any kind of planning or forethought — just like the impeachment, really — in the hope that people will only look at their spin on it, and not pay attention to anything that’s actually going on. “See, the heartless Republicans hate working Americans!”, plays better with their crowd than answering Trump’s call for a unified, non-partisan approach to a solution to this.

Thunderian

Superstar
He is doing absolutely nothing economically -

Copays waived. How the hell is that going to help the uninsured?

Payroll tax. How the hell is that going to help the hourly workers who can’t go to work and have no paycheck at all to even be subject to the payroll tax?

Fuck him
You weren’t listening, I guess.

justjess

Superstar
You weren’t listening, I guess.
No, I was. I actually turned my damn tv on in a rare occurance.

He said “economic relief” vaguely earlier in the address. And then when giving specifics listed waiving copays for corona virus treatment (again, what about the uninsured? Or deductibles?) , delaying tax payments (most of us already made those, and they come out automatically anyway), small business loans or grants, and then a payroll tax holiday - which doesn’t help people who don’t have a paycheck (like I won’t as soon as schools close).

Were you listening?

I told you, I hoped I was wrong. I wasn’t. I wish I was.

Thunderian

Superstar
@justjess The skinny on the White House plan for paid leave is that it will apply to those who are sick, those who take time off to care for someone who is sick, and those who are laid off because of their work is closed or interrupted due to the coronavirus. I’ll be interested to see what the final form of aid looks like, but I think that covers almost everyone.

Apparently there will be an official announcement on this tomorrow, but it sounds better than the two weeks’ pay that the Democrats tried to cram through the house, doesn’t it?

justjess

Superstar
No more LeBron James! The NBA just suspended their season. Not only that the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder players are currently quarantined in the OKC arena. This is following a player Rudy Gobert testing positive for the coronavirus. This is epic for sports fans.
My son is losing his shit over this

justjess

Superstar
@justjess The skinny on the White House plan for paid leave is that it will apply to those who are sick, those who take time off to care for someone who is sick, and those who are laid off because of their work is closed or interrupted due to the coronavirus. I’ll be interested to see what the final form of aid looks like, but I think that covers almost everyone.

Apparently there will be an official announcement on this tomorrow, but it sounds better than the two weeks’ pay that the Democrats tried to cram through the house, doesn’t it?
He only vaguely mentioned supporting Americans that need to take time off during that conference.. I’d be glad to see whatever source you have that provides something more specific then that or something different then the economic bullet points he offfered at the end of the briefing

Aero

Superstar
Welcome to America. Where we are obsessed with cleaning our buttholes, but literally have 30 different diseases on our hands.

Thunderian

Superstar
No, I was. I actually turned my damn tv on in a rare occurance.

He said “economic relief” vaguely earlier in the address. And then when giving specifics listed waiving copays for corona virus treatment (again, what about the uninsured? Or deductibles?) , delaying tax payments (most of us already made those, and they come out automatically anyway), small business loans or grants, and then a payroll tax holiday - which doesn’t help people who don’t have a paycheck (like I won’t as soon as schools close).

Were you listening?

I told you, I hoped I was wrong. I wasn’t. I wish I was.
Trump said:

To ensure that working Americans impacted by the virus can stay home without fear of financial hardship, I will soon be taking emergency action, which is unprecedented, to provide financial relief. This will be targeted for workers who are ill, quarantined or caring for others due to coronavirus. I will be asking Congress to take legislative action to extend this relief.

justjess

Superstar
Trump said:

To ensure that working Americans impacted by the virus can stay home without fear of financial hardship, I will soon be taking emergency action, which is unprecedented, to provide financial relief. This will be targeted for workers who are ill, quarantined or caring for others due to coronavirus. I will be asking Congress to take legislative action to extend this relief.
I heard him.

There was literally nothing else - no explanation, no nothing. Then directly after that was discussion of payroll taxes and copays and business loans. Leading me to the impression that those are his plans to deliver economic relief

In his defense I don’t think many trust fund babies understand how sick leave or payroll taxes for wage workers actually work.

Thunderian

Superstar
I heard him.

There was literally nothing else - no explanation, no nothing. Then directly after that was discussion of payroll taxes and copays and business loans. Leading me to the impression that those are his plans to deliver economic relief

In his defense I don’t think many trust fund babies understand how sick leave or payroll taxes for wage workers actually work.
I wouldn’t expect real sharp details just yet, but what would make you happy, as far as economic aid goes?

I would think up to four weeks of benefits would be fair, for the categories I noted earlier. Those who are sick, caring for someone who is sick, or who have no work because of the virus.

Thunderian

Superstar
Welcome to America. Where we are obsessed with cleaning our buttholes, but literally have 30 different diseases on our hands.
You should hit Mumbai or Port au Prince. Twice the diseases, all the dirty cracks.

justjess

Superstar
I wouldn’t expect real sharp details just yet, but what would make you happy, as far as economic aid goes?

I would think up to four weeks of benefits would be fair, for the categories I noted earlier. Those who are sick, caring for someone who is sick, or who have no work because of the virus.
Yeah that’s fine. I’d settle for two weeks. I’d settle for full unemployment benefits while impacted by the crisis. I’d settle for a lot of things. And free medical care for the disease whether you have insurance or not.

We can’t have sick people going into work infecting others because they can’t afford to take off. And we can’t have people lose their homes and starve because they are forced into quarantine or their place of employment closes.

I’m not even beginning to contemplate my husbands business and what that might look like.. I’m just anticipating we will take a hit and it is what it is.

So you agree they need to do something? Economical.. paid time off etc?

We’ve got a rapidly developing pandemic with an RO0 of what now - 2 or 3, fatalities at 2 or 3% - I think everyone is kinda shocked and not entirely sure how to handle. It’s better we overdue it with precaution then under do it.

We’ve got a rapidly developing pandemic with an RO0 of what now - 2 or 3, fatalities at 2 or 3% - I think everyone is kinda shocked and not entirely sure how to handle. It’s better we overdue it with precaution then under do it.
Companies need to start ceasing work where possible and encourage or mandate working from home or not at all with no penalty. Schools need to close. They should be doing this every where - nation wide until we can halt exponential growth and ensure hospitals won’t be over burdened. It needs to be quiet for a while.

Why don't we look back, fema camps, the thing with shutting Walmart's down a few years ago and the weird goings on there, movies like contagion, that is eerily similar, how the disease seems to effect a certain age demographic, does the Illuminati card game have a contagion card? The fever airport Muriel's, that have recently been covered for renovation, the Madonna Eurovision set, how suddenly all the protests across the world have stopped most notably the yellow jackets in Paris, in the UK the prime minister pretty much admitted people will die, most the old and I'll and in his words we should just take it on the chin, seems everything we have all been saying for years is coming to a head.