Coronavirus

Over the last 4 weeks more elderly people have died through taking a fall than have died of Coronavirus.

Why isn't anybody concerned over the falling over apocalypse?

Perhaps the media are just trying to create a little more....

Well being alert to a new virus doesn’t prevent one from being concerned over other types of injuries or fatalities.

Anyway- the looks of it are this is spreading rapidly and will probably be in your neighborhood within a month or 2. I say just expect you’ll get it and boost that immune system. There won’t be a vaccine for at least 6 months or more. Gotta run trials and those take a while.

Awoken2

Superstar
I'm not going to worry too much about it to be honest...will probably have succumbed to a nasty fall by then anyway.

justjess

Superstar
I think I’d be totally calm if it wasn’t for the working in a school thing.. as it is I am pretty calm, i just have a bad feeling. If the economy collapses further, if quarantines happen.. my employment is fragile (schools get closed first) and if other people lose work that means they don’t have expendable income and my husband also loses business.

I’m not worried about dying. I’m worried about the economic fallout - and the possibility of being quarantined (which for me means missing work and losing money).

Thunderian

Superstar
I think I’d be totally calm if it wasn’t for the working in a school thing.. as it is I am pretty calm, i just have a bad feeling. If the economy collapses further, if quarantines happen.. my employment is fragile (schools get closed first) and if other people lose work that means they don’t have expendable income and my husband also loses business.

I’m not worried about dying. I’m worried about the economic fallout - and the possibility of being quarantined (which for me means missing work and losing money).
If it becomes a legitimate public emergency, there’s not much we can do except wait and see what happens.

Sunkist

So yeah, the Walmart by my house being completely sold out of black beans could mean anything. I just find it weird. They have never been sold out of black beans or taco kits or any of the things before.
I went to Wallmart today and thought of you when I passed the taco section. You were right. They were sold out of a lot of the taco shells and all the fire sauce. I had to get the flour tortilla shells. I still gotta have Taco Tuesday during the pandemic. :cool:

Vulpesrex

Rookie
I know someone at Quicken Loans HQ (Detroit Mich) and they‘re telling people to be prepared to work remotely from home just in case things get serious. Its sounds precautionary/preemptive organizing for now, like they just want to have a plan in place, and nobody’s really panicking about it.

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
Only time will tell, but if it is found that this virus targets a specific ethnic group, then it looks more and more like a bio weapon.

Very concerning. Because if there is a virus for one group, there will be a virus for another.
There have 6 deaths so far in Washington State where I live, they were all elderly people from the same retirement center. Not sure if they were all asian, but I doubt it, that would have been a story anyone would want to break. Sorry to burst your bubble of it being a racist virus, the elites wouldn't be that careless

Cintra

Star
There have 6 deaths so far in Washington State where I live, they were all elderly people from the same retirement center. Not sure if they were all asian, but I doubt it, that would have been a story anyone would want to break. Sorry to burst your bubble of it being a racist virus, the elites wouldn't be that careless
Burst my bubble about a racist virus?
Are you implying something about my post?
If so, please state it clearly.

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
Burst my bubble about a racist virus?
Are you implying something about my post?
If so, please state it clearly.
Not calling you racist lol. The bs story of it only killing East Asians that you posted is though, nothing but click bait and scare tactics.

Cintra

Star
Not calling you racist lol. The bs story of it only killing East Asians that you posted is though, nothing but click bait and scare tactics.
When I made that post the only people infected seemed to be East Asian.
The idea of a bioweapon designed to target a single ethnic group is a real and frightening possibility.

I didn't post a link, so I don't know what click bait you are talking about.
Nor has it ever been my intention to 'scare' people. Only to discuss and exchange information and ideas. And to join the mutual support and encouragement this thread has provided.

I am sorry to hear it is in your area. Please stay safe, and if you can, share any information you have.

Vixy

Star
Oh ye fokken chicken shits! I'm out hoping I'll get it, muahaha! 30 cases in Sweden. Its spreading. YEEI!

Death. Is. Near.

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Last edited:
It’ll be in every State in 2-3 weeks I’d wager