Coronavirus

Todd

Star
Do you know how many die from Pneumonia each season? Do the math, watch the hype and do some actual numbers research without the prodding from the MSM. Consider this might not be what you think on the surface and dig deeper.
Okay, I'll do the math.
Worst case estimates from CDC for conventional flu this season is 41,000,000 cases and 41,000 deaths. That's a mortality rate of 0.1%.
Latest official Covid-19 numbers I can find is 81,016 cases and 2,764 deaths (which we almost all agree is certainly under reported based on the actions of China). That's a mortality rate of 3.41%.

So the mortality rate of Covid-19 is 34 times greater than the conventional flu (if you believe official numbers, that is). Seasonal flu does not have a single "zero patient" that the entire outbreak orginates with like Covid-19 did, barely two months ago. If Covid-19 is not contained, then it's quite possible that it could spread worldwide and become "seasonal" like the conventional flu. Even if we assume the total cases in a year only grow to 1/2 the amount of the conventional flu and the mortality rate is only 2.5% that's still a potential death toll of half a million people.

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, but to brush it all off as hype and fear mongering is a little shorted sighted in my opinion. I also agree that whether it's hyped up or not, it will be used for nefarious purposes and bring more levels of control upon us, including experiments in martial law, such as already is happening in China.

Either way it's likely that 2020 is going to be a unique, life-altering year. Not just because of the Coronavirus outbreak either. Locust swarms, avian flu and swine flu wreaking havoc on the food supply of the world, continued increase of seismic and volcanic activity around the world, flooding in the UK, wildfires in Australia, increasingly greater divide and vitriol in American politics, etc. Even if it's all just sensationalized hype, it will all be used to try to manipulate and control us all the more.

Thunderian

Superstar
Even if this virus is a Zionist op, I doubt this kind of stupidity was anything they counted on.

It’s like they want it to spread.

It’s no wonder Qom has so many cases of the coronovirus. Pilgrims gather around various shrines, kissing and licking them — yes, licking — and Iranian officials are not only rejecting proposals to close the shrines for the time being, but are encouraging Iranians to come en masse for one big shrine-licking, virus-spreading orgy.

The Zone

Star
I am not brushing it off Todd, just pointing out that the hype is amazing for this. You need to dig a little deeper into the numbers from articles in each country affected. My point is that most people are recovering from this now. The numbers will shrink more towards this being just north of the norm and not a cause for the alarms we are seeing. Now, this is turning political in the US for many which is pathetic. The only way this spreads is if man assists in the process.

justjess

Superstar
I go back and forth between thinking this is all totally overblown hype about something that won’t affect us, to thinking we’re all going to die.

I’m buying enough supplies for my family to last a month, just in case.
Better safe then sorry. I did that a couple weeks ago myself.. need to re-up now with the cdc warning

The Zone

Star
Anyone with a family and those closest to the situation should be wise. My main fear is some with nefarious intentions manipulate the virus into a worse one which can happen. Man is the most dangerous creature on this earth. It only makes sense that precautions are taken, but keep your eye on the way those issuing warnings and how it all is being used for other purposes. In today's world, people should have some food and water stash at all times and not just for this virus. Be safe, but keep your wits at the same time. There are so many moving parts in the backdrop.

Thunderian

Superstar
Anyone with a family and those closest to the situation should be wise. My main fear is some with nefarious intentions manipulate the virus into a worse one which can happen. Man is the most dangerous creature on this earth. It only makes sense that precautions are taken, but keep your eye on the way those issuing warnings and how it all is being used for other purposes. In today's world, people should have some food and water stash at all times and not just for this virus. Be safe, but keep your wits at the same time. There are so many moving parts in the backdrop.
Unlike the natural disasters we tend to prep for in the Pacific Northwest (we are expecting a huge earthquake at any minute), I don’t think we need to worry about infrastructure being down. There will be power and water. I just think we might have to stay home for a long time.

More people will die from flu every year. Democrats are trying to make Trump look bad by saying that he is allowing a pandemic to to happen....Trump had nothing to do with it. Look at the death rate for flu...just in the USA.
Flu season deaths top 80,000 last year, CDC says - CNN
www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn
The 2017-2018 flu season was one of the deadliest in decades according to the CDC. An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter.

justjess

Superstar
More people will die from flu every year. Democrats are trying to make Trump look bad by saying that he is allowing a pandemic to to happen....Trump had nothing to do with it. Look at the death rate for flu...just in the USA.
Flu season deaths top 80,000 last year, CDC says - CNN
www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn
The 2017-2018 flu season was one of the deadliest in decades according to the CDC. An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter.
I agree this has nothing to do with trump. However, we fund these agencies in the event of a crisis - we are now having a crisis and the agencies which we need to deal with it are not funded or staffed. That’s a bit of a problem.

I agree this has nothing to do with trump. However, we fund these agencies in the event of a crisis - we are now having a crisis and the agencies which we need to deal with it are not funded or staffed. That’s a bit of a problem.
I really don't think we will see much in the USA...except for California. I wonder how North Korea is doing?

justjess

Superstar
I hope not. I think California and NYC are likely. I live up in the mountains hours outside of NYC but we still get a lot of NY’ers visiting the area during this season (skiing, snow tubing, etc). And many people who live here tend to travel back and forth from there a lot so I don’t think we are as geographically immune from it as we’d like to be. It would be nice to have systems in place to deal with these kinds of things.. as it stands they’re talking about taking the money for any response out of funds that were earmarked for the poor. Which is ass backwards imo.

Was North Korea thought to have cases? Im assuming we will never know how they’re doing because they aren’t inclined to share that information.

The Zone

Star
Don't fall for that Jess. The Dems are desperate with the way things are going. Both sides care and enough money will be pushed where it needs to be.

Trust me, the MSM will be all over Trump tonight. And the public will be plenty paranoid after that happens. People who make this political are not paying attention. All sides care in reality.

I hope not. I think California and NYC are likely. I live up in the mountains hours outside of NYC but we still get a lot of NY’ers visiting the area during this season (skiing, snow tubing, etc). And many people who live here tend to travel back and forth from there a lot so I don’t think we are as geographically immune from it as we’d like to be. It would be nice to have systems in place to deal with these kinds of things.. as it stands they’re talking about taking the money for any response out of funds that were earmarked for the poor. Which is ass backwards imo.

Was North Korea thought to have cases? Im assuming we will never know how they’re doing because they aren’t inclined to share that information. That's True. Congress has appropriated 8.5 billion for the states to help fight the possibility of a pandemic.