Coronavirus

Cintra

Star
Fears thick 'death' smog over Wuhan confirms China is burning coronavirus bodies
Several Chinese nationals have shared their concern over a fog which has engulfed Wuhan, fuelling fears the death toll inside coronavirus-hit China is higher than what has been reported
Because the Star cares little about fact checking, they can sometimes be first with a story. But for the same reasons they have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

rainerann

Star

Quite frankly, I think it is possible that the coronavirus is treatable with HIV medications because they both have extended incubation periods. It can take up to 6 months before a person can be diagnosed with HIV after exposure. Although, if I'm not mistaken, they can still spread HIV during this time period.

Usually, the flu has an average incubation period of 2 days where they can be contagious, but not experience symptoms. This is the primary reason for pushing flu vaccines. A 14-day incubation period is very extended from the norm and almost becomes a somewhat similar feature to HIV.

Obviously, HIV patients are treated with antiviral medications and the Coronavirus is also a virus that could respond to this treatment, but it is weird that it would have this shared feature when you consider that the origins of HIV are also so ambiguous.

Hooligan69

Established

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Daciple

Star
I am willing to bet you wont hear anything about this in about 2 weeks, it will disappear from headlines, just as the Swine Flu, the Bird Flu, Anthrax, and Ebola were blown up and then miraculously disappeared out of the headlines. As soon as Trump is acquitted, so later today, after that it will drop off.

Let me know when this thing kills IDK 65,000 IN AMERICA then I will take a second look. The regular flu kills 30,000 IN AMERICA and like 50,000+ last year or the year before. This is just being overblown to take attention away from other things going on, probably most likely the Impeachment and the fact that Dems blew it and look like idiots lol

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I really believe the bioweapon angle is just na excuse to cover up China's hygiene problem.

That's it, a conter!

Truthteller

Veteran
The scary truth is that we don’t know the real infection rate and death toll. But based on leaked videos and China’s reactions it seems like this is no normal virus. People randomly collapsing on streets, multiple hospitals having to get built in a matter of days to support the increasing disease burden, cities, roads, factories closing down, all speak about a highly contagious and deadly virus. Many people die from the flu every years, most are fragile elderly with underlying diseases, but the flue doesn’t affect everyone who comes into contact with it, neither does it kill like this. But this virus has even killed otherwise healthy doctors and nurses trying to treat patients. The idea that the virus could be leaked from a bio-weapon lab sounds less and less like fiction. Let’s remember that China’s biggest virology and biological research lab are located around Wuhan. Coincidence? The media is not being transparent about the statistics, most likely due to the fact that China is not releasing the info.

This is a young 34 yo doctor dying from the virus in the hospital. This seldom happens with the flue.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
This is a very moving story by a woman in Wuhan, told to the BBC.

She talks of the illness and death in her family. None of her family would be counted among the official figures. None of them have been tested, and so none have been confirmed and counted.

Cintra

Star
But do we have to trust those pieces of news if they come from Bbc and Cnn??
I don't know about CNN, but the BBC will be true.

There will be that woman in Wuhan, she will have talked to the BBC, that will be a fair translation of what she said.
All of that will be true.

Please notice that they do not extrapolate from her words. They leave us to do that.

Notice also that they do not provide any supporting evidence for her claims.

This is an obvious example of sending two messages at the same time.
On the surface it is a human interest story about the subjective experiences of one woman and her family.
On a deeper level it is encouraging the reader to form a specific opinion. That the official figures do not reflect the reality, and that everything there is going to hell in a handcart. But at no point do the BBC ever say that.

The BBC has a very good record. They do excellent fact checking, and declare their sources. They are one of the most reliable and trustworthy news sources in the world.
If they say it, then it is probably true.
The interesting thing is how they say something, and the things they do not say, even while appearing to say them, and the things they ignore altogether.

So, the only thing I can say is that this is what the BBC want you to read. They want you to believe this is truth, they want you to draw the obvious conclusions.

Lisa

Superstar
I don't know about CNN, but the BBC will be true.

There will be that woman in Wuhan, she will have talked to the BBC, that will be a fair translation of what she said.
All of that will be true.

Please notice that they do not extrapolate from her words. They leave us to do that.

Notice also that they do not provide any supporting evidence for her claims.

This is an obvious example of sending two messages at the same time.
On the surface it is a human interest story about the subjective experiences of one woman and her family.
On a deeper level it is encouraging the reader to form a specific opinion. That the official figures do not reflect the reality, and that everything there is going to hell in a handcart. But at no point do the BBC ever say that.

The BBC has a very good record. They do excellent fact checking, and declare their sources. They are one of the most reliable and trustworthy news sources in the world.
If they say it, then it is probably true.
The interesting thing is how they say something, and the things they do not say, even while appearing to say them, and the things they ignore altogether.

So, the only thing I can say is that this is what the BBC want you to read. They want you to believe this is truth, they want you to draw the obvious conclusions.
Maybe..maybe not...

Wigi

Veteran

Cintra

Star
@Lisa Can you give me one example where the BBC has given provably false news?

Not opinion pieces, hard facts.

If there is evidence for actual falsification of fact by the BBC in your video, please can you give time stamps for them.

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa Can you give me one example where the BBC has given provably false news?

Not opinion pieces, hard facts.

If there is evidence for actual falsification of fact by the BBC in your video, please can you give time stamps for them.
Have you seen the video I posted? If not maybe you should watch it? The top dog reporter over at Panorama was shown to be trying to do a hit piece on Tommy Robinson and to make it look like Tommy Robinson sexually harassed his assistant. She then went back to Tommy Robinson and told him what was told to her so they set out to out the BBC for lying and the documentary documents it all. So..take from that what you will.