Coronavirus

Lisa

Superstar
Chilling moment medics in hazmat suits SCAN passengers on a plane in China before letting them disembark amid fears that mysterious 'SARS-like' virus could spread globally

Kais_1

Star
SARS = Najm

Thunderian

Superstar
First case reported in the US is in Everett, WA. Good thing I don’t go there all the time.

Wigi

Veteran
This reminds me of the H1N1 influenza virus in 2010 where everyone in schools needed to be vaccinated without knowing the side effects. To this day, we still don't know why we have spent millions nor why the WHO claimed this virus could be apocalyptic.
I'm not antivaxx, not at all, but since that day my alarm rings everytime I hear about a virus that comes out of nowhere like if that was the result of a biological weapon that leads hysterical masses to accept everything without question.

Ps: We should be vigilant and close our borders though

Lisa

Superstar
This reminds me of the H1N1 influenza virus in 2010 where everyone in schools needed to be vaccinated without knowing the side effects. To this day, we still don't know why we have spent millions nor why the WHO claimed this virus could be apocalyptic.
I'm not antivaxx, not at all, but since that day my alarm rings everytime I hear about a virus that comes out of nowhere like if that was the result of a biological weapon that leads hysterical masses to accept everything without question.

Ps: We should be vigilant and close our borders though
Yes...panic leads to bad decisions. Our furnace went out yesterday and we had to decide whether or not to spend thousands of dollars to repair or replace it and decided in the end that we would reason it out and come to a mutual conclusion, so we send the service man home and now we are cold, but we are going to make a decision like that without the panic.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I'll participate in a podcast tomorrow about this subject.

While I was studying stuff I have found that in the last 10 years the epidemics that killed more than 1000 people weren't airborne, with the exception of avian flu in índia. Most were either cholera or ebola.

In 2009, however, 14.000 people died worldwide because flu.