Coronavirus

justjess

Superstar

So we have gained sense and joined the rest of the world in closing schools. From Friday, schools and nurseries will close...some politicians are saying they may not open until after summer but I guess we'll see...

Some issues here for me. Will staff continue to be paid at least a reduced wage? The uncertainty of being out of work for months is causing a lot of anxiety and panic...idk about other nations but in london in particular, we pay high rates of council tax and utility bills aren't cheap...how will these people, especially those with dependents, continue to finance their households and keep up with their bills?

It seems the only people guaranteed work are hospital/carehome workers, transport staff and some retail sectors...

Everyone will be in so much debt if this lasts past April.
Going through the same thing hun. No answers.

Haich

Superstar
Very odd...received a call earlier from my local GP and they were asking that I bring in my son's red book. A red book is a record of your child's vaccinations and general medical history until the age of 3/4...

They have never asked for this before so I expect mandatory vaccinations to be issued at some point...

Why else would they want his red book? I'm sure his medical data is available on their systems...

Aero

Superstar
I love how the people we are seeming essential workers in this crisis make like $7/hr with no benefits or pto. LOVE it. I want to smack someone.
The company I work for has a good benefits package. But I plan on talking to a Union representative to try to get us some sort of hazard pay. If I ever see one again I mean. I find it incredibly strange we haven't seen a single Union rep come check in on us.

I'm glad Unions exist, but they are kind of running their own shitshow. The UFCW has pretty much sold out to the corporations. Our last contract secured us a 75 cent raise over 3 fucking years. It's embarrassing!

justjess

Superstar
The company I work for has a good benefits package. But I plan on talking to a Union representative to try to get us some sort of hazard pay. If I ever see one again I mean. I find it incredibly strange we haven't seen a single Union rep come check in on us.

I'm glad Unions exist, but they are kind of running their own shitshow. The UFCW has pretty much sold out to the corporations. Our last contract secured us a 75 cent raise over 3 fucking years. It's embarrassing!
My office is perfectly fine sending front line staff into clients homes to keep revenue streaming in for themselves. However, all administrative duties will now be conducted electronically and all administrative staff is now working from home. Can’t even go in to the office anymore. Apparantly, not willing to risk themselves.

My clients parents have declined to allow me in to their home at this point. I’ve gotten zero guidance on what the hell im supposed to do now from administrative staff. Zero. My client’s mother offered to sign off on my hours without me actually being there and I almost wish I took her up on it, but that’s medicaid fraud and should anyone have found out I would have been barred from participating in the Medicaid program for the rest of my career.. the nurse that works with him apparantly doesn’t care because that’s what she’s doing.

B_JMNN

Established
Check this out: https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/18/oprah-debunks-child-sex-trafficking-ring-arrest-trending-not-true/ Apparently the celebs heard of the theory and are defending themselves.
This is funny

"And if ya aren't familiar ... QAnon followers -- mostly big Trump supporters -- believe there is an anonymous secret agent working in the government who shares messages and symbols showing there is a plot to overthrow the President."

Good idea to lump the conspiracy theorists as Trump supporters, while using words like "Ya Aren't" to sound hip and young. Good job TMX /Sarcasm

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
Anyone else think the world would be a better place after an economic world shutdown for two weeks, everyone self isolate and the governments refunds every ones wages for those two weeks, it's fake money anyway in reality. Take away the stress of finances and see how many people's anxieties wash away and they focus on the betterment of themselves and society. We take that time to reassesse our societal values and make a move towards a more utopian society.

The Zone

Star
The U.S. closed the Canadian or northern border. The markets are crashing more worldwide from panic. It is as if the world leaders knew the world's economy was propped up and this virus gives them an excuse to let it all come down via a scapegoat.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Anyone else think the world would be a better place after an economic world shutdown for two weeks, everyone self isolate and the governments refunds every ones wages for those two weeks, it's fake money anyway in reality. Take away the stress of finances and see how many people's anxieties wash away and they focus on the betterment of themselves and society. We take that time to reassesse our societal values and make a move towards a more utopian society.
I think whether it’s a good or bad idea that’s what they should be doing. Test every single person and then isolate those who test positive.. we seem to be so focused on not disrupting the economy that a common sense strategy like that isn’t even being considered. This thing isn’t airborne. We could quickly contain it if we wanted to.

justjess

Superstar
The U.S. closed the Canadian or northern border. The markets are crashing more worldwide from panic. It is as if the world leaders knew the world's economy was propped up and this virus gives them an excuse to let it all come down via a scapegoat.
No ones scapegoating trump for the economic collapse so I hope that’s not what your getting at. I’m as far “left” as they come, I absolutely despise him as you are well aware and even I am not blaming him for that.

I was happy to see republicans discussing sending cash assistance to every American yesterday. It needs to happen immediately if they don’t want further calamity to ensue.

What I am blaming trump for and what I don’t understand at all is why we aren’t testing more people and why we aren’t mandating isolation at this point when it’s clear we need to be doing both. I know numerous people who over the last six weeks have been diagnosed with “flu and bronchitis” simultaneously and I’m a little skeptical that’s what they actually had.. one of them wants to come over this weekend because he thinks he is fine and I’m pretty sure he is not and if they actually tested him he’d know that.

Whatever THEY are planning, and this is something very big, IT IS NOT FOR OUR BENEFIT.

amandalisa93

Rookie

No union rep has come to visit my work since all of this started happening. In fact, I just learned yesterday that our union rep is retiring and a new guy is taking over! Seems like a really odd time to retire. And nobody seemed to even be aware he planned on retiring.

The Zone

Star
No ones scapegoating trump for the economic collapse so I hope that’s not what your getting at. I’m as far “left” as they come, I absolutely despise him as you are well aware and even I am not blaming him for that.

I was happy to see republicans discussing sending cash assistance to every American yesterday. It needs to happen immediately if they don’t want further calamity to ensue.

What I am blaming trump for and what I don’t understand at all is why we aren’t testing more people and why we aren’t mandating isolation at this point when it’s clear we need to be doing both. I know numerous people who over the last six weeks have been diagnosed with “flu and bronchitis” simultaneously and I’m a little skeptical that’s what they actually had.. one of them wants to come over this weekend because he thinks he is fine and I’m pretty sure he is not and if they actually tested him he’d know that.
No, no. The world is scapegoating the virus to blame the crashing economy on it alone. The economy was propped up worldwide and destined to fall at some point. The virus offers an excuse to just let it go and cover up ill planning and mistakes. I did not even mention Trump...

Most experts were predicting a major recession ala 2008.

Trump can be blamed for doing almost the same thing Bush did which helped exacerbate the problem.

Massive tax cuts and deregulation.

I think it's very possible another objective of this "crisis" was to cover for the inevitable economic decline, and also to make it worse.

No, no. The world is scapegoating the virus to blame the crashing economy on it alone. The economy was propped up worldwide and destined to fall at some point. The virus offers an excuse to just let it go and cover up ill planning and mistakes. I did not even mention Trump...
You read my mind.

justjess

Superstar
Gotcha both. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.. I’ve just seen a lot of that in the airspace lately and I assumed that’s where you were going but I shouldn’t have.

I’ve been yelling about the economy being shit and a smoke and mirrors show for quite sometime, as anyone here should be aware of.

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
Most experts were predicting a major recession ala 2008.

Trump can be blamed for doing almost the same thing Bush did which helped exacerbate the problem.

Massive tax cuts and deregulation.

I think it's very possible another objective of this "crisis" was to cover for the inevitable economic decline, and also to make it worse.
And the introduction of crypto-currency as a major worldwide currency for trade will begin after the global economic crash, I GARAUNTEE THIS ONE! No dollar, no euro, just crypto as a currency for trade or as a whole. The stocks of crypto were tested of the past couple of years. Bitcoin wasn't a household word till its stocks skyrocketed, that was the predictive programming work being laid out to set a time period of this collapse. Many countries have been changing there currencies too much the past years to offset the decline of the dollar, euro, yuan, etc.

This really is the perfect storm

Aero

Superstar
My office is perfectly fine sending front line staff into clients homes to keep revenue streaming in for themselves. However, all administrative duties will now be conducted electronically and all administrative staff is now working from home. Can’t even go in to the office anymore. Apparantly, not willing to risk themselves.

My clients parents have declined to allow me in to their home at this point. I’ve gotten zero guidance on what the hell im supposed to do now from administrative staff. Zero. My client’s mother offered to sign off on my hours without me actually being there and I almost wish I took her up on it, but that’s medicaid fraud and should anyone have found out I would have been barred from participating in the Medicaid program for the rest of my career.. the nurse that works with him apparantly doesn’t care because that’s what she’s doing.
Sounds typical given the average communication skills of Americans.

What makes me want to smack people is the fact that nobody has to work hard anymore. Nobody has to be smart, or show good communication or leadership skills. Everyone is taught to be a submissive little crapbox.

No cap, I would argue that 50% of the corporate structure is built around robbing a company, the government, or customers blind. It's ironic because these companies all have policies in place to try to prevent stealing company time, but they literally all steal company time.

I've often said that we could fire half of the "smart" people with high paid jobs, and replace them with kids off the street and we would all be better off. Because people coming off the streets are going to be hungry. They are going to want to work and solidify their place. Plus every single one of these "smart" jobs has all been dumbed down into a paint by the numbers type deal.

justjess

Superstar
Sounds typical given the average communication skills of Americans.

What makes me want to smack people is the fact that nobody has to work hard anymore. Nobody has to be smart, or show good communication or leadership skills. Everyone is taught to be a submissive little crapbox.

No cap, I would argue that 50% of the corporate structure is built around robbing a company, the government, or customers blind. It's ironic because these companies all have policies in place to try to prevent stealing company time, but they literally all steal company time.

I've often said that we could fire half of the "smart" people with high paid jobs, and replace them with kids off the street and we would all be better off. Because people coming off the streets are going to be hungry. They are going to want to work and solidify their place. Plus every single one of these "smart" jobs has all been dumbed down into a paint by the numbers type deal.
I am trying to talk my clients mom into letting me come a few times a week for reduced hours.. aside from me needing a paycheck he is a nonverbal early learning autistic child who really needs continuity of care, being home for god knows how long with no interventions to help him develop verbal abilities will set him back YEARS even if it’s only weeks of actual time. She does not know his educational or intervention programs and while I could teach it to her I can’t teach it to her if I haven’t worked with her ever and really the industry should be focused on teaching basic interventions to parents to BEGIN with instead of scrambling to figure it out in emergencies instead. So if anything my job description is going to drastically change from behavior interventionist to parent coach any minute now. Which I haven’t been prepared or trained for at all.