Coronavirus

Yeah I know the times is what it is. But if they are really going to make black people and the elderly the guinea pig for this Vaccine all I can think of is Tuskegee
It's a good question, and only the people who they're considering mandating this for will hopefully have the final say. If not, it's medical tyranny. I like what Ron Paul had to say regarding Informed Consent:

""No single person, including the President of the United States, should ever be given the power to make a medical decision for potentially millions of Americans. Freedom over one's physical person is the most basic freedom of all, and people in a free society should be sovereign over their own bodies. When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we in essence accept that the state owns our bodies."

Lisa

Superstar
It's a good question, and only the people who they're considering mandating this for will hopefully have the final say. If not, it's medical tyranny. I like what Ron Paul had to say regarding Informed Consent:

""No single person, including the President of the United States, should ever be given the power to make a medical decision for potentially millions of Americans. Freedom over one's physical person is the most basic freedom of all, and people in a free society should be sovereign over their own bodies. When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we in essence accept that the state owns our bodies."
Do you think they should have the power to demand that people wear masks?

Do you think they should have the power to demand that people wear masks?
You appear to be asking questions for the sake of asking questions since you posted a post right after mine in the "Wearing a Mask" thread. If you didn't read it or missed it, I'll post it again. This is my stance on wearing masks.

Keep in mind you have to CLICK ON and OPEN the link to find out what it's about:

Lisa

Superstar
You appear to be asking questions for the sake of asking questions since you posted a post right after mine in the "Wearing a Mask" thread. If you didn't read it or missed it, I'll post it again. This is my stance on wearing masks.

Keep in mind you have to CLICK ON and OPEN the link to find out what it's about:

I was just asking your opinion...no need to get so bent out of shape over it.
Thanks for the link.

Karlysymon

Superstar
This is extremely concerning and maybe the end game of all this messaging idk;

If you can’t read it - “considering giving it to minorities first” is basically the gist. Considering history...
I haven't yet read the article but i've been thinking that the Trump admin moves in regard to the HB1 visa, banning Chinese students (certain respects) and the latest being that if your university moves courses online, then you have to leave (immigration rules require in-person class attendance).......all this will turn out to be a god-send although it may not appear so to those affected.

Lisa

Superstar
Gotta love Tucker when he’s on a roll..lol!
”You know the thing, in fact we do know the thing, but poor Joe Biden does not know thing and at times Biden doesn’t seem to know anything or to recognize his own wife.”

justjess

Superstar
I haven't yet read the article but i've been thinking that the Trump admin moves in regard to the HB1 visa, banning Chinese students (certain respects) and the latest being that if your university moves courses online, then you have to leave (immigration rules require in-person class attendance).......all this will turn out to be a god-send although it may not appear so to those affected.
You mean for the people that won’t be allowed to be here cuz they won’t have to get the vaccine?

Lisa

Superstar
Now they are bad for getting lockdown..for not killing grandma? And another racist article..damn those white people!!

Wealthy white NYC neighborhoods could be hit harder than working class areas during virus second wave because they stayed in lockdown and did not get antibodies

Lisa

Superstar
And people have to wear masks? This could be too much for people..

Historic coast-to-coast 'heatdome' is set to hit 265M Americans next week causing temperatures in excess of 90F and last for WEEKS

Lisa

Superstar
And I thought the evictions were coming!!

One in four New York City tenants have not paid a single cent in rent since the coronavirus pandemic began in March
A new state law has now prohibited landlords from evicting tenants who are facing financial hardships as a result of the pandemic - but housing advocates say the legislation only scratches the surface of the growing crisis.
The flood of overdue payments is causing a cascading effect within the housing market as landlords who aren't bringing in rent struggle to cover their own bills and the city braces for millions of dollars in delinquent property taxes.

justjess

Superstar
And I thought the evictions were coming!!

One in four New York City tenants have not paid a single cent in rent since the coronavirus pandemic began in March
A new state law has now prohibited landlords from evicting tenants who are facing financial hardships as a result of the pandemic - but housing advocates say the legislation only scratches the surface of the growing crisis.
The flood of overdue payments is causing a cascading effect within the housing market as landlords who aren't bringing in rent struggle to cover their own bills and the city braces for millions of dollars in delinquent property taxes.
The moratorium was extended until August 20th. The eviction paperwork is already filed in many cases so that it can be scheduled for a hearing the second it’s allowed. I don’t really understand why people weren’t paying their rent with their unemployment tbh. I have been. NYC rents are ridiculously high but unemployment should have been sufficient for some of these people - like the woman with the four roommates in the article.

Lisa

Superstar
The moratorium was extended until August 20th. The eviction paperwork is already filed in many cases so that it can be scheduled for a hearing the second it’s allowed. I don’t really understand why people weren’t paying their rent with their unemployment tbh. I have been. NYC rents are ridiculously high but unemployment should have been sufficient for some of these people - like the woman with the four roommates in the article.
Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t..

justjess

Superstar

So in March me and my husband were going to invest in HEPA filters and run a direct mail advert to install them (he does plumbing, hvac, contracting). Shut down by the state under penalty of license forfeiture Plus the idea of contentious lawsuits over questionable COVID related claims.. so we did not proceed.

NOW apparantly they are being recommended for all indoor spaces and I can guarantee I won’t be able to get my hands on any. COVID screwing up business plans in all sorts of ways.

I actually don’t even care if it’s solid advice or not, I’m just pissed that the state interfered with me purchasing them in bulk and marketing them when I should have been.

Lisa

Superstar
COVID screwing up business plans in all sorts of ways.
That would be the government screwing everyone because of COVID...all to win an election they can’t win with their dementia candidate.

justjess

Superstar
That would be the government screwing everyone because of COVID...all to win an election they can’t win with their dementia candidate.
they would have just nominated a non dementia candidate Lisa. It’s bigger then that.

Lisa

Superstar
they would have just nominated a non dementia candidate Lisa. It’s bigger then that.
The people behind the dementia candidate want to control biden and have the power that comes from the presidency...it’s pretty easy to see.

justjess

Superstar
The people behind the dementia candidate want to control biden and have the power that comes from the presidency...it’s pretty easy to see.
Not when they nominate a candidate that is so far gone it’s highly unlikely he will win. If they want control the person they’ll be controlling has to actually be able to acquire the power first. All politicians are controlled so it’s not like they lacked options.

Lisa

Superstar
Not when they nominate a candidate that is so far gone it’s highly unlikely he will win. If they want control the person they’ll be controlling has to actually be able to acquire the power first. All politicians are controlled so it’s not like they lacked options.
Again..they are trying to help him win by creating crisis after crisis to show trump as weak and incapable...and they are keeping biden hidden in the basement to try to keep his dementia hidden. Not unlike trying to hide Hillary’s irregularities. With obama they had a true yes man! With trump..he’s a b and he’s used to giving the orders and people doing what he wants..he’s not controllable.