Coronavirus

justjess

Superstar
The problem is you risk crashing more than just the ones you don’t think are worth it....people livelihoods and taking care of their families are really on the line here. Idk if there is enough fake money or taxes to prop it up again.
All money is fake. It is a construct. A mutually agreed upon unit of trade. It has no inherent value and hasn’t for a very long time. Remember that.

Haich

Superstar
it is airbone and a high consequence infectious disease, then why was it downgraded?
Very very valid point.

Thanks @Orwell's mentor for that fab post. I sent it to all my friends and family the day you posted it.Screenshot_20200402-185905_Chrome.jpg

If it isn't a HCID and doesn't fit the criteria, why are we taking HCID precautions and why wasn't the recategorising of covid 19 televised to settle the public's anxiety?

Lisa

Superstar
How are you personally planning to keep the economy afloat? Since you're hellbent on telling others to do their bit.
All I’m saying is its not good for so many people to be on months long vacations...and that’s how many people see it too. Closing down the businesses that put people to work...what do the business owners do? How do they see keeping their businesses alive? Do, people just go back to work next month like nothings happened? I don’t see it..and what if its even longer yet? I see big problems in our future.

Haich

Superstar
All I’m saying is its not good for so many people to be on months long vacations...and that’s how many people see it too. Closing down the businesses that put people to work...what do the business owners do? How do they see keeping their businesses alive? Do, people just go back to work next month like nothings happened? I don’t see it..and what if its even longer yet? I see big problems in our future.
Didn't answer my question. No surprise there...

Lisa

Superstar
Because they will still be alive when this is over to get things restarted. If they die... we have numerous problems, even more so than you can imagine.
And if they don’t have jobs to go back to...

Worse than...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I would suggest you don’t post things Jesus didn’t say as if He said them...especially when people who don’t know better could be deceived by some of the things that post said that Jesus purportedly said. You are better off just posting scripture from the Bible.
Lisa, I appreciate that you dislike references from literature etc. I know a number of people who are to all intents and purposes live lives free of similes and metaphors but others engage with truth through their intellect AND their imaginations. We’re all different ;-)

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
This is ridiculous...

Just breathing or talking could spread coronavirus, Harvard doctor warns as Dr Fauci says the US is 'actively considering' telling all Americans to cover their faces in public

Coronavirus could travel 27 feet, stay in air for hours: MIT researcher

justjess

Superstar
And if they don’t have jobs to go back to...

Worse than...
You realize that other countries found a way to deal with this right? They are covering payroll and expenses for companies for the length of time business is made to close to deal with this issue.

We could do that too. It would be better then the unemployment solution. But instead we prioritize corporate bailouts (for companies that spent their tax cut buying back stock and have announced layoffs anyway) and war (sending military ships down to deal with cartels for no clear imminent reason).

Either way we will come out of this just like we have in the past. Came back from the Spanish flu, came back from the Great Depression, came back from the world wars, came back from 911, came back from the 2008 crash etc etc..

But you guys say it’s the liberals who are fear mongering?

Lisa

Superstar
QUOTE="Red Sky at Morning, post: 286363, member: 150"]
Lisa, I appreciate that you dislike references from literature etc. I know a number of people who are to all intents and purposes live lives free of similes and metaphors but others engage with truth through their imaginations. We’re all different ;-)
[/QUOTE]
Sure but people could believe that Jesus actually said those things in that quote and all you really meant was be not overcome with evil but overcome evil with good. That’s way different then...

1585851140026.jpeg

Awoken2

Superstar
If it is airbone and a high consequence infectious disease, then why was it downgraded? As you realise, hardly many ordinary people would be checking such a government site.
As Orwell's Mentor has pointed out again, this seems more like a dry run ,on how to manage societies, when things go south in the near future.

Seriously????? So what these "experts" are implying here is that even breathing is a problem. How much more is being asked of us?

Anyway, the Dissenters

"We are afraid that 1 million infections with the new virus will lead to 30 deaths per day over the next 100 days. But we do not realise that 20, 30, 40 or 100 patients positive for normal coronaviruses are already dying every day.

[The government’s anti-COVID19 measures] are grotesque, absurd and very dangerous […] The life expectancy of millions is being shortened. The horrifying impact on the world economy threatens the existence of countless people. The consequences on medical care are profound. Already services to patients in need are reduced, operations cancelled, practices empty, hospital personnel dwindling. All this will impact profoundly on our whole society.

All these measures are leading to self-destruction and collective suicide based on nothing but a spook.

-------------------

Dr Yoram Lass is an Israeli physician, politician and former Director General of the Health Ministry. He also worked as Associate Dean of the Tel Aviv University Medical School and during the 1980s presented the science-based television show Tatzpit.

What he says:

Italy is known for its enormous morbidity in respiratory problems, more than three times any other European country. In the US about 40,000 people die in a regular flu season and so far 40-50 people have died of the coronavirus, most of them in a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington.
[…]
In every country, more people die from regular flu compared with those who die from the coronavirus.
[…]
…there is a very good example that we all forget: the swine flu in 2009. That was a virus that reached the world from Mexico and until today there is no vaccination against it. But what? At that time there was no Facebook or there maybe was but it was still in its infancy. The coronavirus, in contrast, is a virus with public relations.
Whoever thinks that governments end viruses is wrong.

– Interview in Globes, March 22nd 2020
I don't know if you have recognised the conditioning that our media is now instigating but here in the UK included in each propaganda piece is inserted an emotive homage to all the heroes in our health service. The people on the front line, doing a heroic job, this is always included. I think it's a form of NLP they subject the public to which builds it up to be such a vital service that when the service does crash under the strain of this virus any rescue plan put in by some nearby sharks will be welcomed without question.

It's the problem, reaction, solution thing playing out in glorious clarity

Here is an example of that propaganda, you'll notice him reading a script and also the usual message of adulation for the health service.

justjess

Superstar
This is ridiculous...

Just breathing or talking could spread coronavirus, Harvard doctor warns as Dr Fauci says the US is 'actively considering' telling all Americans to cover their faces in public

Coronavirus could travel 27 feet, stay in air for hours: MIT researcher

If you think it’s so ridiculous there is literally nothing stopping you from yourself and your husband going out as much as you want and putting yourselves in the path of other people and taking your chances. Go for it.

Lisa

Superstar
You realize that other countries found a way to deal with this right? They are covering payroll and expenses for companies for the length of time business is made to close to deal with this issue.

We could do that too. It would be better then the unemployment solution. But instead we prioritize corporate bailouts (for companies that spent their tax cut buying back stock and have announced layoffs anyway) and war (sending military ships down to deal with cartels for no clear imminent reason).

Either way we will come out of this just like we have in the past. Came back from the Spanish flu, came back from the Great Depression, came back from the world wars, came back from 911, came back from the 2008 crash etc etc..

But you guys say it’s the liberals who are fear mongering?
I don‘t see how they could cover expenses honestly....But then they think there’s a crap ton of other people’s money around.

My husband’s grandparents went through the Great Depression...they didn’t think it was something that they just came back from...that’s naive and foolhardy to think like that. It affected them all their lives.

Who’s fear mongering? I really don’t see how we come back easily from this..its worrisome to me..worse than the virus.

Lisa

Superstar
If you think it’s so ridiculous there is literally nothing stopping you from yourself and your husband going out as much as you want and putting yourselves in the path of other people and taking your chances. Go for it.
Some guy coughed near me at the grocery store the other day..he was turned away from me..but he did it...and if the article I just linked to...just talking to someone could get you the virus...