Coronavirus conspiracies

free2018

Star
They have succeeded in getting people to comply with no tanks and a bunch of lies. SMH.

Todd

Star
I’m fine. 2 weeks ago my wife was rushed by ambulance to the hospital because of a very large and infected kidney stone. The infection caused her to go septic. She was in the hospital for four days and developed cough/respiratory issues. She had option to go into isolation at hospital or home. At the time the reality of the covid outbreak hadn’t reached our area, so it wasn’t considered that she had it since neither of us had traveled or had contact with anyone who had.

We chose to bring her home. Her symptoms have not gotten better despite different courses of antibiotics. Since coming home the outbreak has become real in our area. I work for a company that supplies desiccants for the pharma industry, so I can’t return to work until she is tested negative. In the meantime I’m supposed to work from home but I can’t really do my job from home. We are self quarantining at home until she can get tested.
My wife is still not scheduled to get tested yet. Local news has said testing in our area has come to standstill because of a lack of testing kits. A few days ago on the news they showed a drive through testing area they setup less than 10 mile from our house, but they haven't opened it up yet since there is no way to test the swabs.

I'm still working from home (well doing what I can at least). The good news is that Jodie has been fever free for 48 hours now. She's still not 100% but at least the coughing as subsided quite a bit. Not sure if it's because she is recovering or just the heavy prescription cough suppresant they gave her. Her throat is still very raw, from all the dry coughing, but it looks like she has turned a corner.

Aero

Superstar
I think there's something in our food. Or maybe all the chaos has lowered the bar on acceptable cooking standards. It would explain part of the whole toilet paper crisis too.

I'm not saying the average food handler should be making millions. But think about it for a minute. Why do we pay people who can literally poison us at will peanuts? I would argue half the world's disgruntled workers are in the foodservice industry.

I think we should watch for an increase in foodborne illnesses.

justjess

Superstar
I am going to put this here again so that hopefully someone with better scientific or biological knowledge then me can look into...

Germany has thousands more cases then the USA, their fatality rate is less then a quarter of ours. Of all the countries they have the least fatality rate. What are they doing that no one else is doing?

rainerann

Star
I am going to put this here again so that hopefully someone with better scientific or biological knowledge then me can look into...

Germany has thousands more cases then the USA, their fatality rate is less then a quarter of ours. Of all the countries they have the least fatality rate. What are they doing that no one else is doing?
The daily mail mentions a difference in how the statistics are being collected. I guess Italy is testing post mortem and Germany is not. They also said that a younger population is presenting in Germany in contrast to other countries. I think this also reflects some differences in collecting statistics. Maybe Germany is tricking the system somehow. I don't know why.

The article also mentioned that Germany has a lot more ICU beds. I found this to be an interesting way of creating a comparison that could possibly explain it, so I looked up how many icu beds there are in other places. It seems like it is easier to find the total number of hospital beds to use for comparison.

So I just made ratios with a search of a rough estimate of population size and the number of hospital beds that I could find, and it seems like Germany does have an advantage in this regard. There is about 1 hospital bed per 174 people in Germany, while Italy is at about 1 hospital bed per 300 people and New York is about 1 hospital bed per 333 people. So I guess we will know soon enough if the number of hospital beds influences the ability to recover from the coronavirus or whether Germany is fudging their statistics in some way.

justjess

Superstar
The daily mail mentions a difference in how the statistics are being collected. I guess Italy is testing post mortem and Germany is not. They also said that a younger population is presenting in Germany in contrast to other countries. I think this also reflects some differences in collecting statistics. Maybe Germany is tricking the system somehow. I don't know why.

The article also mentioned that Germany has a lot more ICU beds. I found this to be an interesting way of creating a comparison that could possibly explain it, so I looked up how many icu beds there are in other places. It seems like it is easier to find the total number of hospital beds to use for comparison.

So I just made ratios with a search of a rough estimate of population size and the number of hospital beds that I could find, and it seems like Germany does have an advantage in this regard. There is about 1 hospital bed per 174 people in Germany, while Italy is at about 1 hospital bed per 300 people and New York is about 1 hospital bed per 333 people. So I guess we will know soon enough if the number of hospital beds influences the ability to recover from the coronavirus or whether Germany is fudging their statistics in some way.

Thanks @rainerann

justjess

Superstar
Washington state only had two new cases today.. and their numbers still haven’t hit 2000, considering they were the first place this started - that’s somewhat encouraging.

Meanwhile NY has going on 9000 cases - an increase of almost 3000 from yesterday.

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
I just heard that my state is trying to put a ban on out of state travel and trying to get Trump to send in the national guard to prevent people from leaving the state. Has anyone else heard of this? I live in Louisiana.
Haven't heard anything l
Washington state only had two new cases today.. and their numbers still haven’t hit 2000, considering they were the first place this started - that’s somewhat encouraging.

Meanwhile NY has going on 9000 cases - an increase of almost 3000 from yesterday.
Washington had 136 new cases today, not 2. I live here and everyone is hearing rumblings of a lockdown, but now official word yet

justjess

Superstar
Haven't heard anything l

Washington had 136 new cases today, not 2. I live here and everyone is hearing rumblings of a lockdown, but now official word yet
Ahh I see.. the corona tracker I look at a couple times a day said two. My apologies

Do you think your numbers are so much less then ny because you have less cases or less testing?

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
Ahh I see.. the corona tracker I look at a couple times a day said two. My apologies

Do you think your numbers are so much less then ny because you have less cases or less testing?
Could have been deaths. The majority of deaths from our state have been from the initial retirement center, probably 75%.

NY is so densely populated would be my guess to why there are more cases. I dont even know anything anymore...this is absolutely crazy and nothing adds up. The only thing that seems right is to drop down and pray

Aero

Superstar
I see nobody went in on my foodborne illness theory.

Maybe this is too much information, but every time I walked into a public bathroom at work today, someone was taking a dump. I'm like, dude...WTF?? In my mind, this is all the evidence I need. Theory confirmed!

justjess

Superstar
I see nobody went in on my foodborne illness theory.

Maybe this is too much information, but every time I walked into a public bathroom at work today, someone was taking a dump. I'm like, dude...WTF?? In my mind, this is all the evidence I need. Theory confirmed!
Are you joking or no?

I did see somewhere that early symptoms could include gastro issues.. but idk. What food do you think it’s in?

Maes17

Superstar
Are you joking or no?

I did see somewhere that early symptoms could include gastro issues.. but idk. What food do you think it’s in?

I posted this link in the coronavirus thread.
But there are three original strains of the virus.

So the strain mutates and you get a plethora of symptoms. So it seems the italian strain is the one hitting Wuhan and Spain and has those deadly pneumonia symptoms.

The english strain and austrian strain are are creating flu/cold like symptoms.

Seems to be why some people deal with gastro and abdominal issues while others deal with upper respiratory issues. Just like all viruses they spread, mutate, but the more contagious they get the more it starts to weaken cause it essentially multiplied/ran it’s course.

Continue to practice courtesy through washing hands, etc. The more healthy individuals get over the virus, the better we can start developing a better immune response for future seasons

Maes17

Superstar

This explains viruses better than I lol.
But yeah. Feeling pretty hopeful that researchers have identified the origin strains.

B_JMNN

Established

This is what gets me. He's a spiritual person and being spiritual you believe in good and bad entities. He stepped down from Microsoft to focus on his Philanthropy. He feels it's a lesson to be learned. Which is true, we should be learning from this.

Now, he says the virus "was sent." By whom or what, we don't know. And you have Trump saying we are at "War with an Invisible enemy."

By connecting these together, they feel this is a spiritual war. And it is, causing the world to come to a hault and people are turning to faith and prayer, while others also turn to nefarious ways. It's revealing people's true intentions. It's also causing rifts in social gatherings of spiritual practices, toying with cultures religious ceremonies.

I'm not a Bible thumper, I'm a very spiritual person and believe we are all connected, taught the same thing but in different ways. And after reading what Bill Gates said and is doing now, is making the dots appear easier to connect.