Coronavirus Café

Maes17

Superstar
They are state run. And I agree.

I think they opened the online order/lottery option because tons of Pennsylvanians were crossing the border to liquor stores in neighboring states. I don’t have the patience for logging on at 6am and hoping my number gets called each morning. The beer store is still open - beer, stuff like mikes hard, and wine. Better then nothing.
Pennsylvanians love to drink.
Never understood the yinzer obsession with beer.

“Hey maw, let’s go dawn tawn and grab a few arn city beers!”

Iron city is so gross. Yick! Cool cans though

Dalit

Star
I ate one of these bars as a late night snack. So decadent! Have discovered it's best to freeze them and reheat them. Could even half them and have one half one day and another the next, or two small halves of different flavors for variety. Warning for those with sensitive stomachs: lots of fiber.

Lurker

Star
Spiral ham, mac & chz, squash casserole tonight. Looks like I will be going out today, need sour cream for the casserole. Dammit.

Dalit

Star
My wife has the pad thai jones real bad.
I've made it from scratch before. It wasn't quite as good though and was during my trying to be vegan phase. Used the recipe from the book Skinny Bitch in the Kitch(en). It called for ketchup. Ketchup? In pad thai? Also tofu. I can't cook tofu right. A restaurant can make it tasty. For me, it's just white bean paste/curd that when I cook it, still looks and tastes bland and looks like weird white blobs. That being said, take out tofu and add chicken and it wouldn't be half bad. :p

Thunderian

Superstar
I've made it from scratch before. It wasn't quite as good though and was during my trying to be vegan phase. Used the recipe from the book Skinny Bitch in the Kitch(en). It called for ketchup. Ketchup? In pad thai? Also tofu. I can't cook tofu right. A restaurant can make it tasty. For me, it's just white bean paste/curd that when I cook it, still looks and tastes bland and looks like weird white blobs. That being said, take out tofu and add chicken and it wouldn't be half bad. :p
I used to have a great pad Thai recipe that I used to use on my menus, but I misplaced it somewhere. You’re right, though, it only tastes good in a restaurant.

Thunderian

Superstar
Dions pizza again. A lot of new yorkers and chicago peeps will shun me. I put ranch on my pizza
We got pizza tonight, too, and my wife puts ranch on hers. I am a chili flakes and slices of fresh tomato kind of guy.

Dalit

Star
In case anyone's interested, the Paleo Shred I got and love is only $37 now. Didn't get a seminar when I purchased it a few months ago so this may be a better deal.

The main website is https://go.gaugelife.com/free-macro-blueprint-workbook-v1.

Meals today included a Southwestern breakfast turkey, egg, spinach and peppers scramble and a lunch of Asian chicken with roasted red potatoes stir fried (just oil spray on the pan) with spiralized zucchini, onions and garlic. Kind of putting my own spin on it now. It taught me how to cook better and enjoy cooking even though batch cooking and prepping can be a big endeavor at first. Wasn't sure I cared for it, but then grew to love it.

Recommend the Silver Crest spiralizer which I got from Lidl on an impulse buy. It is so easy to use and to clean. Thinking of trying to make curly potatoes out of it for baked curly fries sometime.

Dalit

Star
Halved two of these (peanut butter and cherry almond) and agree with the reviews that say the peanut butter one is "just okay" and the cherry almond one is rather good. These would go good with tea or coffee.

Haven't been up to speed with cooking today, but will get there. Sometimes a break from it is good, but I tend to eat much better with prepping and cooking.

Thunderian

Superstar
I made french fries and chicken tenders breaded in Japanese breadcrumbs last night. Big hit with the kids, as always.

The night before I did a modified “feast of a thousand beasts” with grilled chicken, ribeye, and salmon, with asparagus, peppers, zucchini and roasted potatoes. I cook everything, slice it all up, dump it on a big tray, and we feast.

Here it is, pregrilling.

8A97A5BA-A1C7-4CF8-9C2E-E397F9D6AD4B.jpeg

Dalit

Star
Just in case anyone's interested, here's my ranking of Nush cakes. Was introduced to them via Thomas DeLauer (cute keto guy whose arms are a bit too big, imo, but I respect him since he went from obese to beast and he knows a lot about nutrition science). These are keto, low carb, no sugar added/extremely low sugar, natural flavors.

1. Banana Nut or Carrot/Spice cake--this is a tie, but I think carrot/spice edges it out slightly.
2. Blueberry
3. Cherry Almond--this is unusual, imo, and yet works
4. Pineapple Mango--this is almost sicky sweet, but then pineapple really is in general
5. Peanut Butter--this is a disappointment

In addition to the 1/4 sampling of 4 of those 6 flavors that I hadn't tried yet, had a breakfast egg scramble, my pre-workout 1/2 banana w/almond butter, and a lunch of salsa chicken, few slices of slightly fried plantains and peppers.