Converts to Islam: All Welcome

DesertRose

Superstar
I followed this Canadian youtuber as she traveled through Oman and now in Pakistan. I was delightfully surprised that she accepted Islam. May the Creator keep all of our new Muslims steadfast and at peace. Ameen.
(Canadian)
(Korean)
(American)
(Dutch)

OnceUponATime

Established
I'm not surprised to see people converting to Islam. I think it's because they are disappointed with the collapse of moral values in the West, and they are attracted to the traditional values of Islam.

I am surprised, however, that Muslims come to this site. Vigilant Citizen seems to look at everything from a Christian worldview. And even though they share some aspects, Christianity and Islam are in opposition to each other.

I respect your right to religious freedom, but I would hate to see your Muslim worldview take over this site. I've always considered this a Christian-oriented website.

DesertRose

Superstar
I'm not surprised to see people converting to Islam. I think it's because they are disappointed with the collapse of moral values in the West, and they are attracted to the traditional values of Islam.
Greetings, I would add in addition to the Quran.
it is the Creator's direct revelation and a message people should contemplate with an open mind....
Guidance helps us in this life and in the next if we seek salvation by worshiping The One God without partners.
Quranic scripture:
O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth.
The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.
Never would the Messiah disdain to be a servant of Allah, nor would the angels near [to Him]. And whoever disdains His worship and is arrogant - He will gather them to Himself all together.
And as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, He will give them in full their rewards and grant them extra from His bounty. But as for those who disdained and were arrogant, He will punish them with a painful punishment, and they will not find for themselves besides Allah any protector or helper.
O mankind, there has come to you a conclusive proof from your Lord, and We have sent down to you a clear light.
So those who believe in Allah and hold fast to Him - He will admit them to mercy from Himself and bounty and guide them to Himself on a straight path.
4:171-175

I am surprised, however, that Muslims come to this site. Vigilant Citizen seems to look at everything from a Christian worldview. And even though they share some aspects, Christianity and Islam are in opposition to each other.
They are not in opposition and for many centuries people of all 3 faiths, Judaism, Christianity and Islam faiths lived together in peace., Do not pay attention to the propaganda of the warmongers of whatever religion.

I respect your right to religious freedom, but I would hate to see your Muslim worldview take over this site. I've always considered this a Christian-oriented website.
I think this site is a marketplace of ideas, it is a forum. Many of us on here follow different paths but are weary of the problems in the world and discuss these as well.
It does not bother me that people follow other paths because as a Muslim I believe it is God who directs the hearts of sincere seekers to Islam, therefore, I am not threatened by the preaching of different faiths. We should all have access to other faiths and make informed decisions.
Thanks for dropping in.

Here are a few explanations:
source:
What is Islam? Dr.Bilal Philips

Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. For a fifth of the world’s population, Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the majority have nothing to do with the extremely grave events which have come to be associated with their faith.

What do Muslims believe?

Muslims believe in One, Unique, Incomparable God (called Allah in Arabic); in the Angels created by Him; ; in the Angels created by Him; in the prophets through whom His revelation were brought to mankind; in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions; in God’s complete authority over human destiny and in life after death. Muslims believe in a chain of prophets starting with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah, John the Baptist, and Jesus, peace be upon them. But God’s final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message and a summing-up of all that has gone before was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) through Angel Gabriel.

Why does Islam often seem strange?

Islam may seem exotic or even extreme in the modern world. Perhaps this is because religion does not dominate everyday life in the West today, whereas Muslims have religion always uppermost in their minds, and make no division between secular and sacred. They believe that the Divine Law, the Sharee‘ah, should be taken very seriously, which is why issues related to religion are still so important.

Do Islam and Christianity have different origins?

No. Together with Judaism, they go back to the prophet and patriarch Abraham, and their three prophets are directly descended from his sons - Muhammad from the eldest, Ishmael, and Moses and Jesus from Isaac. Abraham established the settlement which today is the city of Makkah, and built the Ka‘bah towards which all Muslims turn when the pray.

God commanded Abraham to summon all mankind to visit this place, and when pilgrims go there today the say ‘Here I am O Allah’, in response to Abraham’s summons.

What is the Qur’an?

The Qur’an is a record of the exact words revealed by God through the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It was memorized by Muhammad (pbuh) and then dictated to his Companions, handwritten down by scribes, who cross-checked it during his lifetime. Not one word of its 114 chapters, Suras, has been changed over the centuries, so that the Qur’an is in every detail the unique and miraculous text which was revealed to Muhammad (pbuh) fourteen centuries ago.

What is the Qur’an about?

The Qur’an, the last revealed Word of God, is the prime source of every Muslim’s faith and practice. It deals with all the subjects which concern us as human beings: wisdom, doc-trine, worship, and law, but its basic theme is the relationship between God and His creatures. At the same time it provides guidelines for a just society , proper human conduct and an equitable economic system.

Are there any other sacred sources?

Yes, the sunnah, the practice and example of the Prophet (pbuh), is the second authority for Muslims. A hadith is a reliably transmitted report of what the Prophet (pbuh) said, did, or approved. Belief in the sunnah is a fundamental part of the Islamic faith.

Examples of the Prophet’s sayings

The Prophet (pbuh) said:
‘God has no mercy on one who has no mercy for others.’
‘None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.’
‘He who eats his fill while his neighbor goes without food is not a true believer.’
“The truthful and trusty businessman is associated with the prophets, the saints, and the martyrs.’
‘Powerful is not he who knocks the other down, indeed powerful is he who controls himself in a fit of anger.’
‘God does not judge according to your bodies and appearances but He scans your hearts and looks into your deeds.’
‘A man walking along a path felt very thirsty. Reaching a well he descended into it, drank his fill and came up. Then he saw a dog with its tongue hanging out, trying to lick up mud to quench its thirst. The man saw that the dog was feeling the same thirst as he had felt so he went down into the well again and filled his shoe with water and gave the dog a drink. God forgave his sins for this action.’ The Prophet (pbuh) was asked: ‘Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?’ He replied, ‘There is a reward for kindness to every living thing.’

From the hadith collections of Bukhaaree, Muslim, Tirmithee and Bayhaqee.

What are the ‘Five Pillars’ of Islam?
They are the framework of the Muslim life: faith, prayer, concern for the needy, self-purification, and the pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.
re-posted
I followed this Canadian youtuber as she traveled through Oman and now in Pakistan. I was delightfully surprised that she accepted Islam. May the Creator keep all of our new Muslims steadfast and at peace. Ameen.
(Canadian)
(Korean)
(American)
(Dutch)

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

Imo, VC approaches his articles from a generally secular perspective, tempered by monotheistic sensibilities. Why would Muslims not be down with his truth telling?

Kung Fu

Superstar

Absolute nonsense. Where does VC ever claim this is a Christian website?

Kung Fu

Superstar
The Illuminati seem to mock Jesus much more than Muhammad. Why is that?
The Illuminati seem to be comprised of a lot of Jews or at least with people who have similar beliefs to Jews. The Jews hate Jesus and have a personal grudge against him which is they focus on him. Again, what does any of this have to do with VC being a Christian site?

OnceUponATime

Established
To each his own. Everyone is welcome here. But I still think there is something uniquely anti-Christian going on. So much mocking of Jesus in the world.

DesertRose

Superstar
FORTY YEAR CHRISTIAN MINISTER COLLEGE PROFESSOR ACCEPTS ISLAM

My story to Islam - Ashraf Schneider - Why I Converted to Islam?

DesertRose

Superstar
I really do envy converts. They are so passionate and dedicated to their new religion, whereas born-muslims often do not.
Always good to use the word some sis or bro, the word some gets us out of generalizations and trouble!;);)
Nevertheless, many convert brethren know what they came from and what they gained. Alhamdullilah. We Thank the Creator.
I like to use the word believers for dedicated Muslims and leave it at that. Believers are passionate and dedicated to their religion.
May Allah give us Istiqama (Steadfastness) in sha Allah. Ameen!

"O Mankind, Indeed we have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is knowing and acquainted | The Quran Quran 49:13

American Soldier Becomes Muslim - Randy Felder

Last edited:

illuminatimess

Veteran
Always good to use the word some sis or bro, the word some gets you out of generalizations and trouble!;);)
Nevertheless, many convert brethren know what they came from and what they gained. Alhamdullilah. We Thank the Creator.
I like to use the word believers for all Muslims and leave it at that. Believers are passionate and dedicated to their religion.
May Allah give us Istiqama (Steadfastness) in sha Allah.
"O Mankind, Indeed we have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is knowing and acquainted | The Quran Quran 49:13
Amin