Converse Launches LGBT Shoe Line Featuring Preteen ‘Drag Kid’

I don't often mention my faith for two reasons. 1.) Ultimately, it's between myself and God and I don't feel my personal beliefs are anyone else's concern, and 2.) the influence of Catholicism on my faith is likely to just get claims of heresy thrown at me anyway, so it's pointless.

But when you're calling homosexuals a derogatory slur, you deserve to be called out, especially if you get up high on that horse because you're not embracing the Christian charity Christ calls us to live. Especially because actions like Claire's are the reason Christianity is looked down upon.
Catholics like Dorothy Day and the Berrigan brothers are personal heroes of mine, and they along with men like Bishop James Pike and Bishop Spong actually make me want to be a Christian, but then I see the fundamentalism that is prevalent here and I can’t help but feel totally revolted.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
So much for "love thy neighbor". As a Christian myself, I really wish you'd understand that it's talk like that that pushes people away.

To be honest, part of the reason I don't come around much is I feel the boards been overrun by Christians of the American Evangelical strand and people spewing antisemitic propaganda. In the case of the formr, there isn't much reason to engage with them since they genuinely don't want to have discussions; they are entirely convinced they are right and anyone with any different opinion is wrong. and in the case of the later, it's hard to deal with since while I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and think they are just missing the big picture... Well, modern politics makes that really hard.
Interesting.
'they are entirely convinced they are right and anyone with any different opinion is wrong.'
Who?

'... the American Evangelical strand and people spewing antisemitic propaganda.
Most Christians of (what you call) the 'American Evangelical Strand 'are entirely convinced we are right about the rabid Antisemitism we see today being Wrong.

Are you okay with that?

DevaWolf

Veteran
Late to the discussion by @thezone but anyway;
I am arguing mostly with Christians here because there are mostly Christians active here currently, if there were a lot of Muslims I'd debate them the same way because I have a problem with all dogmatic religions. It's got nothing to do with not opposing Muslims in the same way.
I wished the Muslims a happy ramadan, just like I would wish a Christian merry Christmas because you know I might oppose their views but I try not to be a complete jerk in daily life.

Awoken2

Superstar
I don’t think you paid attention:
I only pay for things I require. I do not require indoctrinating so anybody who tries to indoctrinate me will not be getting my attention. It's a very simple concept to understand. [

QUOTE="Claire Rousseau, post: 204910, member: 1894"]I give EVERYONE the Gospel with LOVE, hoping they will believe & be saved[/QUOTE]

You can only give away something that you own. You do not own the Gospel, it owns you. It.owns your thoughts, your actions and your words. It has also quite obviously deprived you of empathy, tolerance and understanding of other people's lives and situations.

I do not rant about what they do in their personal lives or lecture them on their sexual choices
....but you do on this forum. According to you all gay and trans people are all sinners who need saving. This is completely ridiculous, you know nothing about these people. Your comments are all too often extremely judgemental and condescending. Who are you to judge anyone?

I don’t even ask that kind of stuff, but they always volunteer that info & I nod and continue my Gospel presentation. The goal is to get them saved.
This statement is just ludicrous. I don't think you are being honest here. What you are saying is it is only gay people who need to divulge very personal details about their private life to a total stranger who knocks on their door who wants to talk about God? What about all the gay people you meet who don't divulge said information? How can you tell these people apart? If somebody rocks up at my door and tries telling me I need to be saved they would continue the rest of their sermon to my front door. Simple as.

Yes, 95% (approximately) get furious from me just asking them if I can show them from the Bible how to be saved.
...because you are saying that they.are doing something wrong. You are being judgemental and condescending....can you not understand this?

It really makes no sense for you to keep referring to me as “homophobic”, because I am not afraid of homos.
Your terminology is even derogatory. I'm not even going to get started with the semantics thing with you. People who feel they need to "be saved" from their own sexuality, which I would imagine the numbers to be miniscule, are already in their church apolgising to God every day. The reason why you may be struggling with the other 95% is because they are not interested in what you have got to say.

Would you appreciate it if I repeatedly called you cynophobic just because you happen to be a cat person but you were not truly afraid of dogs?
You can call me whatever you like, it means nothing to me. I know who I am. You don't.

The comments I have made here are based on statements you have made on a public forum.

All sin is bad to God. I’m not sure what you’re talking about when you say God has different punishments for sin?

If you go soul winning and you aren’t searching out people’s sins you just talk to everyone, then why do you come here and condemn certain people for theirs? I don’t understand that?

Well, Claire maybe you planted the seed in the homosexuals you preached to? When you say these people never can you aren’t preaching the gospel that Christ died for everyone.
Yes, all sin is bad, but not all sin is equal. Some are far worse, referred to as “abominations”.

This is a pretty easy concept to grasp.

For example: stealing an ink pen from the bank is a sin.

Beating an elderly woman to death is also a sin.

The latter is by far the worst of the two sins.

According to the Bible, committing the first sin came with the punishment of repaying threefold what was stolen.

Beating an old lady to death carried the death penalty.

Hopefully that clears that up for you.
We could and should mandate lifelong chemical castration. And treatment. That’s my point of view and it’s a whole hell of a lot more than we do now.

I know a guy who got 8MONTHS for forcing a five year old to give him felatio. Was released back to his 1 and 3 year old daughters unsupervised. That is unacceptable and that is where we need to start.
That is sad & disgusting.
What a broken system.

justjess

Superstar
Yes, all sin is bad, but not all sin is equal. Some are far worse, referred to as “abominations”.

This is a pretty easy concept to grasp.

For example: stealing an ink pen from the bank is a sin.

Beating an elderly woman to death is also a sin.

The latter is by far the worst of the two sins.

According to the Bible, committing the first sin came with the punishment of repaying threefold what was stolen.

Beating an old lady to death carried the death penalty.

Hopefully that clears that up for you.

That is sad & disgusting.
What a broken system.
It is indeed...

He was declared not a p***phile and therefore not a risk because supposedly his motive for the crime was gang retaliation (ms13). I was called to testify at his cause hearing to determine the status of his contact with his children... I strongly suggested it be supervised. I was over ruled. By both the judge and the psychologist who evaluated him.

We do not treat crimes against children or women with the severity they deserve in this country. We never have. We need to. Of all the abuse cases I dealt with maybe 10% resulted in criminal charges. That is a poss poor record. You get in more “trouble” for shoplifting a banana it seems..

I haven't looked for it no. Take what I posted in context. I'm not the one going around trying to "save" people.
You complain that I am hateful because I believe homosexuality is an abomination, yet you scoff at me for trying to deliver the Gospel that will save their soul from Hell, thanks & glory be to Jesus Christ.

News flash: giving someone the Gospel is the single most loving thing you can do for a person.

I’m already saved, so I could just sit on my rump & not worry about whether or not people die & go to Hell.

I am not trying to exalt myself, I do it because since I got saved & received the Holy Spirit, I have a passion for finding the lost and giving them the Gospel.

I know how close I was to going to Hell myself, and if I had died before getting saved, I would be in Hell.

How is it wrong to want to share God’s gift with others?

Eternity is a long time.

Is it better to forsake the lost and let them go to Hell?

Because I don’t think it is.

It is indeed...

He was declared not a p***phile and therefore not a risk because supposedly his motive for the crime was gang retaliation (ms13). I was called to testify at his cause hearing to determine the status of his contact with his children... I strongly suggested it be supervised. I was over ruled. By both the judge and the psychologist who evaluated him.

We do not treat crimes against children or women with the severity they deserve in this country. We never have. We need to. Of all the abuse cases I dealt with maybe 10% resulted in criminal charges. That is a poss poor record. You get in more “trouble” for shoplifting a banana it seems..
Geez!
Ms13 & a p***phile?!
Clearly the judge & psychologist were corrupt.
I hope those girls are okay.

I can see why you are frustrated. It seems justice is non-existent in the courts.

Lisa

Superstar
@Claire Rousseau
Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28
“You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER ’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘ You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY ’; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

I think you’re thinking about how humans look at sins but clearly God sees it all as bad, not one worse than the other.

Awoken2

Superstar
You complain that I am hateful because I believe homosexuality is an abomination
You are hateful because your Bible indoctrinated you to be hateful. You use the word abomination...I bet you had never even heard the word until you picked up a Bible.

yet you scoff at me for trying to deliver the Gospel that will save their soul from Hell, thanks & glory be to Jesus Christ.
There is no current evidence to substantiate your claim that a place called Hell exists. You read about Hell in your Bible and now you believe it's a real place....indoctrination once more.

I’m already saved, so I could just sit on my rump & not worry about whether or not people die & go to Hell.
Hey if you think you have booked your spot in Heaven that's just great. Good for you. But again there is no proof that it exists other than in people's minds.....yuuup....A Bible thing.

How is it wrong to want to share God’s gift with others?
If people are looking for God's gift they go to a Church where they can rejoice in their all round righteousness with like minded people. In this environment don't be surprised to encounter people who don't believe anything written in a Bible.

I do not associate with homos & never will.
And how do you know that? Have you given a sexual orientation questionnaire to everybody you know?

I have ensured that none of my kids have ever been victimized by homos, so I wouldn’t blame myself.
So every gay person in the world is a victim of a predatory homosexual, and that's what's caused their gayness?.....You are out of your mind.

. Only heterosexuals are normal
This is called bigotry.

Look I'm fully aware of the futility of talking to people like yourself, ain't nobody gonna change your beliefs now you think your Heaven bound so I won't bother trying.

Damien50

Star
@Claire Rousseau
Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28
“You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER ’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘ You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY ’; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

I think you’re thinking about how humans look at sins but clearly God sees it all as bad, not one worse than the other.
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. She's flip flopping between the OT and the NT. Hate the sin not the sinner right? It's pretty hard to love your neighbor as you love yourself when someone can walk around using slurs and then talk about love and giving the gospel. I think that's a hypocrite. I'll stop here because this isn't the proper section and the convo has converted into 'Homo this Homo that' 'Die die die'.

We aren't even talking about Desmond being exploited or the overall exploitation of the LGBT community just spending our time arguing with a hateful individual using religion to cloak their hatred for justification.

Anyways... Why Desmond, why now? Thoughts Lisa? Assuming p***philia isn't the agenda, is it to advertise abuse as progressive? Because it isn't violent and everyone's having a good time, have we become so desensitized to violence that we're being shown a future of androgynous children and adults? Where words have lost their meaning and gratification is cheaper than a Vegas brothel?

Lisa

Superstar
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. She's flip flopping between the OT and the NT. Hate the sin not the sinner right? It's pretty hard to love your neighbor as you love yourself when someone can walk around using slurs and then talk about love and giving the gospel. I think that's a hypocrite. I'll stop here because this isn't the proper section and the convo has converted into 'Homo this Homo that' 'Die die die'.

We aren't even talking about Desmond being exploited or the overall exploitation of the LGBT community just spending our time arguing with a hateful individual using religion to cloak their hatred for justification.

Anyways... Why Desmond, why now? Thoughts Lisa? Assuming p***philia isn't the agenda, is it to advertise abuse as progressive? Because it isn't violent and everyone's having a good time, have we become so desensitized to violence that we're being shown a future of androgynous children and adults? Where words have lost their meaning and gratification is cheaper than a Vegas brothel?
Personally, I think that it’s the slow progression to more lawlessness...to the end times prophecies predicted in the Bible.
Mark‬ ‭13:19-20
For those days will be a time of tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will. Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days.
Jesus tells us lawlessness will increase..that’s where we are headed.
‭‭‬ ‭

Maes17

Superstar
Converse really sold out and oddly their throwback shoes from the '70s-'80s became all the rage. My Dad had a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse shoes made famous for basketball which was decades before Nike. Anyhow, somebody must have changed ownership for the push for this kind of stuff could not be imagined by the shoe creators. They, for the most part, went belly up for a bit despite Con's being made since the fifties.
Nike has owned converse since 2003 I believe.

@Claire Rousseau
God does see all sin as bad, that much is true, but to say He sees all sins as equally bad, or as you said: “not one worse than the other” is wrong.

The Bible does NOT support that theory, and actually teaches that some sins are worse than others, and some punishments are worse based on the severity of the sin:

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.”.......Matthew 23:13 (KJB)

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.”......John 19:11 (KJB)

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:”.....Mark 3:29 (KJB)

There are many, many more verses & passages that I can quote you, but you get the point.

This is one of most common doctrinal errors that people who do not read their Bible (or are reading a modern counterfeit) tend to make.

F316FD61-DF19-470C-AAC8-C19E66A4BBCE.png

Lisa

Superstar
God does see all sin as bad, that much is true, but to say He sees all sins as equally bad, or as you said: “not one worse than the other” is wrong.

The Bible does NOT support that theory, and actually teaches that some sins are worse than others, and some punishments are worse based on the severity of the sin:

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.”.......Matthew 23:13 (KJB)

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.”......John 19:11 (KJB)

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:”.....Mark 3:29 (KJB)

There are many, many more verses & passages that I can quote you, but you get the point.

This is one of most common doctrinal errors that people who do not read their Bible (or are reading a modern counterfeit) tend to make.

View attachment 21914
Don’t be patronizing...

Anyway, the punishment is all the same...thrown into the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. So if there aren’t different tiers of punishments for these supposedly worse sins, how can there be worse sins?

So every gay person in the world is a victim of a predatory homosexual, and that's what's caused their gayness?.....You are out of your mind.

This is called bigotry.

Look I'm fully aware of the futility of talking to people like yourself, ain't nobody gonna change your beliefs now you think your Heaven bound so I won't bother trying.
Not EVERY homo was raped but a majority were........

“Comparative data of childhood and adolescence molestation in heterosexual and homosexual persons.

Tomeo ME, et al. Arch Sex Behav. 2001.
Show full citation
Abstract
In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women. Forty-six percent of the homosexual men in contrast to 7% of the heterosexual men reported homosexual molestation. Twenty-two percent of lesbian women in contrast to 1% of heterosexual women reported homosexual molestation. This research is apparently the first survey that has reported substantial homosexual molestation of girls. Suggestions for future research were offered.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11501300/

..........According to research, it is true.