Consent and "fantasy relationships"

morita

Veteran
THETRUDZ.png
If you're not a woman that might be news for you, but putting yourself at there as a woman, and especially a woman of color, can put you at great risk of stalking, harassement, etc.

This on the other hand is a form of boundary violations that I haven't heard or seen discussed much so I wanted to post this on here so people could be aware that happens. I think it's important as the tweet from "Marina" says to think about consent outside of sexual relationships.
I stopped following a youtuber I used to really like because they made a story time video about not wanting to take no as an answer from the person they were pursuing and kept calling them incessantly and disregarding their boundaries. They were narrating the story as if it was comical, but obviously it wasn't cute nor comical, it made me incredibly uncomfortable.
Idk, I hope these tweets and this post will at least make one person think about all of this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
The internet, and especially social media is a tool of the illuminati that they use to control our minds, bodies, and emotions.

I think every right thinking person should either stop using it, or at least vet the people allowed to view and comment in their posts, and limit it to only those who they know.

Aero

Superstar
I agree about boundaries. But what is there to say? We don't live in a perfect world. We can't make everyone respect each other, especially when so many people don't even respect themselves.

In my experience, you really have to be clear with people. If that means being extra cautious not to seem leading, so be it. That's what you have to do. Take me for example. I make it super obvious what's on my radar. But again, I still can't stop people from lying to themselves. I can only make sure their lies can't be tied back to me in any way.

morita

Veteran
The internet, and especially social media is a tool of the illuminati that they use to control our minds, bodies, and emotions.

I think every right thinking person should either stop using it, or at least vet the people allowed to view and comment in their posts, and limit it to only those who they know.
So if you're being stalked by complete strangers, you'd blame yourself for creating a social media account?

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
In my experience, you really have to be clear with people. If that means being extra cautious not to seem leading, so be it. That's what you have to do. Take me for example. I make it super obvious what's on my radar. But again, I still can't stop people from lying to themselves. I can only make sure their lies can't be tied back to me in any way.
They didn't do anything to "lead them on" they've never interacted with these people and didn't know they even existed. These people just created a complete scenario about them in their mind.
People are never going to be perfect but at least we should call out these things for what it is: stalking and harassement. Too often it's portrayed in a romantic light in medias and books (Haven't you read Twilight?), or as something benign, that's where the issue lies.

Cintra

Star
So if you're being stalked by compleete strangersf, you'd blame yourself for creating a social media account?
No idea. I don't have social media accounts.

I never liked the idea if puking my life out onto the internet for other people to scrutinise and judge.

So, yes, I suppose. If I created social media accounts that allowed other people to butt their noses into my private life, and then they did butt their noses in, yeah I would think I was stupid for making an account in the first place.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Dating apps are non-discriminant in their efforts to get users of both sexes to engage with each other eh? I admit the sites likely dont care if the interactions are good or bad, but the point for people (regardless of sex/orientation) going on those sites is, at best, to meet someone you are interested in/attracted to and at worst, just random encounters eh?

Stephania

Star
View attachment 31828
If you're not a woman that might be news for you, but putting yourself at there as a woman, and especially a woman of color, can put you at great risk of stalking, harassement, etc.

This on the other hand is a form of boundary violations that I haven't heard or seen discussed much so I wanted to post this on here so people could be aware that happens. I think it's important as the tweet from "Marina" says to think about consent outside of sexual relationships.
I stopped following a youtuber I used to really like because they made a story time video about not wanting to take no as an answer from the person they were pursuing and kept calling them incessantly and disregarding their boundaries. They were narrating the story as if it was comical, but obviously it wasn't cute nor comical, it made me incredibly uncomfortable.
Idk, I hope these tweets and this post will at least make one person think about all of this.
All I can say is.. I know the feeling. I have this problem with both males and females.
In my situation there is a solution- but the people who could stop it and/or say that they will help me are faithless to do so time and time again- which makes it worse. Then I have to cut them out of my life too for opening doors for the stalkers and not shutting them. Rinse, repeat. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Dating apps are non-discriminant in their efforts to get users of both sexes to engage with each other eh? I admit the sites likely dont care if the interactions are good or bad, but the point for people (regardless of sex/orientation) going on those sites is, at best, to meet someone you are interested in/attracted to and at worst, just random encounters eh?
Except these sites are like 80% males and 20% women.
Do you have any idea of how many messages the few percentage of women on these dating apps get? Easily a hundred per day. Women are the products, essentially, men are the ones clicking on their profiles. If women would exit dating sites like tinder, okc, etc, they would crumble.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Except these sites are like 80% males and 20% women.
Do you have any idea of how many messages the few percentage of women on these dating apps get? Easily a hundred per day. Women are the products, essentially, men are the ones clicking on their profiles. If women would exit dating sites like tinder, okc, etc, they would crumble.
Agree and disagree. I agree that the gender skewing is likely real, but I dont think the companies care. People are just meat to them, to be fed into their digital grinder. If humans are hurt by these apps (and they most certainly have been), the companies either dont care or think its good.