"Concentration camps-like" migrant youth shelters in the US have taken over 10,000 children.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I know this because border patrol agents- who I'm sure you wouldn't now somehow suggest are inept- say they know this, which was how the minority of children they claim to know to have been seperated from their families was discerned. I can also make the assumption that the behavior of children toward their parents is rather significantly different from that toward the strangers trafficking them, usually in large groups. When a border patrol agent arrests a woman clutching a child to her breast crying "Mama-Mama!", they can be pretty sure she's not a child trafficker, you know? And even the kids being trafficked, who don't have family with them or don't have family at all aren't 'dirty goods', they're kids, being trafficked, who need help.

Of course some of these kids are being exploited. Of course these kids are victims of their circumstance. I just don't understand for the life of me how that translates to: "So fuck'em."

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So it honestly appears that ICE is a rouge agency, formed out of the homeland security apparatus after 911. Their activities up to this point have been illegal, but with the children's issues and this leaked info, it also appears the Trump administration has further mutated it to a new, paramilitary and extra judiciary entity which operates beyond any accountability.

How are we still asking where thousands of children are? We are supposed to believe there is NO documentation? That the authorities didn't have their scanners, bar codes and computer systems all ready to go, recording that information? Either they didn't on purpose, or they did and they are hiding it.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Trump hosts victims of undocumented migrants amid family separations row
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-44580964

"On Friday morning, the president tweeted about the "phony stories of sadness and grief" coming from the US-Mexico border - a clear attempt to undermine media reports of traumatised undocumented immigrant families separated by US officials.

On Friday afternoon, the president stood alongside relatives of those killed by undocumented immigrants. These were the stories the media ignores, he said. These were families that had been "permanently separated".

He cited raw numbers of murders, rapes and robberies committed, and dismissed statistics that show foreign born in the US commit crimes at a lower rate than the general population.

The president's political strategy appears to be to rally his base with tales of lawlessness and rampage. He's made economic arguments against immigration in the past, about stolen jobs and strained social services, but now he is focused on fear."

A.J.

Star
I'm not giving Trump a pass here but I still have concern outside this 'no tolerance' nonsense....
Are we even equipped to safely take in a growing number of immigrants and/or their children? There has to be some type of order and accoutability here... I could see how it all can become highly unmanageable very quick...
The case for the immediacy of the wall is being made in real time.... I'd be willing for us to take in every weak and wounded child, but it has to be done in a safe, orderly, feasible and sustainable way....we also need the resources with very strict oversight to prevent futher fiscal and human rights abuses and ensure the protection of our own citizenry and the ((legal)) immigration process

Not sure if you guys saw the link I posted.... I question motives of all parties involved

justjess

Superstar
And that’s exactly why this crisis was created..

To make the case for the immediacy of “the wall”

Trumps not stupid.

A.J.

Star
And that’s exactly why this crisis was created..

To make the case for the immediacy of “the wall”

Trumps not stupid.
Take your emotions out of it....is there a history of kids trafficked at the border ? Would the wall help eliminate or at least control the problem? P.S. I completely disapprove of trumps tactics on this, however....

"Massive illegal immigration is supported by both sides of the professional political machine. There are few issues more unifying for the K-Street purchased voices of DC politicians than keeping the borders open and the influx of illegal aliens as high as possible. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce pays politicians to keep this system in place.

All Democrats and most Republicans support mass immigration. Almost no DC politicians want to take action on any policy or legislation that stops the influx. There are billions at stake. None of the GOP leadership want to actually stop illegal immigration; it’s a lucrative business. Almost all of the CONservative groups and politicians lie about it."
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/06/20/illegal-immigration-and-lax-border-controls-are-the-epicenter-of-the-uniparty/

I have no idea what Trumps motives are but I believe there are a few on his team that want to bring some type of order and resolution. What good are laws if they are not properly maintained and help bring order.... I'm not saying abuses won't proceed, but hopefully they can be minimized.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
My response had no emotions involved. Order out of chaos.. your on this board for a reason right? Create a crisis, propose a solution that was what you wanted the whole time anyway.

I don’t care about trumps wall. Build it, whatever. But there’s no excuse for using children as hostages to accomplish this. None. Hell, I was even ok with his plan to take the money from the military budget for it..

But let’s be honest the vast majority of immigration doesn’t happen at the border, the vast majority of drugs don’t come in at the border either. The wall really won’t solve much of anything.

Awoken2

Superstar
The conversion of Wallmarts into caged detention centers where children are kept in mass numbers with poor to no documentation and a strong-armed ban on photography and press is really rather frightening. There's reports that massive numbers of children have already gone missing into this dystopian system. This carries portents of human trafficking on a large scale, a candy-land for the sorts of people this website recognizes and reviles.
What's more, it illustrates the great ease with which the community shopping center can be converted into a large-scale detention center, and the great willingness with which your friends at Wallmart offer up their facilities for the mass confinement of weeping children.
Things are escalating quickly in America.
Here is somebody paying one of these detention centres a visit whilst voicing his disdain.