"Concentration camps-like" migrant youth shelters in the US have taken over 10,000 children.

There's a reason why the Koch brothers are supporting the Democrats in immigration issues. They love the cheap illegal labour.

As part of the big picture, this is more proof that Trump is the real deal. Enforcing immigration law is an anti-globalist stance.
I’m not sure about the real deal part but I’m with him on this. As long as they’re not getting mistreated on their way out that is

Damien50

Star
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. I'm striving for rational, fact-based discussion. Are you against that?
It just appears that you support and espouse certain narratives especially considering that you are Canadian I find some of your comments baffling is all. Based on the images you shared from a Twitter account that had taken the images from a local Texas news report that had those images and were given a tour of the facility but not allowed to speak to anyone. My point being I didn't see your point in sharing what read like a MSM report on conditions that the original article from the images you shared was only given a tidbit of info.

We're talking kids being taken from their parents and you show us images and say it's being terribly exaggerated. Where are your facts again?

Kung Fu

Superstar
It just appears that you support and espouse certain narratives especially considering that you are Canadian I find some of your comments baffling is all. Based on the images you shared from a Twitter account that had taken the images from a local Texas news report that had those images and were given a tour of the facility but not allowed to speak to anyone. My point being I didn't see your point in sharing what read like a MSM report on conditions that the original article from the images you shared was only given a tidbit of info.

We're talking kids being taken from their parents and you show us images and say it's being terribly exaggerated. Where are your facts again?
He's on a conspiracy website but yet seems like he's an anchor or "journalist" working for a mainstream American corporate media outlet.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
He's on a conspiracy website but yet seems like he's an anchor or "journalist" working for a mainstream American corporate media outlet.
To be fair to Thunder, it was a mainstream American corporate media outlet that first made me aware of the extent of this issue, namely CNN, and they do indeed spew an unwatchable level of anti-Trump rhetoric these days. It's quite understandable given the way Trump has attacked the press, but it's excessive to the point of seeming clownish.
That said, there are plenty of other media-outlets covering this issue, and very few of them are capable of painting it in a positive light. Fox, for example, has now pretty notoriously suggested that for the kids it's like 'going to summer-camp'. Though likely too liberal-minded for some, I find 'Democracy Now' to be a really solid news outlet. They cover a fairly broad range of issues, they do actual investigative journalism and on-scene reporting where they can, do some really compelling interviews, and take a serious look at fairly important issues, typically with a lack of hyperbole.

starviego

Rookie
Putting factors like poverty and birth control aside, the rest of the planet doesn't cost 30k just for childbirth/delivery.
My point is that if they can't be that bad off if they are having children. Whatever happened to the wisdom of "if you can't feed them, don't breed them." Or is it our job to make-up for third world irresponsibility?

DesertRose

Superstar
Whatever happened to the wisdom of "if you can't feed them, don't breed them." Or is it our job to make-up for third world irresponsibility?
I see so you are assuming two things.
a) That they have the money for monthly contraceptives. (Moreover, people have had failed contraception methods).
b) That they always did not have money. (Things could have taken a turn for the worst in their lives in a more recent fashion.)

This is wholly irrelevant to this topic fyi.
The question is whether it is acceptable to separate kids from their families? I have found thankfully that there are enough Americans from both sides of the aisle (Republican and Democrat) rejecting this notion.

Thunderian

Superstar
The "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing is a fallacy. The US had Germany as a common enemy with Russia during WW2, but this "friendship" ended up costing more to the US in the long term. Trump is just a loose cannon that is, ultimately only controlled opposition.
Who do you suppose is controlling Trump, and what's your basis for this belief?

Helioform

Star
Who do you suppose is controlling Trump, and what's your basis for this belief?
I am replying to this mostly for the benefit of the readers here...

Too much to go into details here, but he is controlled by Templars/Freemasons. He also shares a royal bloodline with the Clintons distantly.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/25/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-are-related-genealogy/

It is about choosing the "lesser" of the 2 evils (in the 2 party system illusion), but choosing evil anyway.

Overall it is just infighting between two different clans (Trump being in the weaker clan) of the NWO. Trump is somehow used by the stronger clan to bring in the downfall of the USA because it is too strong and independant right now to be annexed to the NWO in the future. His endless wars against everything and everybody (division, race wars and the rest) will bring the USA to its knees, particularly with the trade wars being waged on multiple fronts (Canada, Mexico, EU, China). His focus on meaningless things like being against the PC culture is only a ploy. It is always about the economy, stupid.

Thunderian

Superstar
You're absolutely right that it's not all families being split up, that it's not all toddlers being confined, that there are criminals and child-traffickers among them, trying to exploit the children in their company. All of that is true, and I don't debate it. But there ARE toddlers among them, and some of those toddlers have been separated from their mothers or fathers, possibly permanently. America is actively incarcerating toddlers for indefinite periods while intentionally separating them from their families for equally indefinite periods as a matter of policy. This is new, this is true, and this is obscene.
Why is it obscene? The children are taken care of. What do you think happens to children when their parents go to prison? Are they left at home to fend for themselves? Do they go to prison with their mom or dad? No. They are either placed in foster care, or with relatives. That is exactly what's happening with toddlers who are brought through the border illegally, and since most of them aren't with their parents in the first place, the incidences of them being taken from their parents at the border are relatively few.

Between October 2017 and January 2018, according to the border patrol, 14,444 unaccompanied children were apprehended, most from Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, and Mexico. These are children whose parents paid $5000-$10,000 to human smugglers who take their children to the border and essentially drop them off, like it's daycare. What do you propose is done with these children?

You keep saying this, and it's a bit bewildering, particularly as I'm not well versed in American border-law. Are you saying if folks who are caught across the border illegally are apprehended, they at any time can say 'alright, alright, I'll head home' and be released to head in the opposite direction? Some kind of 'Go on, git!' clause in the law? It sounds unlikely to me. Or are you simply saying a willingness to risk incarceration is a willingness to be incarcerated?
The only reason they are being held is because they are claiming asylum. If they give up their claim and choose to return to their country of origin, why reason would there be to continue to hold them? If the US locked up every foreigner who tried to enter the country illegally, they would run out of room pretty quickly. If illegals don't request asylum, they are free to go within 12-24 hours.

Hubert

Established
They aren't being abused, and the only reason they are being held is because they're claiming asylum. It's not like the border patrol went to Guatemala and kidnapped them.
I would argue that separating and detaining young children form their parents for weeks at a time is a form of abuse. Especially when you consider that the kids have done nothing wrong, and the parents are only being charged with a misdemeanor immigration violation. This seems like cruel and unusual punishment for both the parents and the kids.

Thunderian

Superstar
I would argue that separating and detaining young children form their parents for weeks at a time is a form of abuse.
According to the border patrol, more than 80 percent of the children being held are unaccompanied. That means they were separated from their parents a long time before they came into US custody. The image of thousands of screaming children being torn from the hands of their mothers by jackbooted border patrol Nazis isn't an accurate one.