Comparison of JAHtruth's "the way home or face the fire" to the bible [part 4, special rainbow edition]

JoChris

Superstar
This is a continuation of a review of JAHtruth's main religious beliefs, the ebook "the way home or face the fire"

Please use the King James Bible as Anthony John Hill only misuses that version. https://www.biblegateway.com/

Muslims, please feel free to provide commentary on how AJH misuses the Quran/ misrepresents Islamic beliefs.

For reference lists please visit https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/comparison-of-jahtruths-the-way-home-or-face-the-fire-to-the-bible-part-2.10896/#post-553548

---
In honour of June, now declared the woke world's holy month of LGBT+ affirmation, this chapter deserves to be dissected carefully.

The woke crowd will not be amused at parts of this chapter.

1686281336675.png

If Anthony John Hill was living in the UK he would most certainly have his door knocked by the UK's thought police if he put it on Twitter. Just sayin'.

JoChris

Superstar
CHAPTER 6 Abraham, Lot and Sodom and GomorrEah.

6:1
Noah’s descendants fell, once-again, into the same old trap, that had them kicked-out of heaven in the first-place, i.e. listening to, and being deceived, by the devil’s lies, and, because of it, they gradually became more and more evil, again.

That first sentence was off to a very poor start.
Adam and Eve were the ones kicked out of Eden (on Earth itself, not Heaven), see end of Genesis chapter 3.
Noah was first mentioned in Genesis chapter 6.

No excuses should be made for AJH's poor wording e.g. "everyone who has read this far knows who he means".
He claims to be Elijah/Jesus reborn/ reincarnated/ using new body... remember?

1686283288308.png

6:2 Eventually, God singled-out Abraham, for special training, because he loved God and always strove to do His Will, and was sickened by the idolatry, and evil way of life, of his nation (Gen.12:1)(Sura 43:26).

6:3 God told Abraham to leave his people, so he did; and he renounced his nationality, and his people’s religion, idolatry and superstitions, and he became an adopted “child of God”, and a true believer. He separated himself COMPLETELY from them, to live apart with God, doing God’s Will and learning to be good.

People should read what God actually did with Abraham's [formerly known as Abram) life for themselves from Genesis chapter 11 onwards.

Abraham was not a perfect man either. He doubted sometimes and as a result fell into sin e.g. claiming Sara(h) was not his wife.

NOTE: Abraham chose to lie, Sarah didn't manipulate or charm him into doing that for her.

The bible praises Abraham for his FAITH in God. Hebrews chapter 11.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

JoChris

Superstar
For the following sections, please read Genesis chapter 17-19 first to get full context.

6:4 Lot; whose dad was dead; was Abraham’s nephew, and was also a believer; went with Abraham. They took their households; animals and belongings; left Ur and crossed-over the Great River Euphrates, which was, to them, symbolically, as the Flood was to Noah (Josh. 24).

6:5 After living between Bethel and Hai, for some time, Lot’s and Abraham’s cattle herdsmen began to quarrel, because there was not enough room, for both of their herds to graze.

6:6 Abraham and Lot decided to separate, so that they would not be drawn into fighting each other, because they had great respect and love for each other, being brothers in their respect and love for God, and Abraham’s body being the uncle of Lot’s body.

6:7 Lot went to the plains, where the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were built, and Abraham went to Canaan.

6:8 Later-on, God told Abraham, that He would make an agreement (Covenant / contract) with him and his family, and that, as a sign of this agreement, all the males of his household should be circumcised, from eight days old (signed in blood and symbolizing sacrifixion of the flesh).

[God said to Abraham] Genesis 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
For the following sections, please read Genesis chapter 17-19 first to get full context.

6:4 Lot; whose dad was dead; was Abraham’s nephew, and was also a believer; went with Abraham. They took their households; animals and belongings; left Ur and crossed-over the Great River Euphrates, which was, to them, symbolically, as the Flood was to Noah (Josh. 24).

6:5 After living between Bethel and Hai, for some time, Lot’s and Abraham’s cattle herdsmen began to quarrel, because there was not enough room, for both of their herds to graze.

6:6 Abraham and Lot decided to separate, so that they would not be drawn into fighting each other, because they had great respect and love for each other, being brothers in their respect and love for God, and Abraham’s body being the uncle of Lot’s body.

6:7 Lot went to the plains, where the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were built, and Abraham went to Canaan.

6:8 Later-on, God told Abraham, that He would make an agreement (Covenant / contract) with him and his family, and that, as a sign of this agreement, all the males of his household should be circumcised, from eight days old (signed in blood and symbolizing sacrifixion of the flesh).

[God said to Abraham] Genesis 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
Just reading Mr Hill’s text then comparing it to the Bible made me laugh…

IMG_3617.jpeg

JoChris

Superstar
Just reading Mr Hill’s text then comparing it to the Bible made me laugh…

View attachment 88056
I am glad you could see why I did not believe I needed to type anything!

At the very best "the way home or face the fire" alleged bible/ quran commentary is at a junior high school standards.
AJH adds a little bit of creative writing and personal interpretation to fill in the gaps.

The fact that TWHOFTF misses the point of what the bible means ALL the time should be an obvious sign that Anthony John Hill's JAHtruth religion is completely non-Christian.
Incredibly some people still think that if a person says they believe the bible that automatically makes them a Christian. :rolleyes:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am glad you could see why I did not believe I needed to type anything!

At the very best "the way home or face the fire" alleged bible/ quran commentary is at a junior high school standards.
AJH adds a little bit of creative writing and personal interpretation to fill in the gaps.

The fact that TWHOFTF misses the point of what the bible means ALL the time should be an obvious sign that Anthony John Hill's JAHtruth religion is completely non-Christian.
Incredibly some people still think that if a person says they believe the bible that automatically makes them a Christian. :rolleyes:
I think in modern culture, many people confuse identifying as something as being something.

IMG_3619.jpeg

JoChris

Superstar
AJH's gives further commentary on why circumcision was commanded here:

6:9 God did this because the world had become evil again, and Abraham’s household was surrounded, by perverted and depraved peoples, who were enslaved by fornication, .....

Correct!
so God decided to help them resist temptation.

Then why God create Adam made with a foreskin, if having one was going to be way too tempting for men?

Read what the bible actually says: it is a sign of God's covenant with Abraham.

----
6:10 The circumcising would help to achieve this, by making the sex-organ less sensitive, to try to reduce their sex-drive, and, hopefully, help to push them towards a better understanding of spiritual love.

That's AJH's opinion only - frankly there he sounds quite prudish and inhibited.
I wonder if he disapproves of the Bible's "Book of Solomon"?!!!!

1 Corinthians chapter 7 gives directions for marital intimacy. It does not sound like God views sex like AJH.

3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

----
6:11 Circumcision itself is of no great importance: it is faith and love that are important (Galatians 5:6).

Correct! AJH forgot to sound legalistic there!

Full chapter Galatians 5.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

----
However, it would also have been more hygienic, in that part of the world, with the heat and scarcity of water.

From a medical point of view that is correct. Web md - circumcision: pros vs cons

JoChris

Superstar
The bible has always offended people who approve of sexual immorality, even though it describes/ condemns it in the most matter-of-fact manner possible. The bible says God hates it and He views what 21st century calls homosexuality as an abomination.

However "The way home or face the fire" takes it much further than simple condemnation. AJH sounds more like the extremist preachers who claim LGBT+ cannot be saved. The bible never says that.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

WERE. Past tense.
The effeminate/ abusers of themselves with mankind are INCLUDED with those sinners who believed in Jesus and repented of their sins.

----
Please read Genesis 18:20-33 for context.

God had told Abraham what He was going to do to Sodom and Gomorrah first.

20 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord.
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah? Got questions

..... What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah? According to Genesis 19, the sin involved homosexuality. The very name of that ancient city has given us the term sodomy, in the sense of “copulation between two men, whether consensual or forced.” Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual acts on what they thought were two men.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Back to "the way home or face the fire".

6:12 The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were totally out of control, so God decided to destroy them, completely, souls and all.
6:13 Sodom, as the name indicates, was full of sodomites (homosexuals), committing the abominable crime of sodomy, and Gomorrah was full of perversion and promiscuity (Gen. 19:1-29)(Sura 7:80-81 & 15:61-77).

Correct!

See Genesis chapter 19.
Quran 7:80-81, Quran 15:61-77 [notice how lacking in details the quran is compared to the bible!!!!]
6:14 Lot lived on the outskirts of Sodom, but he was not a sodomite/homosexual, so the Lord sent two angels, in the appearance of handsome young men, to save him and his family.

Yes, if Lot was a righteous man he was not LGBT+ in any way. See 2 Peter chapter 2.

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds)

It is safe to assume if the men of Lot wanted the angels they were good-looking, but the bible does not say that.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Here Anthony John Hill attempts to do bible commentary again but instead he reveals his belief system about homosexuals, using words like queer and Sodomites.
Chapter 19 says men of Sodom only.
The KJV version does use the word Sodomite, but only 5 times and only in the Old Testament.

Just read what "the way home or face the fire" says and compare it to the bible.
6:15 The angels came and communicated with Lot, by telepathy,

WRONG!!!! AJH deliberately lied there to help support his false teachings of telepathically communicating with God.

SAID does not mean THOUGHT!!!!

Genesis 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

----
and Lot, not wanting them to be troubled, by the sodomites (homosexuals), rushed them into his house. The angels said that they would stay in the street, all night. Being angels, they did not need sleep, and they knew that the sodomites/homosexuals could do THEM no harm. However, Lot insisted, so the angels stayed inside, and accepted his kind hospitality.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

6:16 The queers had seen the angels, and they came to Lot’s house, and surrounded it, demanding that Lot should bring the handsome young men out, so that the queers could force them to submit to being sodomized (raped).

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

---

AJH's god does not love the homosexual. The Christian God hates the sin.

JoChris

Superstar
Genesis chapter 19 is confronting because it shows the outcome of Lot's decision not to seek God's will, using his own reasoning and the terrible fallout which resulted. (It is in no way an endorsement of what Lot and Lot's daughters did, the bible records people's sins as well as their successes!)

----
The poor quality of analysis is quite striking here. How any person could read AJH's commentary and think he was spiritually enlightened, a man of God is a mystery. It is basic paraphrasing only.

6:17 Lot went out, to plead with the queers, to go-away, and take women instead, and not to embarrass and shame him, in front of his guests. He closed the door behind himself, to protect the angels from the queers/sodomites.

Genesis 19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

It was not "women". It was Lot's own daughters. The implications of that is enormous.
He was permitting enraged men to take his daughters if they had wanted to r*pe them! What kind of father would allow that?

TWHOFTF to not address that is a terrible oversight and inexcusable for a so-called religious leader.

6:18 The queers became angry with Lot, because he was not “one of them”, and was not a local either, and they threatened to do worse to Lot, than to the strangers (angels). On hearing this, the angels dragged Lot back inside, and struck the queers blind, so that they wandered around lost, and could not find the door to Lot’s house.

9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

JoChris

Superstar
AJH does not address important verses like the angels rescuing all Lot's family from Sodom (see verses Genesis 19:12-23).

6:20 The angels then destroyed the two cities, with a terrible blast (“Fire”), and it so TOTALLY annihilated them, that, to this day, although it is known roughly where they were situated, ABSOLUTELY no trace of them has ever been found (Gen. 19:24)(Sura 15:76-77).

Genesis 19:24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

---
The blast was far more efficient, than any crude nuclear-weapon, and destroyed not only the cities, and everything in them, but also the bodies and souls of the inhabitants.

It was a massive volcanic eruption. Read the verses. Of course the people's bodies and souls were destroyed - they were killed!

---
6:21 Lot’s wife looked back, and, because the eyes are the window of the soul (Luke 11:34),

Out of context as usual.

[Jesus said] Luke 11:33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

The passage doesn't support AJH's gnosticism worldview either. https://www.theberean.org/index.cfm/main/default/id/3574/ver/NKJV/luke-11-33-36.htm

---
the blast “Fire” entered through her eyes, destroying her soul and turning her into a pillar of salt.

No, she died because she disobeyed the angels' directions. There is nothing to suggest what AJH said.

Genesis 19:17 And it came to pass, when they [the angels] had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consu
med....

...26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

Who was Lot's wife and why did she die - bible study tools?

....The root word in Hebrew for “looked” used in Genesis 19:36 is נָבַט or nabat. Strong’s Concordance defines this word as, “a primitive root; to scan, i.e. Look intently at; by implication, to regard with pleasure, favor or care – (cause to) behold, consider, look (down), regard, have respect, see.” There is a subtle implication of looking with favor based on the context and usage of the word. Perhaps part of why she turned her head was to look fondly back at these cities; she thought well of her comfortable life, the people, and the lifestyle. Maybe she regretted having to leave it.....

JoChris

Superstar
Here TWHOFTF presents AJH's personal opinions. Some are in agreement with the bible. However he makes some overgeneralised statements and makes remarks that are way more derogatory than the bible itself uses!

6:22 Since then, for thousands of years, sodomy/homosexuality has always been UNLAWFUL (Deut. 23:17),

Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

Unlawful according to the bible - YES, no matter how much modern scholars and LGBT+ supporters claim otherwise.
The New testament reinforces what the Old Testament says.

e.g. Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Unlawful internationally for all time - definitely NO.

e.g. Greek and Roman societies certainly permitted homosexuality.

Pedastry in ancient Greece - Wikipedia

Pederasty in ancient Greece was a socially acknowledged romantic relationship between an older male (the erastes) and a younger male (the eromenos) usually in his teens.[2] It was characteristic of the Archaic and Classical periods.[3] The influence of pederasty on Greek culture of these periods was so prevalent that it has been called "the principal cultural model for free relationships between citizens.

Homosexuality in ancient Rome -Wikipedia

Some religions even have belief systems that allow for homosexuality amongst their gods.

LGBT themes in Hindu mythology - Wikipedia

In Hindu Epic, there are deities or heroes whose attributes or behavior can be interpreted as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) or have elements of gender variance and non-heterosexual sexuality. Traditional Hindu literary sources do not speak of homosexuality directly,[1] but changes of sex, homoerotic encounters, and intersex or third gender characters are often found both in traditional religious narratives such as the Vedas, Mahabharata, Ramayana and Puranas as well as in regional folklore.

carrying the death-penalty (Leviticus 20:13),
For the Jews in the Old Testament - yes.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

There is no commandment for Christians to kill LGBT+ people anywhere.

----
.... and also regarded as immoral, until the last generation, when man has had the AUDACITY, not only to make it legal, but has tried to make it acceptable, if not compulsory, and it is now also rapidly becoming illegal to be a man.
6:23 It is very sad, that, after working so hard to become a man, over thousands of years, and finally making-it; they then find-out that it is much harder to be a man, and they try to go backwards, and they are readily-accepted and welcomed-back, by women.
6:24 A queer is a relatively new man, who decides that being a man is too difficult, and so, decides to try to be a woman, in a man’s body. Some even go to the extent of having themselves surgicallycastrated, “voluntarily” (Deut. 23:1), and they will be punished, accordingly.

Overall I agree with what TWHOFTF says there, despite the very derogatory tone.

It was written in 1986, so it would be interesting to know if AJH would now address the subject differently and expand on TQ+ more than he did there.
e.g. There is a big difference between gender dysphoria and autogynephilia. I have never heard of a girl/ woman who sounded like she had autogynephilia!

gender dysphoria

1. A persistent unease with having the physical characteristics of one's gender, accompanied by strong identification with the opposite gender and a desire to live as or to become a member of the opposite gender.
  2. A profound and persistent unhappiness related to one's physical sex.
autogynephilia
  1. a form of sexual response in biological males characterized by sexual arousal over the idea of being or becoming female
  2. a supposed form of gender identity disorder.
  3. The phenomenon of gender identity disorder when caused by extreme transvestic fetishism.
Queer - Wikipedia
Queer is an
umbrella term for people who are not heterosexual or are not cisgender. Originally meaning 'strange' or 'peculiar', queer came to be used pejoratively against those with same-sex desires or relationships in the late 19th century.....

In the 21st century, queer became increasingly used to describe a broad spectrum of non-normative sexual or gender identities and politics. ...

JoChris

Superstar
Like always, AJH presents personal opinions + misquoted religious verses as if it was scripture. Few comments are needed!!!!

6:25 You can NOT go backwards; you are all under the shadow of the DEATH-SENTENCE; your only escape is forwards (John 3:18).
The verse is completely out of context. John chapter 3

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

6:26 It was easy to destroy the queers/sodomites/homosexuals, in Sodom, because they were all concentrated in one place, and God could easily remove Lot and his family, and then destroy Sodom, without hurting any innocent people.
True, but the Book of Genesis communicates the message without the vitriol.

Today, it is so widespread and intermixed with “normal” society, that God can not blast just them, without hurting too many innocent (?) people, so He has sent AIDS (Leviticus 20:13)(Romans 1:27).

AIDS is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the bible! AIDS was not even named until the early 1980s! History of AIDS

Those verses communicate God's hatred of sodomy/ homosexuality, not the disease itself.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

6:27 Open your eyes and see the signs, and turn around, before it is TOO late.
6:28 Unfortunately AIDS has also attacked other non-believers, too, and once it has attacked enough innocent (?) people, perhaps man will revert to making homosexuality/sodomy illegal again, and live by God’s Laws, and not his own unlawful ones.

That will never happen, because of mankind's sin. People who love sin will find every excuse to continue in sin, even if they know it might kill them. If AIDS wasn't enough to "cure" people seeking sex outside of traditional marriage, nothing will.

JoChris

Superstar
6:30 It is very sad, that people do not know the difference, between sex and love. One million tons of sex will never equal one ounce (or gram) of love. Unfortunately, millions of people spend lifetimes looking for love, and, because they don’t know the difference, they mistakenly find sex. When they don’t get the spiritual-satisfaction, that they are seeking, they try harder, and mistakenly think, that, if they get enough sex, it will bring them spiritual (real) satisfaction, and it will not. It is a vicious-circle!

Bible study tools - what marriage in the bible can teach us for today

People who are seeking what God says about marriage, or for assistance in their marriage should go to Christian websites that specialise on marriage advice.
If you are a listening person like me, sermonaudio.com - marriage

For the real personal issues, when Google is used properly it can be a wonderful assistant. Go to health websites, go to professional counselling websites, don't use TWHOFTF's stale breadcrumbs for marriage/ sexual advice.

----
There are 3 kinds of sex:-
1. SEX — Pure ANIMAL lust.
2. Sex with feeling.
3. LOVE.
No amount of the first two, combined, will ever equal the third.

Nothing in the bible support AJH's claim. That is his opinion only.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The wider picture is that there really does seem to have been a “biblical” event that took place at Sodom. Made up commentary some 4000 years later would seem to have little relevance!!!

JoChris

Superstar
The wider picture is that there really does seem to have been a “biblical” event that took place at Sodom. Made up commentary some 4000 years later would seem to have little relevance!!!

In my entry above I speculated it was volcanic eruptions (because I have seen a few large lakes thought to have been formed from extinct volcanoes e.g. Lake Barrine.)
However it actually does make sense if God sent a meteor which can cause that type of destruction too.
What is fire and brimstone?

People use the term “fire and brimstone” to conjure up a graphic image of the punishment which awaits sinners in Hell....

“Brimstone” is simply an antiquated term for sulfur, a material that is commonly associated with volcanoes. The words conjure up an image of an erupting volcano or a fiery Hell in which sinners are subjected to divine wrath.

--

You learn something new every day!