Collective Conciousness, Ai And God

Vytas

Star
Love is just one trait, for me personally it's hardest and requires most wisdom...I will never have that, im not that good at being christian...
And what about you ? Fan of E.A. Koetting by any chance?

Alanantic

Star
Maybe our "first" need is Love, then Wisdom...then the "grace of God" to provide faith that we can fulfill those needs. "Grace of God" is kind of a cliche. A Buddhist would never use it. Energy? A Wisdom/Love/Power trinity?

E.A. Koetting? I'll search it and back to ya.

Vytas

Star
Im not buying you are buddhist sorry...Maybe im wrong, i hope i am... And how you understand "Grace of God"

JoChris

Superstar
Love is just one trait, for me personally it's hardest and requires most wisdom...I will never have that, im not that good at being christian...
And what about you ? Fan of E.A. Koetting by any chance?
The ability to love increases over time. We are a work in progress.
One of the reasons God sends trials and tribulations our way, to make us work harder, to realise where we fall short and rely on Him more for strength. We can't love others as we should without Him.

Vytas

Star
The ability to love increases over time. We are a work in progress.
One of the reasons God sends trials and tribulations our way, to make us work harder, to realise where we fall short and rely on Him more for strength. We can't love others as we should without Him.
Yes, all that is true and i know and understand it...But in everyday life trying to love your enemy because you care about his soul, because real enemies are those who made him to be what he is at this point...I understand all that but i simply will never be that good, i will never let Jesus transform me to that level i was too far gone to different direction, im too flawed and i know my limits...simple as that i tried...maybe later in life...

JoChris

Superstar
Yes, all that is true and i know and understand it...But in everyday life trying to love your enemy because you care about his soul, because real enemies are those who made him to be what he is at this point...I understand all that but i simply will never be that good, i will never let Jesus transform me to that level i was too far gone to different direction, im too flawed and i know my limits...simple as that i tried...maybe later in life...
You may not realise, but the fact that knowing you fail in this area shows you have already made good progress.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+1:8-9&version=KJV
Of the second verse, you need to do the first part, and believe the second part.

I just read on the Daily Mail the following headline, and I couldn't help but wonder if the author was committing a schoolboy error of logic...

Author Dan Brown predicts AI collective consciousness will replace God...

http://dailym.ai/2yfhjUp

Can you spot it?
I've been saying this for ages

And no not...God
It's the image of the beast
A global thoughtform

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I've been saying this for ages

And no not...God
It's the image of the beast
A global thoughtform
Interesting... in a way people are finally given exactly what they wanted.

I don't believe the "wanting" creates the system, still remembering the old adage "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride", but the final practical result could well amount to the same thing...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What do we TRULY need?...if anything... God? What is it about "God" that...what...make us "Whole"? What do we lack?
Argument based on what we "need" rather than what is true is a shaky bridge.

Freud proposed that as the concept of God so accurately fills human psychological needs, that the whole concept must be regarded with suspicion.

As far as I could tell, he never made the connection that the same logic could be used to disprove the concept of parents!

Asking if we "need" God or not, as though it had any bearing on His reality, amounts to the same thing as me "needing" the fire service to exist. It does, whether I need it or not...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
According to the Daily Mail today, AI nano-machines could be injected into our brains within 20 years...

AI machines injected into our bodies could give us superhuman strength and let us control gadgets using the power of THOUGHT within 20 years

http://dailym.ai/2yoIM6h

It comes as no surprise at all to me, and ties in with quite an interesting video I watched on AI and transhumanism this morning...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
'Postbiological' alien civilisation that survives using AI could exist...

I quote the Daily Mail, not because I agree with its conclusion, but it is a good representation of what the masses are being drip fed. - My advice, should anyone care - wake up, crack open the Bible that has been sitting gathering dust and flick through to the last book!

http://dailym.ai/2yrTHhw

What really fascinates me is how closely the headlines and opinions that are emerging today resemble those C.S Lewis wrote about in "That Hideous Strength" over 70 years ago...

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I'm not afraid of A.I or a cyborg. I think that shit is cool, but I haven't been keeping up.

First of all I don't think machine can overtake man. And I don't believe in the actual apocalypse either. I believe in mini apocalypses.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm not afraid of A.I or a cyborg. I think that shit is cool, but I haven't been keeping up.

First of all I don't think machine can overtake man. And I don't believe in the actual apocalypse either. I believe in mini apocalypses.
The strange thing is I thought things might go this way years before any hint of it appeared in the news. It is pretty surreal to read the daily papers and have them set out ideas and possibilities I didn't expect to see in my lifetime...

Aero

Superstar
The strange thing is I thought things might go this way years before any hint of it appeared in the news. It is pretty surreal to read the daily papers and have them set out ideas and possibilities I didn't expect to see in my lifetime...
I can relate a lot to what you said. But I was convinced humanity was just not moving fast enough. And I still believe it isn't. Some others have brought up how death seems so unnatural and that hits home for me too. Part of me believes that death isn't to be feared, and you can't outrun death.

The other part of me wonders though. What if we can outrun death? I don't think they are close to an immortality serum. But I think they should definitely develop technologies that make us at least die in a more dignified way. I don't want to be shitting my pants in my old age. We can do better than that.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I can relate a lot to what you said. But I was convinced humanity was just not moving fast enough. And I still believe it isn't. Some others have brought up how death seems so unnatural and that hits home for me too. Part of me believes that death isn't to be feared, and you can't outrun death.

The other part of me wonders though. What if we can outrun death? I don't think they are close to an immortality serum. But I think they should definitely develop technologies that make us at least die in a more dignified way. I don't want to be shitting my pants in my old age. We can do better than that.
I used to wonder where the method of "Osiris" fitted into the jigsaw but I'm starting to wonder just how big the big picture might end up being. I guess that's why the Bible calls it "The GREAT Deception"?. I wonder, that's all...