Collective Conciousness, Ai And God

Etagloc

Superstar
An error according to whose logic?

Logical fallacies are in a way a social construction. I'm not saying they don't exist or that they're just social constructions but if I write A List of Ten Logical Fallacies by Etagloc....

even if I write pretending to be objective, the ontology of my fallacies will subtly promote my lines of thinking

and the only difference between me and say, Logic for Dummies, is that I am honest-

even if you look at Logical fallacies in Logic for Dummies or logical fallacies in Wikipedia- what is defined as a fallacy will suit the author, even in the Quran or the Bible conflicting things are denoted as fallacies (although without the word fallacy)

so what is a fallacy will be defined along the lines of the thinking of the author

but logical fallacy is still a valid concept but what is a fallacy is not self-evident but has to be proven....

because I wonder if what you consider to be a logical fallacy will be what another person considers one....

a given logical fallacy is a logical fallacy according to whose logic?

Kung Fu

Superstar
I just read on the Daily Mail the following headline, and I couldn't help but wonder if the author was committing a schoolboy error of logic...

Author Dan Brown predicts AI collective consciousness will replace God...

http://dailym.ai/2yfhjUp

Can you spot it?
Peace be upon you Red,

Truth be told atheists have been saying for a long time that the "next" big thing will replace God but yet we have more and more studies showing us that kids as little as 4 are in a way programmed at what seems to be at birth to inquire about a Creator (check out Dr. Justin Barret's work). First it was "science", then the Darwinian narrative of evolution, then computers, and now AI.

No matter what it is it won't take away belief. In fact more people today believe in a Creator than they did say 50 years ago according to the statistics.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
An error according to whose logic?

Logical fallacies are in a way a social construction. I'm not saying they don't exist or that they're just social constructions but if I write A List of Ten Logical Fallacies by Etagloc....

even if I write pretending to be objective, the ontology of my fallacies will subtly promote my lines of thinking

and the only difference between me and say, Logic for Dummies, is that I am honest-

even if you look at Logical fallacies in Logic for Dummies or logical fallacies in Wikipedia- what is defined as a fallacy will suit the author, even in the Quran or the Bible conflicting things are denoted as fallacies (although without the word fallacy)

so what is a fallacy will be defined along the lines of the thinking of the author

but logical fallacy is still a valid concept but what is a fallacy is not self-evident but has to be proven....

because I wonder if what you consider to be a logical fallacy will be what another person considers one....

a given logical fallacy is a logical fallacy according to whose logic?
Is logic subjective then, along the idea of "your truth" and "my truth"?

Etagloc

Superstar
I blame language. Logic in itself is not subjective. But language used to describe it is. So maybe that's where the subjectivity comes in. But maybe it's even prior! Maybe it comes in at the level of our consciousness of logic. There is an objective, eternal aspect to logic but direct cognizance of it is closed off to us, as the moment we became cognizant of the objective, eternal aspect of logic it would cease to be the objective, eternal aspect of logic through the act of our cognizance which would necessarily take some form determined by the predetermined patterns of our thinking and thus introduce subjectivity.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ok - what struck me was that IF God is a real, self existent (leave the triune part for now KF ;-) being, then his reality is undiminished if everyone on earth rejects him...

The premise of the article is based on the assumption of the Freudian assertion that, rather than God creating Man, Man created God.

From that assumption, a God that doesn't suit his modern sensibilities can be set aside as readily as last seasons trainers!

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I blame language. Logic in itself is not subjective. But language used to describe it is. So maybe that's where the subjectivity comes in. But maybe it's even prior! Maybe it comes in at the level of our consciousness of logic. There is an objective, eternal aspect to logic but direct cognizance of it is closed off to us, as the moment we became cognizant of the objective, eternal aspect of logic it would cease to be the objective, eternal aspect of logic through the act of our cognizance which would necessarily take some form determined by the predetermined patterns of our thinking and thus introduce subjectivity.
Can you simplify that a little, you must be brighter than me ;-)

Etagloc

Superstar
Ok - what struck me was that IF God is a real, self existent (leave the triune part for now KF ;-) being, then his reality is undeminished if everyone on earth rejects him...

The premise of the article is based on the assumption of the Freudian assertion that, rather than God creating Man, Man created God.

From that assumption, a God that doesn't suit his modern sensibilities can be set aside as readily as last seasons trainers!
I agree. I think that is a logical fallacy. God's Godhood doesn't depend on people believing in Him.

I wonder how long all this modernism stuff will continue until things begin to move in an opposite direction and religion is promoted like it should be.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What got me thinking about this question was watching a YouTube clip discussing "thought forms", "egragore" and chaos magic, and as I had had discussion with @Faker He-Man , @TMT , @Aero and others that touched on this topic, it really got me thinking...

As Pilate once said "what is truth?"

Aero

Superstar
I haven't really fleshed out all my feelings about thought forms. Because I've looked for the ancient archetypes and found them. And they have also found me. So it's real important to differentiate between conscious and unconscious. Whether you think reality changes subconsciously or not, it's a totally different state of mind.

From what I can tell, reality at the subconscious state is very fragile. Which is precisely why the military uses this type of stuff as weapons. But the applications are endless. In my eyes the human body should be able to heal itself from virtually anything. Not like an illusion either, but actually cure itself completely.

Alanantic

Star
Pff it's so good that mr Brown cares about all of us, and knows exactly what humanity needs... We don't need real God, we need fake one...Thats just great...
What do we TRULY need?...if anything... God? What is it about "God" that...what...make us "Whole"? What do we lack?

Vytas

Star
What do we TRULY need?...if anything... God? What is it about "God" that...what...make us "Whole"? What do we lack?
We need purpose, meaning, knowledge. But our needs aren't most important thing,i think living with mindset "what do i need" is harmful by itself
...We are whole in body soul and spirit, our spirit is already connected with God, ignoring that connection will make us search all life or run whole life...or like in some hard cases lie to themselves whole life...Whatever helps to fill the void...

Alanantic

Star
We need purpose, meaning, knowledge. But our needs aren't most important thing,i think living with mindset "what do i need" is harmful by itself
...We are whole in body soul and spirit, our spirit is already connected with God, ignoring that connection will make us search all life or run whole life...or like in some hard cases lie to themselves whole life...Whatever helps to fill the void...
You mentioned what we need, but that they aren't important. Our connection to God is. That's Love, right? Guess we gotta add that.