Co-founder of SA Satanic Church resigns, now believes in Christ

Jackfists

Rookie
I don't know why this is even a prolonged discussion.
It was a question, not an attack, and that was because your point wasn't clear initially.

If it were broadcasted on TV(which is watched more here than outlets such as YouTube) he may have gotten more backlash and attacks which perhaps possibly could lead him to converting. However his conversion isn't significant because very few people even knew about him when he began the satanist church.
Obviously his conversion is significant to him, and his previous followers. One person at a time.

Jackfists

Rookie
My take (for what it’s worth) is that a real encounter with Jesus changes a person. The Lord will now lead this person into deception, but it is possible that he will slide right back into it if his faith is based on feelings rather than him choosing to put down roots in the Word. I think people like this need our prayers and support, but not acquiescence to their muddled ideas as some kind of fresh revelation.

Nobody expects much from a baby, and if this guy is a Christian, he is a baby one. I posted this thread to acknowledge the guy had left the Church of Satan and to “keep an eye” on what he might say or do next.
Well said.

Karlysymon

Superstar
This was the original quote I was asking about

"But if it is truly Christ that appeared to this now ex-satanist, then there's some proving to do."

How would he prove it?
Let us take a trip back in time and imagine yourself as one of the 12 and Saul comes along to join your group. How would you prove his claims of the Road to Damascus experience?

Jackfists

Rookie
Honestly, it was a simple question not intended to create hostility. I think I've already explained it. Asking me to get into the minds of others who lived long ago doesn't answer the question, but I think I got the answer from one of the previous posters. They want to see him walk the talk. In so far as his testimony goes, it's up to the individual watching him to conclude for themselves if he was genuine or is not. For those around him, I suppose time will tell, for the rest of us, at least on the surface it appears that his experience has, in the very least, got him to turn a corner.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Honestly, it was a simple question not intended to create hostility. I think I've already explained it. Asking me to get into the minds of others who lived long ago doesn't answer the question, but I think I got the answer from one of the previous posters. They want to see him walk the talk. In so far as his testimony goes, it's up to the individual watching him to conclude for themselves if he was genuine or is not. For those around him, I suppose time will tell, for the rest of us, at least on the surface it appears that his experience has, in the very least, got him to turn a corner.
Apologies if that came off hostile. Believe me, that sentiment wasn't present as i wrote that line. Lurking answered for me but it didn't seem like her answer was satisfactory to you, which is why i thought that a small thought-exercise on your part might give you the answers you are looking for.

Jackfists

Rookie
Not saying you, but in general (and in general I mean on forums in general) there's a tendency to find something to disagree with. Also I think hostility was too strong a word and I should have used something different looking for debate, or something of that nature.

I remember a pastor once telling me that he followed the 101% principle...that he looks for the 1% that we can agree on and focus on it 100%. Great concept, even though he never really practiced it, lol. He was pretty nit picky. And no, I'm not suggesting you or anyone else in here was, it was just a memory that popped into my mind.

I think it comes down to forums being a place where most people feel free and comfortable to debate on, and so that might be the very initial inspiration to respond to someone else.

I like a good debate like anyone else too, but sometimes I'm looking to gather information and other times to find interesting topics, like this one actually.

It's just my opinion. I don't pretend to get into his mind. His facebook live looked genuine to me. I didn't assume nefarious intentions, but one can never know. If he isn't genuine, then he's at the beginning, literally the very same as when he was practicing Satanism. Somehow he's convinced me that he had a genuine experience. Now if he doesn't continue to walk the talk then there's a possibility that he could be influenced, tempted and again fall into evil. That's something we face everyday too, though probably not to the same degree as he fell into. Also it wasn't that the other posters response was unsatisfactory, it was that (at least for me) it wasn't clear initially. Probably since you know them better and how they think you can filter through the nuances a bit better and get it. I think I captured it correctly later (and in here).

Basically in summary

- his testimonial (facebook live) seemed genuine
- now he needs to continue to walk that talk

I'm ok with that.

Lyfe

Star
The tragic reality is that we live in an age of unprecedented deception. Thank God for his word and his holy spirit otherwise we would be completely lost. There are so many who profess Christ yet have fallen prey to some form of deception. Pray that God would lead and guide this man into all truth by the spirit of truth and bring him to his word and that every power of deception working against his mind would be broken in Jesus name.

Maldarker

Star
I take everyone that professes at face value...if you knew where i came from well i don't look like the guy but evil come in like an angel of light not? So that being said outwards he might be scary inward be might be exactly what GOD is lookin for a repentant heart we can't see what GOD does.

Now on a common sense answer i wouldn't trust him to babysit etc until i knew the individual personal like.

Jackfists

Rookie
The tragic reality is that we live in an age of unprecedented deception. Thank God for his word and his holy spirit otherwise we would be completely lost. There are so many who profess Christ yet have fallen prey to some form of deception. Pray that God would lead and guide this man into all truth by the spirit of truth and bring him to his word and that every power of deception working against his mind would be broken in Jesus name.
This is so true. The other day I was listening to a Christian talk show and the radio host made the point of bringing the listeners attention to how the Cross is used in so man TV and Hollywood movies. Now, we all know how much programming happens in those movies and how much is subliminal or under our conscious awareness. He has made it a point to observe for this phenomenon and this is what he has to say; whenever a cross is in obscure view in so many of these shows, there is often a negative moment occuring that elicits emotions of distrust and often very contradictory feelings. Without even knowing it the cross is being associated with these feelings.

Have you ever run across someone who just hates the cross and all that it stands for without even knowing why.

Be as wise as serpents, gentle as doves...unless of course a serpent is trying to punch you in the face :D

Lyfe

Star
This is so true. The other day I was listening to a Christian talk show and the radio host made the point of bringing the listeners attention to how the Cross is used in so man TV and Hollywood movies. Now, we all know how much programming happens in those movies and how much is subliminal or under our conscious awareness. He has made it a point to observe for this phenomenon and this is what he has to say; whenever a cross is in obscure view in so many of these shows, there is often a negative moment occuring that elicits emotions of distrust and often very contradictory feelings. Without even knowing it the cross is being associated with these feelings.

Have you ever run across someone who just hates the cross and all that it stands for without even knowing why.

Be as wise as serpents, gentle as doves...unless of course a serpent is trying to punch you in the face :D
Many people I talk to contend that Christianity and religion has been used for so much evil in this world. Its as if this talking point has been embedded into them. They are just simply repeating whats been beaten into their head by the luciferian media empire and CNN,MSNBC(modern day house of Baal). Its all part of the psychological operation to destroy Christianity and implement a new foundation of progressive self destructive ideas. The word of God calls these ideals doctrines of demons.

Maldarker

Star
Many people I talk to contend that Christianity and religion has been used for so much evil in this world. Its as if this talking point has been embedded into them. They are just simply repeating whats been beaten into their head by the luciferian media empire and CNN,MSNBC(modern day house of Baal). Its all part of the psychological operation to destroy Christianity and implement a new foundation of progressive self destructive ideas. The word of God calls these ideals doctrines of demons.
Actually religion has been used for evil....thats the problem religion is a man made construct...follow GOD not the practices that men make

Jackfists

Rookie
Those same people run from the discussion when reminded that, say in the case of Natives in America, that many of them were killing each other off prior to any Europeans landing. That's not an excuse for any atrocities comitted against anyone, although it is a fact. Another fact they shy away from was the Christian holocaust in the Soviet Union that killed an estimate 15-25million people. Similarly in Cuba, China and other places that have gone communist. There's also the case of Christians being executed in countries run on Sharia Law. So the atrocities were not one sided. Finally, those who commit those crimes in the name of Christianity aren't really Christians following the Christian commandments, especially the two greatest ones given to them by Jesus, were they?

These are all facts that these types will change goal posts in an argument away from.

Jackfists

Rookie
Actually religion has been used for evil....thats the problem religion is a man made construct...follow GOD not the practices that men make
I call it crimes committed in the name of ________ said religion. As I pointed out in my last post, however, if they were really following what was commanded of them by Jesus they couldn't do those things, except for in the case of self defense.

Maldarker

Star
I call it crimes committed in the name of ________ said religion. As I pointed out in my last post, however, if they were really following what was commanded of them by Jesus they couldn't do those things, except for in the case of self defense.
Agreed! but that is where people are sheeple they let others tell them this and that and it means this or that so sayeth etc etc so do they really just want the feel good triblism of the "religion" or do they actually want a relationship with the ONE that SAVEs idk about you i would go with the relationship myself.

Jackfists

Rookie
I always present them with the facts in my last post. I remind them that atheist/communism is responsible for more deaths than those comitted in the names of all religions combined. I remind them that in the former's case (atheism/communism) they were at least following the dictates of their belief system, while those done in the name of religion, hardly were (in the case of Christianity even going directly against them). I remind them that Christians were being persecuted and murdered for 300+ years after Christ, that native tribes in North and South America regularly killed each other, some were even cannibals.

Like you said, they turn off and just walk away most of the time. Not a lot of people who, already, don't do much thinking for themselves can process all that information as it directly challenges their beliefs and when that happens the typical response is to Cntrl-Alt-Delete for those being challenged.

At least you brought them the truth, as in the case of the Gospel, and that might be all you were supposed to do...plant a seed. God might use other sources to bring them back to truth, so just say what you (hypothetical you, me, them) have to say nicely and kindly, then ignore any vitriol if there is any. It is what it is.

Lyfe

Star
I always present them with the facts in my last post. I remind them that atheist/communism is responsible for more deaths than those comitted in the names of all religions combined. I remind them that in the former's case (atheism/communism) they were at least following the dictates of their belief system, while those done in the name of religion, hardly were (in the case of Christianity even going directly against them). I remind them that Christians were being persecuted and murdered for 300+ years after Christ, that native tribes in North and South America regularly killed each other, some were even cannibals.

Like you said, they turn off and just walk away most of the time. Not a lot of people who, already, don't do much thinking for themselves can process all that information as it directly challenges their beliefs and when that happens the typical response is to Cntrl-Alt-Delete for those being challenged.

At least you brought them the truth, as in the case of the Gospel, and that might be all you were supposed to do...plant a seed. God might use other sources to bring them back to truth, so just say what you (hypothetical you, me, them) have to say nicely and kindly, then ignore any vitriol if there is any. It is what it is.
Thats exactly right. The Bible says that they are "darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart." Ephesians 4:18

Their hearts have been hardened by the deceitfulness of sin and they suppress the truth of God in their unrighteousness. Pauls letter to Timothy also says they have fallen into snare of the evil one and have been taken captive to do his will. They need to come to their senses and only the spirit of God can illuminate and give these darkened souls a revelation of their sinfulness and need for Christ. We live in such a darkness that human reason and apolagetics dont work. Only the power of God can deliver and enlighten these people by the holy spirit.

Maldarker

Star
Thats exactly right. The Bible says that they are "darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart." Ephesians 4:18

Their hearts have been hardened by the deceitfulness of sin and they suppress the truth of God in their unrighteousness. Pauls letter to Timothy also says they have fallen into snare of the evil one and have been taken captive to do his will. They need to come to their senses and only the spirit of God can illuminate and give these darkened souls a revelation of their sinfulness and need for Christ. We live in such a darkness that human reason and apolagetics dont work. Only the power of God can deliver and enlighten these people by the holy spirit.
Common sense isnt so common anymore