Co-founder of disturbing youtube channels targetted to children arrested for child molestation

Undertaker

Established
Related to https://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/something-is-terribly-wrong-with-many-kids-videos-on-youtube/

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/24/17896110/youtube-sevenawesomekids-ian-rylett-molestation

Ian Rylett, the 55-year-old British co-founder of the mega-popular YouTube empire SevenAwesomeKids, was arrested in Florida in August, BuzzFeed News reported today. All of the company’s channels, however, are still up: SevenAwesomeKids, SevenSuperGirls, SevenPerfectAngels, SevenFabulousTeens, SevenCoolTweens, SevenFuntasticGirls, and SevenTwinklingTweens. It appears that none of the channels have posted a new video in the month since Rylett’s arrest. Together, the channels have more than 17 million subscribers and have amassed billions of views; each features a rotating cast of more than 20 girls, all between eight and 18 years old. Details of the charges, per BuzzFeed:

According to an arrest warrant obtained by BuzzFeed News, detectives were called to Rylett’s Orange County hotel room on the morning of Aug. 16, after Rylett allegedly verbally abused the girl, demanding she undress in front of him against her will and “practice wrapping her breasts down, to make them appear smaller for the video shoot.” According to the report, the girl, who is under 16, claims Rylett touched her breasts and fondled her while repeatedly making her undress, eventually attempting to forcefully remove her underwear. The arrest report also alleges that Rylett “threatened to use the contract to fine her if she did not comply with his demand.” Rylett pleaded not guilty to the charges at an arraignment last month. He has surrendered his passport and will stand trial later this year. Rylett’s lawyer did not respond to requests for comment.​
“We take safety on YouTube very seriously,” reads a statement from YouTube in the BuzzFeed report that was reiterated to The Verge via a spokesperson. “We work closely with leading child safety organizations and others in our industry to protect young people. When we’re made aware of serious allegations of this nature we take action, which may include suspending monetization, or, upon conclusion of an investigation, terminating channels.”

YouTube also confirms to The Verge that the SevenAwesomeKids channels were demonetized shortly after Rylett’s arrest, though it has reportedly not contacted any of the performers following the incident.

What “demonetization” means in this context is tricky: When a channel is demonetized, its ads, which are typically paid for upfront by advertisers, are shuffled away from the flagged channel to another one with similar numbers of subscribers. In other words, the channel owner might not be getting paid, but YouTube, inevitably, is.

Rylett’s “creepy” behavior — which involved asking his performers to take swimsuit photos, making jokes about “wardrobe malfunctions,” and manipulating their incomes — made the young women and girls working for him feel uncomfortable. “Then some of us started to get the feeling we were being groomed for some darker audience,” one former performer told BuzzFeed.

YouTube has come under fire over the last few years for its lack of sufficient policies around the children’s content it hosts. Last year, YouTube provoked a public outcry for hosting videos that depicted dark, twisted content aimed specifically at children; in the days following several damning reports, dozens of these videos, representing billions of views, were deleted.

The SevenAwesomeKids channels feature similarly disturbing content, which was pointed out last year by the comedian Daniel Tosh on his Comedy Central show, Tosh.0. “I’ll level with you — I may have stumbled across something dark here,” he said at the beginning of the segment. “Who’s watching all of these videos of little girls in bathing suits and taped up to beds?”

This isn’t the first time the creators of children’s videos like this have been accused of criminal behavior. Last year, the YouTube channel DaddyOFive, which at the time had 750,000 subscribers, was terminated after users revolted at the contents of their videos, which depicted “pranks” that two parents would play on their five children that appeared to be child abuse. After the outcry, two of the children involved in the video were taken from the DaddyOFive household and placed with their birth mother; the parents eventually pleaded guilty to charges of child neglect and were sentenced to five years of probation. Less than a month after the parents were sentenced, they had rebranded with a new channel, FamilyOFive, and continued posting prank videos with their children. YouTube eventually terminated that channel as well, but only after their videos had racked up nearly 200 million views.

In cases like Rylett’s, YouTube terminates channels when allegations are substantiated by a guilty plea or a conviction. Rylett will stand trial later this year.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
VERY important news! Youtube, facebook & twitter represent the 3 largest social networking platforms on the internet and ALL of them have been exposed as to intentionally allowing and promoting this kind of content and MUCH worse. All while of course profiting off of it.
Here Ed Opperman reports on just such a situation, skip to the 1:36:54 for his segment on something so horrible but true I wont type it out here...

polymoog

Superstar
so.... alex jones gets booted off of youtube for "hate speech", but channels reeking of p***philia stay up.

brilliant work by youtube.

Violette

Star
^ I didn’t really understand that either. Alex Jones is annoying sure but there’s SO many inappropriate YT videos and channels that target children and get tens of millions of views it’s so disturbing. In the mornings before the rest of the teachers arrive the kids like getting on their tablets (literally all of them have their own it’s crazy) They’re always on YT because they don’t really know how to play games or read quite yet it’s easier to watch videos. So I monitor them and I’ve seen some really disturbing videos. One was a pony from my little pony being dismembered! There were several other related videos that all looked really scary and they had lots of videos, I couldn’t believe someone took the time to make something that disgustingly. There was another video with peppa the pig and they made her look really evil and scary. They’re just taking characters they know kids will recognize then do something fucked up or just simply inappropriate. This has been going on forever though. I remember my days on YT in middle school a decade ago (that makes me feel old) I stumbled across this really weird video that I remember having Russian words but the video was of sleeping children, something about the way it was recorded and everything gave me such a creepy vibe.

Well I think it’s a mistake to dismiss Jones as just annoying is a huge mistake and underestimates his influence and his followers. I spent two weeks this summer drinking on the side of a mountain in Wyoming with a die hard Jones supporter, they are just waiting for a chance to act and believe me they are armed.

That said I totally believe what you have seen on YT and it should be taken down, if it gets enough attention and can cost them money they’ll take it down, ultimately that’s the only interest YT operates for.

free2018

Star
Well I think it’s a mistake to dismiss Jones as just annoying is a huge mistake and underestimates his influence and his followers. I spent two weeks this summer drinking on the side of a mountain in Wyoming with a die hard Jones supporter, they are just waiting for a chance to act and believe me they are armed.

That said I totally believe what you have seen on YT and it should be taken down, if it gets enough attention and can cost them money they’ll take it down, ultimately that’s the only interest YT operates for.
I know some of his followers and some of them follow everybody.
They know his failings better than we do.

free2018

Star
While Rylett awaits trial, may he enjoy discussing his satanic "orientation" and joys he gets from hurting children with the hardened killers and armed robbers of all gangs who are often fathers.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Its telling that threads on here which offer almost nothing other than chances to argue with each other are busy with activity while important ones such as one this fall silent.

polymoog

Superstar
Its telling that threads on here which offer almost nothing other than chances to argue with each other are busy with activity while important ones such as one this fall silent.
....says the guy who is getting completely worked up on the trump thread.

most of us can discuss more than one thread at at time.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
....says the guy who is getting completely worked up on the trump thread.

most of us can discuss more than one thread at at time.
Way to show up whining about an unrelated topic. I see there is no subject so serious as to get you and your cadre of crumbs to set aside your own delicate sensibilities and focus on an issue much more serious than if your latte had the right amount of soy in it. So selfish. You followed me here to mewl instead of discuss this subject?!

You are now actively attempting to distract from the subject in a thread regarding online child abuse and worse..... congrats, you suck as a poster and a human being at this moment in time.

Vixy

Star
VERY important news! Youtube, facebook & twitter represent the 3 largest social networking platforms on the internet and ALL of them have been exposed as to intentionally allowing and promoting this kind of content and MUCH worse. All while of course profiting off of it.
Here Ed Opperman reports on just such a situation, skip to the 1:36:54 for his segment on something so horrible but true I wont type it out here...
1:41 in, I'd say.

Thats..thats..death isnt enough for them anymore, the torture is beyond death, they now are showing the dead how they still can torture them. I can take alot, but that was a bit rough. Especially since I imagined the kid with black eyes before that. These people are beyond evil. This is evil on a level where a simple human couldnt think it up, this is demonic.

Vixy

Star
Loved your post and completely agree with you! Its just like in society: petty things get attention while the iMPORTANT things get showed under the rug. Fucking sickening. I've been saying this for years but noone cares.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Loved your post and completely agree with you! Its just like in society: petty things get attention while the iMPORTANT things get showed under the rug. Fucking sickening. I've been saying this for years but noone cares.
I care. You and I are very different on many issues.... but at the core we are united about what is right and wrong and how to deal with these situations. It does not bother me that you may be from a different religious or political background than mine.... what counts to me is the willingness to stand up for whats right. You take that stand seriously and I respect you for it.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
1:41 in, I'd say.

Thats..thats..death isnt enough for them anymore, the torture is beyond death, they now are showing the dead how they still can torture them. I can take alot, but that was a bit rough. Especially since I imagined the kid with black eyes before that. These people are beyond evil. This is evil on a level where a simple human couldnt think it up, this is demonic.
I know.... I investigated this enough to know what was contained in the video, but I do not have the stomach to watch it. I saw the image of the little boy, his eyes so blackened and such a lost, scared look on his face. But the only thing I can take solace in here is that his suffering has ended and in his state of youthful innocence, heaven is assured for him. This is one of the reasons why I am so disgusted with some fo the Trump supporters on here.... they know full well that the immigrant children were stolen on purpose, and I think they also fully realize that some, if not many, of the stolen children suffer fates similar to this one.

Dont ever let these people get you to stop using your voice Vixy, stand tall and firm.

Vixy

Star
I know.... I investigated this enough to know what was contained in the video, but I do not have the stomach to watch it. I saw the image of the little boy, his eyes so blackened and such a lost, scared look on his face. But the only thing I can take solace in here is that his suffering has ended and in his state of youthful innocence, heaven is assured for him. This is one of the reasons why I am so disgusted with some fo the Trump supporters on here.... they know full well that the immigrant children were stolen on purpose, and I think they also fully realize that some, if not many, of the stolen children suffer fates similar to this one.

Dont ever let these people get you to stop using your voice Vixy, stand tall and firm.
This is very interesting.. Dont kill me now but I'm a Trump liker and thought he could make a diference. In the end I guess we'll see if he was with them or not. As far there are no proofs that he is one of them.

However these immigrant children..Things are happening in Sweden aswell with the young immigrant boys. Theyre being used for sexual purposes by old swedish unattractive middleaged men and women. Its disguisting. Another reason to be against the immigration, it really is good for NOONE. But to see how low my own country men and women stoop..to use a person in that situation is fascism at its finest. Fukn disguisting. You know, some women are even for the imigration for this reason only, to use them sexually and the extreme left knows about this but tells those who wants to go public and report it to the police to shut up since that would be playing the racists in the hands.

The world is upside down, my friend..Upside down.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is very interesting.. Dont kill me now but I'm a Trump liker and thought he could make a diference. In the end I guess we'll see if he was with them or not. As far there are no proofs that he is one of them.

However these immigrant children..Things are happening in Sweden aswell with the young immigrant boys. Theyre being used for sexual purposes by old swedish unattractive middleaged men and women. Its disguisting. Another reason to be against the immigration, it really is good for NOONE. But to see how low my own country men and women stoop..to use a person in that situation is fascism at its finest. Fukn disguisting. You know, some women are even for the imigration for this reason only, to use them sexually and the extreme left knows about this but tells those who wants to go public and report it to the police to shut up since that would be playing the racists in the hands.

The world is upside down, my friend..Upside down.
Nah, I dont think you are like the other people I mentioned. They seem to take delight in mocking the situation, whereas you and I just want it to cease. Im really glad you also shared about the darkside of the immigration issue from the European side as well because life is usually a two-way street..... taking two to tango and all of that. You have the heart to speak the truth and I support your voice.

Vixy

Star
Nah, I dont think you are like the other people I mentioned. They seem to take delight in mocking the situation, whereas you and I just want it to cease. Im really glad you also shared about the darkside of the immigration issue from the European side as well because life is usually a two-way street..... taking two to tango and all of that. You have the heart to speak the truth and I support your voice.
I had a friend that was from Afghanistan. He was 16 when we met and is now 18. I met him through my gay friend (a guy) who came dragging with him one night. The afghan boy and I became friends and he told me some things about my friend such as he had offered him his own room in his apartment against that he slept with him and shared foursomes with him.

My friend was 40+ and this kid fukn 16. Okay my friend was mentally ill but still.. I cut all tires to that "friend". Fukn disguisting to use someone in that horrible of a position. His entire family had dissapeared and he was truly alone in a new country. Its like kicking someone thats down. You just DON'T.

So thats another reason to be against the immigration. It seems to bring out our worst..

Vixy

Star
I derailed a bit aswell by keeping it going. Didnt think about it. I'm sorry, VC. :rolleyes: