Clowns are not real

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I remember reading a long essay years ago on why clowns are not real, there are only people dressed up as clowns. There was a long paragraph further detailing this tought.

I can't remember very well the reasons the author gave, but they made a lot of sense and I can't seem to find the original text as well, but I do find a random post here and there on these lines "everyone knows that clowns are not real!"

So, has any of you guys heard about this before? The essayist main point was that clowns are not real, people are just dressing up as clown. There are only clown costumes, but you can't find a *real* clown. For example, there is a doctor and his coat, his tools and so on, and you can spot a doctor in the wild, but not a clown.

You see a clown in a circus, it's just a guy in a clown costume, it's not a *real* clown. As in contrast to the clown craze back in 2015, they were supossed to be *real clowns*, albeit evil clowns, but they were the closest thing we had to real clowns (even tough they were just people dressed up as clowns as well).

any thoughts?

I remember reading a long essay years ago on why clowns are not real, there are only people dressed up as clowns. There was a long paragraph further detailing this tought.

I can't remember very well the reasons the author gave, but they made a lot of sense and I can't seem to find the original text as well, but I do find a random post here and there on these lines "everyone knows that clowns are not real!"

So, has any of you guys heard about this before? The essayist main point was that clowns are not real, people are just dressing up as clown. There are only clown costumes, but you can't find a *real* clown. For example, there is a doctor and his coat, his tools and so on, and you can spot a doctor in the wild, but not a clown.

You see a clown in a circus, it's just a guy in a clown costume, it's not a *real* clown. As in contrast to the clown craze back in 2015, they were supossed to be *real clowns*, albeit evil clowns, but they were the closest thing we had to real clowns (even tough they were just people dressed up as clowns as well).

any thoughts?
What about the Insane Clown Posse?

I would think a person who went thru clown college is as much of a clown as a person who went thru med school is a doctor.

If clowns aren't real does that mean clown world's not real either...?

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
•*•​
I remember reading a long essay years ago on why clowns are not real... there are only people dressed up as clowns... There are only clown costumes, but you can't find a *real* clown.
I'm not familiar with the essay.
Tbh, I wonder what constitutes a "real" clown.

Anywho... the flipside of this Clown topic has been (imo) kind of popular, lately.

Clowns as demons, that is (all very woo-woo) --> mostly based on how far back the imitation of the "look" has been recorded. It goes way back.

Disclaimer: Admittedly, this is kind of a trainwreck topic-- it is difficult not to look.

And it's strange... not going lie; but it isn't completely absurd, either. There are tribes who have imitated "clowns" for... perhaps centuries? The Pueblo, the Ainu, the Hopi...
I guess it's like civilizations who would try to imitate "the gods" by cradle boarding, putting rings around the neck or even burning marks into their faces.

One tribe would permanently tattoo the women's faces-- I smh at this unattractive practice (see second video -> spoiler).

Take it with a grain of salt and judge for yourself. :)

•*•​
Clowns as demons, that is (all very woo-woo) --> mostly based on how far back the imitation of the "look" has been recorded. It goes way back.

Disclaimer: Admittedly, this is kind of a trainwreck topic-- it is difficult not to look.

And it's strange... not going lie; but it isn't completely absurd, either. There are tribes who have imitated "clowns" for... perhaps centuries? The Pueblo, the Ainu, the Hopi...
I guess it's like civilizations who would try to imitate "the gods" by cradle boarding, putting rings around the neck or even burning marks into their faces.

One tribe would permanently tattoo the women's faces-- I smh at this unattractive practice (see second video -> spoiler).

Take it with a grain of salt and judge for yourself. :)

I got to thinking about this clowns=demons concept and i think it gives a whole new sinister meaning to the whole "clown world" meme thing.

So when i first heard the term "clown world" it was related to memes showing the ridiculous aspects of today's world. It was not a compliment, obviously, but had an almost humorous connotation. Kind of like "yeah, thats absurd" lets laugh, since after all supposedly clowns make people laugh.

But if we take clowns to be demons, rather than entertainers (even though arent both things one and the same in a way?), then "clown world" would be more accurately defined as "demonic world". I wonder if anyone out there has thought of it that way?

clambot

Veteran
Depends on how one defines a "clown". Clowns are not a new nor an American phenomenon.

Clowns have been with us since at least the Greek playwrights and certainly earlier.

They are featured characters in Shakespeare. Pagliacci, anyone?

They are not just your Barnum & Bailey comics.

If you want to find a man with an actual red bulbous nose, look no farther than WC Fields. A clown, indeed.

If you want outlandish hair, watch Larry Fine. Together, the Stooges were clowns both on and off the stage.

Samuel Clemens was an erudite clown. Dick van Dyke is still with us and still the clown.

As someone else put it: look no further than your political theatre (local or national) and you'll find plenty. Of course, change your definition and you cannot find any "real" clowns. But in common usage: they abound.

How come Bozo is getting no respect? To tell the truth I can't remember if he was real or just a cartoon. What about Howdy Doody?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I wrote something here before but the browser messed up, I lost it all and now i'll write again.

First thing to consider: let us assume that the politicians aren't the real clowns here

As far as I know, the modern concept of clown came somewhere in these lines: it was a drunk sad person, the white skin was due to cheap beer foam, the red nose was due constant falls due to intoxication and the oversized shoes and clothing was due to him getting whatever rag he could find. In this way, any modern whitefaced clown is an imitation of this character. In a sense, there is no "clown", just an actor playing a clown character.

As for the various examples @clambot gave, there's a difference between comedian, jester, trickster, many others and a clown. This is further evidenced by the fact that every "clown" outta there actually is a different being that the actor playing it, every clown has a signature face paint and a name, that's why Bozo is the same clown being played by various actors, but you can't find the real Bozo (well... no political jokes here).

I don't believe that clowns are demonic or whatever, but they do feel like a simulacrum (an copy of an copy, or an copy from an original which was lost) or an archetype from wich the actor channels it as much like the old shamans of yore.

Just to illustrate the concept of a man dressed as a thing, i'll call in Lester, the-guy-in-a-rat-suit:
1673635346145.png
The whole character concept was that he wasn't a lab rat, he was a guy dressed as a lab rat. Same with clowns, they only exist in the physical realm when they are "made alive" by someone.

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
Depends on how one defines a "clown". Clowns are not a new nor an American phenomenon.

Clowns have been with us since at least the Greek playwrights and certainly earlier.

They are featured characters in Shakespeare. Pagliacci, anyone?

They are not just your Barnum & Bailey comics.

If you want to find a man with an actual red bulbous nose, look no farther than WC Fields. A clown, indeed.

If you want outlandish hair, watch Larry Fine. Together, the Stooges were clowns both on and off the stage.

Samuel Clemens was an erudite clown. Dick van Dyke is still with us and i the clown.

As someone else put it: look no further than your political theatre (local or national) and you'll find plenty. Of course, change your definition and you cannot find any "real" clowns. But in common usage: they abound.
WC Fields was famous for being (just a bit of) a sot, wasn't he.

According to Des MacHale (Curator of Wit!), Fields said he could never drink water because of what the fish do in it! *
* I believe an expletive belongs in there, somewhere - but I can't remember where... : /

If he was known for anything else remarkable, I'm not aware of it.
:)

BONUS ... I just saw this. :D

I found this blog that has a bunch of articles exploring the clowns are nephilim theory

From the comments section of one of the articles
Back in the early 90s a mysterious figure began appearing on Native American Indian reservations in Arizona. People that would go out into the deserts or forests to drink and party began reporting that they incountered a strange man carrying a rumpled paper sack. If they were drinking he would become happy and encourage them to party on then reach into his sack and bring out more alcohol and give it to them. If they weren’t drinking he would bring out of the bag money and tell them to use it to buy alcohol or drugs. This lone figure would walk out of the night and just suddenly be there.

Word of mouth attached the name “The Joker” to him because people said he wore a hooded jacket and his face was hidden in shadow. Those that did catch a glimpse of his face claimed he wore a Joker mask. His fame spread and sometimes reservation radio stations would receive tips on what areas he could be found on certain nights.

There is one story of two young men that were walking home from partying and met this person on a highway. He gave them a bottle of alcohol and one of them rushed the other away and said they needed to leave, fast. After walking a certain distance the one that drank from the bottle asked why he wanted to leave. The other said, “I wouldn’t keep drinking from that bottle if I were you.” The other asked why not and his friend said “Didn’t you see the guys feet?? He had no shoes. His feet were HOOVES!!”. The other threw the bottle away and forced himself to vomit and they ran home. The one that drank from the bottle died a few days afterward. Reservation churches began warning people about this person and prayer meetings began to be held and prayers rebuking this thing began to be held. By the late 90s Joker sightings in rural Indian communities Arizona had all but disappeared and he was never seen again. That is until the mid 2000s when people began reporting clown sightings across America.
The Red Rocks area of Sedona, AZ is a huge draw for paranormal enthusiasts, self help gurus, new agers, hippies and UFO hunters. Its the place the Harmonic Convergence came out of. Many of these types claim its a spiritual hot spot and its even been referred to a few times in the long running series “Supernatural”. A little known fact about the March 13, 1997 “Phoenix Lights” incident is that the large shadowy object was seen in the central and northern Indian reservations of the state a few days prior to the 13th. The “Joker” individual was at peak activity during this time. Pentecostal reservation churches were recieving word of heavy paranormal activity in Indian Country. People would go to Indian pastors and church leaders requesting prayer due to strange animal and creature sightings and encounters. In the early 2000s one tribal nation even went so far as to contact an online paranormal research organization requesting they conduct a quiet, unofficial preliminary investigation.
There was trouble after word got out to state media which caused a brief media circus and the tribe chose to stop persuing the matter publically but it does seem many tibal members and officials had stories they wanted to tell someone.
I forgot to add that at this time in the 90s southern AZ reservations were experiencing heavy Satanic ritual activity. Groups of non-Indians were going into the remote rural areas of reservation deserts and performing rituals there. U.S. Border Patrol agents began happening upon robed groups of individuals performing animal sacrifices. Reservations saw a rise in cult activity among their youth at that time.
The article that the comments are from is an interesting read as well

Lots more info/connections in the article, too many for me to quote all
I think everything can be summed up with just using the new IT logo. It is the spiritual window/portal that is being opened through this symbolism of clowns/Nephilim to bring chaos and judgement

Let me say this first. There is more to this whole clown thing. Its just not by happen stance that clowns have gained popularity again in the last few years. Not only are they seen in movies but they have been seen across the country. You can Google “clown sightings” and see exactly what I’m talking about. There is a spiritual aspect to all of this happening and with the release of It and AHS:Cult within a week apart, it isn’t a coincidence. I believe a lot of this is symbolic of what these occultists to want to happen. By that I mean, this false sign of Rev 12 is connected to all of this. I believe its a spiritual birthing taking place in September and not so much physical.

My opinion is that this is a release of an ancient Nephilim Antichrist spirit. You may ask why just America. Well I think once America falls spiritually and physically, everyone else will follow. They then can follow the leader. And I also believe that because American Christianity has given itself over to this new golden calf (the false sign of Rev 12) and decided to worship Jupiter Serapis instead of the real Messiah Jesus, this is what America gets. America is being given over to this ancient Nephilim spirit that is Antichrist in nature. There are those that believe, as myself, that Nimrod and Osiris were Nephilim (giants born from women who mingled with Angelic beings). They also believe that Nimrod was a type if not a prototype of the coming Antichrist. You put these two things together and you have an ancient Nephilim Antichrist spirit.

So what does this have to do with Pennywise the Dancing Clown from the movie IT? Everything. I recently came across some research that connects Nephilim to clowns and this research believes that clowns actually represent and looked like Nephilim. It’s very plausible but I’m still sifting through a few things. Now as far as Pennywise is concerned, he has a giant head, potrayed as above average in height, the red lips representing blood, the horns painted on his face that go from his mouth to above his eyes and the horn motif of his hair.

The movie is set in Derry, Maine.... One point he made was the name Derry. He makes a word connection to Dairy as in Milk which leads some to drop the vowel via Hebrew and then you come to MLK. That is the spelling in Hebrew for Molech and Melech. Moloch was the false god represented as a bull who “ate children”. Technically the people would take their children and sacrifice them to Molech by throwing them into his belly or arms which was a firey furnace. This would obviously kill them in this ritual.

I could go on and on but I doubt any of us has the time for all of that. There is so much here that I couldn’t possible touch on everything. Besides, it would turn into a book on exposing IT. So in my opinion from what I’ve talked about, this movie represents that ancient spirit prior to the flood. Is it Satan or a representation of Baal himself or an ancient Nephilim spirit? I am not for sure but I do know its a child eating blood thirsty demonic entity and Stephen King knows exactly what he’s doing. He is trying to release this ancient spirit in the form of a clown to get people ready and acclimated for what’s coming. I think everything can be summed up with just using the new IT logo. It is the spiritual window/portal that is being opened through this symbolism of clowns/Nephilim to bring chaos and judgement. I think everything can be summed up with just using the new IT logo. It is the spiritual window/portal that is being opened through this symbolism of clowns/Nephilim to bring chaos and judgement.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
About one year after my first inquiry, I come to declare that I was wrong! Clowns are real.

If there is a clown costume then it is ought to be a real clown. It turns out that real clowns are just sad drunkards.

I've came to realize this after calling some acquaitances a clown in so, so many occasions.

Next up: if the suffix -ito means 'tiny' in spanish and portuguese, then the existence of the mosquito implies the existence of his large cousin, EL MOSCO.

1704896810939.png