Climate Change

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Last edited:
This info from the Inuit people is rehashed from several years ago, but seems to be making the rounds again. I came across this recent article yesterday. I wonder if anyone will pay any attention this time. It was around 7 or 8 years ago when I became aware of this concept, then after searching around on the web to find out if anyone else was also aware, I ended up finding this video about the observations of the Inuit people. http://ewao.com/2017/08/02/earth-has-shifted-inuit-elders-issue-warning-to-nasa-and-the-world-video/

polymoog

Superstar
This info from the Inuit people is rehashed from several years ago, but seems to be making the rounds again. I came across this recent article yesterday. I wonder if anyone will pay any attention this time. It was around 7 or 8 years ago when I became aware of this concept, then after searching around on the web to find out if anyone else was also aware, I ended up finding this video about the observations of the Inuit people. http://ewao.com/2017/08/02/earth-has-shifted-inuit-elders-issue-warning-to-nasa-and-the-world-video/
lets say that the inuit are seeing a definite change. why then havent any amateur astronomers said anything? no university astronomy professors havent seen anything around the globe, either? they must see the star positions change like the inuit. im sure its easy to compare what one sees now to star maps of the recent past.
i am very skeptical of what they say.

Leviathan

Established
The weather has been very strange the past couple years. First of all, the past 2 winters it's been an average of about 60 or 70 degrees Fahrenheit outside. There hasn't been much snow at all. It seems more like Spring weather than winter. It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it feels like it should be April outside.

And now yesterday it was about 70 degrees here. I'm not exactly complaining because I don't like intense heat, but it should not be this cool in August. Usually it's anywhere from 80-100 degrees. And some of the leaves are changing color already. I wish we'd have normal seasons when they're supposed to happen.

Lurker

Star
It would help if the media wasn't lying all the time. A while back, a local paper claimed that June had the most rain for any month since the 1880s. We did have a shit-ton of rain and it was during the rainy season; so ok, believable. Later, another paper claimed that June and July broke rainfall records. Both can't be true. Keep in mind that I consider both papers to be liberal rags, but at least one pretends to be objective.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Devine

Star
eh. .gov and facts don't belong same sentence.
and the freaking lightbulbs, what about the mercury?? ocean already quite polluted with that

mecca

Superstar
eh. .gov and facts don't belong same sentence.
It's evidence that scientists collected.
and the freaking lightbulbs, what about the mercury?? ocean already quite polluted with that
Why not care about both? Getting efficient and environmentally friendly light bulbs is a small step that anyone can take right now to improve the environment. Big problems should also be addressed but they are way more complex to solve.

Devine

Star
scientists and their "evidence" get bought and sold every day i could show you a ton of examples of that!
i am suggesting that the light bulbs, while using less energy, are FAR worse for the environment and the ocean in particular. do yknow how toxic mercury is?
like my local electric company already offers totally "green" energy for a surcharge you can pay extra so that your power comes only from wind and solar. of course using less energy is a great idea. but to BAN the other kinds of light bulbs? seems rash. does anyone know of anyone who is disposing of CFL's properly? i don't. not to mention that the new type of bulbs create a light that has all sorts of shitty effects on the brain.
and I hear ZERO talk of reducing energy usage in any other capacity, as everyone is busy adding more and more ways to use more electrical devices in their daily lives.
to me, it's a conspiracy. convenient too that mercury is another neuro toxin that wrecks the brain. more chemicals, more zombies