Chromatica

I still don't know why so many conspiracy theorists are against transhumanism.

There's certainly elements of it that can and will be negative. It will widen the gap between the rich and the poor and there's a lot of circumstances where where the technology can be used the violate bodily autonomy. That doesn't even touch on the subject of potential killswitches. But the concept? It could do a lot of good.

Your father's heart failed? Replace it with a machine heart that's healthier that his original ever was. Your sister was born blind? Attach cybernetics to allow her to see (we're already doing that in some cases). Even for the cosmetic stuff... Why should we care if Johnny Guitar replaces his hands so be can play the guitar faster?

The issues are never the issues people actually seem to have, IMO.

Sunshine

Established
I still don't know why so many conspiracy theorists are against transhumanism.

There's certainly elements of it that can and will be negative. It will widen the gap between the rich and the poor and there's a lot of circumstances where where the technology can be used the violate bodily autonomy. That doesn't even touch on the subject of potential killswitches. But the concept? It could do a lot of good.

Your father's heart failed? Replace it with a machine heart that's healthier that his original ever was. Your sister was born blind? Attach cybernetics to allow her to see (we're already doing that in some cases). Even for the cosmetic stuff... Why should we care if Johnny Guitar replaces his hands so be can play the guitar faster?

The issues are never the issues people actually seem to have, IMO.
There is a big difference between installing a single contruct, such as an artificial heart, and merging the human body with cybernetics. A heart, a bionic hand or leg, even eyes don't delegate control of the brain to an outside entity. The transhuman morphing they are trying to sell us on, however, is usually portrayed as being directly wired into the brain. Augmenting or even replacing cognitive functions opens up the possibility of controlling a person's sense of identity, awareness, privacy and yes, physical autonomy.

We already know it's likely that they have found ways to turn fully organic humans into slaves and assassins, on an individual basis. If a mass amount of people were linked to some communal hard drive, wouldn't it be that much easier for the PTB to turn whole swaths of humanity into an instant army of whatever they needed, at the push of a few buttons. One minute, you're washing your dishes, the next, you're marching in formation into the neighboring city, with no choice to refrain from killing anyone identified as a Target. Who decides who is a target? Not you, that's for sure. Granted, that's a worst-case scenario, but the thought of any of us being forced to act against our own will, by an unseen hand, is enough to make one recoil in disgust. You wanna give them a digital invitation to do so? I don't.

Imagine a world where the concept of War isn't country vs. country but company vs. company, with consumers being the cannon fodder, whether they want to participate or not. It's a globalist's dream-come-true. The hard wiring negates the need to educate or employ the people. Just feed them some vita-slush through a tube, and present as many channels of simulated mental stimulation as they can handle. We're already half way there!

Or how about a world in which your memories are just bits of code, able to be modified, deleted, traded in or out at another person's will? We have a number of science fiction stories in popular cutlure that deal with that particular iteration, and none of them work out in humanity's best interests.

And even in a best-case scenario, what happens if such a mass-mind link gets hacked? I just started watching an interesting show on Amazon Tv, called "The Feed." It's about a family of scientists who've basically created a mass uplink, like a combined fb/twitter/youtube/wikipedia being fed directly to your brain. They sell it as all-improvement, all-safe, no-risk. But it gets hacked, and people start breaking down, doing violence, even to their own loved ones, and the family/company scrambles to find out "whodunnit" and why. I won't divulge any spoilers, but it's worth watching, for it touches on the themes of freedom of choice and autonomy that I've mentioned here.

morita

Veteran
There's certainly elements of it that can and will be negative. It will widen the gap between the rich and the poor and there's a lot of circumstances where where the technology can be used the violate bodily autonomy. That doesn't even touch on the subject of potential killswitches.
That should be enough to deter us from the idea imo.

There is a big difference between installing a single contruct, such as an artificial heart, and merging the human body with cybernetics. A heart, a bionic hand or leg, even eyes don't delegate control of the brain to an outside entity. The transhuman morphing they are trying to sell us on, however, is usually portrayed as being directly wired into the brain. Augmenting or even replacing cognitive functions opens up the possibility of controlling a person's sense of identity, awareness, privacy and yes, physical autonomy.
Like I said, there a differently things to be concerned with cybernetic but all the dangers are based not on the technology itself but our current socioeconomic system. Until the system is destroyed, we're oppressed whether we're flesh and blood or steel and silicone. But being afraid of technology because the powers that be will use it for evil ends is silly to me... Since they will use everything for evil ends.

You're also downplaying the counterculture possibilities.

We already know it's likely that they have found ways to turn fully organic humans into slaves and assassins, on an individual basis. If a mass amount of people were linked to some communal hard drive, wouldn't it be that much easier for the PTB to turn whole swaths of humanity into an instant army of whatever they needed, at the push of a few buttons. One minute, you're washing your dishes, the next, you're marching in formation into the neighboring city, with no choice to refrain from killing anyone identified as a Target. Who decides who is a target? Not you, that's for sure. Granted, that's a worst-case scenario, but the thought of any of us being forced to act against our own will, by an unseen hand, is enough to make one recoil in disgust. You wanna give them a digital invitation to do so? I don't.
People will find ways around any control methods they have though. People will develop VPN's for cybernetics, or things that remove you from the system. More importantly, there's actual medical uses for a lot of it.

Imagine a world where the concept of War isn't country vs. country but company vs. company, with consumers being the cannon fodder, whether they want to participate or not. It's a globalist's dream-come-true. The hard wiring negates the need to educate or employ the people. Just feed them some vita-slush through a tube, and present as many channels of simulated mental stimulation as they can handle. We're already half way there!
I don't have to imagine it. That's the world we already live in and the one that was created with the fall of the Soviet Union. In the conflict between capitalism and communism, capitalism one... Even so-called communist countries like China are quickly becoming corporate-controlled hellscapes.

Or how about a world in which your memories are just bits of code, able to be modified, deleted, traded in or out at another person's will? We have a number of science fiction stories in popular cutlure that deal with that particular iteration, and none of them work out in humanity's best interests.
Again, this is nothing that doesn't already happen. Humans gaslight each other all the time and memories are malleable. You turn on the news and they tell you white is black.

And even in a best-case scenario, what happens if such a mass-mind link gets hacked? I just started watching an interesting show on Amazon Tv, called "The Feed." It's about a family of scientists who've basically created a mass uplink, like a combined fb/twitter/youtube/wikipedia being fed directly to your brain. They sell it as all-improvement, all-safe, no-risk. But it gets hacked, and people start breaking down, doing violence, even to their own loved ones, and the family/company scrambles to find out "whodunnit" and why. I won't divulge any spoilers, but it's worth watching, for it touches on the themes of freedom of choice and autonomy that I've mentioned here.
[/QUOTE]

Funny that big media makes instant access to information a bad thing though. Thing is that hackers could also set it up some that you get everything without being part of the system. 'cause again, the problem isn't the technology. The problem is the system we have ruling the world... And that will be the issue with any form of technology we ever have.

Helioform

Star
You have to realize that transhumanist technology comes directly from the military black ops programs. Pretty much any technology that becomes commercial was at one point military research. Right now they are talking about fusing technology with human bodies at the macro level but they have research on nanotechnology which is most likely classified that would make transhuman prosthetics look like caveman stuff. The game Deus Ex touched on that subject, particularly the first one in the series.

No hacker in this world could compete with scientists that have trillions of dollars in research funding such as the ones involved in black ops science. You can forget about hacking equipment that has nanotech in it because publically the research on this is very shallow. It is all about secrecy of military research which makes the option of free development of transhumanist equipment really not possible. You never know if there will not be some kind of secret backdoor in the technology that allows remote control. It may be even involve secret encrypted channels of communication a bit like military SIGINT (signal intelligence) that interact with something like a biochip for example that controls body functions. You just never know what could transmitted to your implants by way of secret signals.

Everything about technology is about control anyway so in the end we will always be some kind of puppet of someone else's influence through technological means. There cannot be any freedom in this paradigm as the Borg Star Trek scifi story told us.

Last edited:

ohhi9876

Veteran
Album has been post poned because of corona virus. I think it should be out around June/July
wonder why the delay - I mean it is music and people have more time than ever to listen …. could have just postponed a tour ...