Christians Worship Songs

lamb

Established
Luke 6:31

31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
that is so out of context... it's the 'golden rule' verse. it literally says 'bless those who curse you' 'love you enemies, do good to those who hate you' 'if someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also' in the same passage. it means treat people how you want to be treated, not treat people the way they've treated you
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6&version=KJV

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 9.35.54 PM.png

since you're quoting from king james-
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise....
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Last edited:

lamb

Established
I don't care! GET OUT OF MY WAY AND STAY OUT OF MY WAY!
i'm not against you- you were the one who copy pasted it a bunch of times and i was explaining the context of it
you can't cherry pick the bible, especially how the verses right after were advising you to love your enemy and be kind to them

if you are going to use the bible to help your arguments use it correctly and in context...

rainerann

Star
Back to Christian worship!

My favorite song

"I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

rainerann

Star
How Great Thou Art

" O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Joshua 25

14Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. 15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Dmitri

Rookie
Farewell? I SAID I'm not going ANYWHERE. This is far from goodbye.
I like you !!! Your picture is completely different to your signature. There are times on facebook when I change my profile picture to Gene Simmons or Alice Cooper (because I like their music). I have now changed mine to two crows sitting on a branch looking at a bloodmoon.

You will get folks who will say that your picture is this or that and you are this or that. Remember one thing. We are ALL works-in-progress. Each one of us is deeply loved by GOD and our journey is different from each other. You might be 100 miles into your journey and I might be 75 miles. Who knows? Folks love to pour religion into Christianity. My view: Religion chains / Chrisianity changes.

One other point. You do not get Christian music. You get christian lyrics put to notes and tunes. You can put christian lyrics to a song by for example ACDC. Imagine putting Christian lyrics to Thunderstruck !!!!

Ok, time for coffee .... ;)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Dmitri - I'm glad I'm not the only Christian who likes "Thunderstruck"!

Back to the thread dialogue, and to everyone drawn in - the hour is getting to late for the politics of ego. The night is long spent and the sun is nearly rising. It is time for all of us to put away the unfruitful works of darkness.

Let it end here.