Christians Worship Songs

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I haven't posted to this thread for a while - I was thinking how much I disliked hymns as a child! I remember sitting in church one day wondering why they didn't play "Giantkiller", circa 1980 (don't laugh) at my local Anglican Church...

It is only years later that I have learned to appreciate the words and ideas locked away in some of the old, traditional hymns.

I came across these yesterday and after my ear adjusted, I noticed what they were saying...

My local church, in contrast seems to have "gone Hillsong" and many of the "worship" songs are very simple indeed... but perhaps I'm just getting old!!!

Last edited:

llleopard

Established
I haven't posted to this thread for a while - I was thinking how much I disliked hymns as a child! I remember sitting in church one day wondering why they didn't play "Giantkiller", circa 1980 (don't laugh) at my local Anglican Church...

It is only years later that I have learned to appreciate the words and ideas locked away in some of the old, traditional hymns.

I came across these yesterday and after my ear adjusted, I noticed what they were saying...

My local church, in contrast seems to have "gone Hillsong" and many of the "worship" songs are very simple indeed... but perhaps I'm just getting old!!!
I am actually coming to loathe Hillsong. Their words are so wishy washy, all the types and symbols are mixed up, and the ones we have at our church are very 'me' centred. Tiring.

Golden Age

Established
I'm going for 'cheese' in a major way, but, I don't care . . . love Cat Steven's "Morning Has Broken"

Swing your pants for the Lord, (you transgender ladies!)

OceanWaves

Established
Bryan Duncan - When I Turn to You
For those interested, this song was on an older album, "My Utmost for His Highest" (his music though) - very relaxing.
I have that album. It's the only album of Bryan Duncan's that I ever liked. It's beautiful!

OceanWaves

Established
Here's the story of two 12 year old boys who wrote a beautiful worship song called: Glorious God:

And here is Lauren Talley's video for the song: