Christians: How would you know if you were wrong?

How would you know if you were wrong? is there any possibility that you could be wrong about your beliefs?
If not, why?
If so, how does it reflect on the way you practice your religion?

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
How would you know if you were wrong? is there any possibility that you could be wrong about your beliefs?
If not, why?
How can the shepherde be wrong ?

It's not possible.

sickgirl15

Established
How can the shepherde be wrong ?

It's not possible.
How can the “shepherds” be wrong?! What/who is that? There is NO proof that ANY religion exists at all! No person has ever come back from the dead and told us what a “Christian,” or “Muslim’s” version of “heaven” or wherever the heck they claim to go is after they are dead and buried. Until that happens, I will question and draw my own conclusions about, and criticize and rebel against the concept of “organized religion.” “Religion” is simply an unproven CONCEPT/IDEOLOGY created by heterosexual men to CONTROL those certain weak human beings in this world who are not capable of living their own lives without guidance, pretty strict “rules” to follow (the Bible, or whatever)...and threats of pretty severe “punishments” for those who failed to adhere to, submit to, follow, etc. these “rules” that were made up, and implemented zillions of years ago simply were to oppress the masses.

If not, why?
Everyone has doubts, but how could anyone evangelise if they werent convicted of there beliefs? Again the true affirmation comes from above. But an open mind and heart gets you on the right track, thats why Nicodemus was open to Jesus teaching and the Pharisees were not. You are a pharisee that doesnt want to hear the truth.
How can the “shepherds” be wrong?! What/who is that? There is NO proof that ANY religion exists at all! No person has ever come back from the dead and told us what a “Christian,” or “Muslim’s” version of “heaven” or wherever the heck they claim to go is after they are dead and buried. Until that happens, I will question and draw my own conclusions about, and criticize and rebel against the concept of “organized religion.” “Religion” is simply an unproven CONCEPT/IDEOLOGY created by heterosexual men to CONTROL those certain weak human beings in this world who are not capable of living their own lives without guidance, pretty strict “rules” to follow (the Bible, or whatever)...and threats of pretty severe “punishments” for those who failed to adhere to, submit to, follow, etc. these “rules” that were made up, and implemented zillions of years ago simply were to oppress the masses.
chu got it all wrong mang.

Everyone has doubts, but how could anyone evangelise if they werent convicted of there beliefs?
That's what we need to find out, silly.

If everyone else is so lost, then how would you know if you yourself was wrong? Is your belief in Christianity falsifiable?

You are a pharisee that doesnt want to hear the truth.
This is a further piece of your belief-system, about another belief-system (Pharisees were one of the predominant forms of Judaism prior to Christianity), you are rehashing your own beliefs in making this statement. By extension, how would you know if the Pharisees were right? how would you test this?
What were the arguments the Pharisees had against Jesus? and what made the Pharisees wrong?

Nonetheless the claims of Christianity do rest on those of the Pharisees, regarding the awaited moshiach (messiah).

Last edited:
That's what we need to find out, silly.

If everyone else is so lost, then how would you know if you yourself was wrong? Is your belief in Christianity falsifiable?

This is a further piece of your belief-system, about another belief-system (Pharisees were one of the predominant forms of Judaism prior to Christianity), you are rehashing your own beliefs in making this statement. By extension, how would you know if the Pharisees were right? how would you test this?
What were the arguments the Pharisees had against Jesus? and what made the Pharisees wrong?

Nonetheless the claims of Christianity do rest on those of the Pharisees, regarding the awaited moshiach (messiah).
Another post that makes 0 sense, just more pseudointellectualism. I know what the Pharisees were, which is why I said it, whats the deal with trying to prove how much you know as if its some big revelation, everyone knows who the Pharisees were. Try harder.

this thread can be summed up thusly

“Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid.”

― G. K. Chesterton

You are labouring under this false notion that somehow, you cannot have a sense of truth, or arrive at truth, sure one can have some doubts, but ultimately with enough investigation and affirmation one is convicted in there belief. And guess what the truth once you find it doesnt change. I think you are projecting for a change - truth isnt relative. You clearly arent that confident in your beliefs.

floss

Star
Did you know Christianity is the ONLY path that does not required you to do anything to obtain salvation? Because JESUS knew we all will fail on our own behalf, thus there are no other choices beside JESUS sacrifices for you. Only by FAITH you can received eternal life through the power of the RESURRECTION OF CHRIST. He died so you can LIVE. Tell me which other gods show their love for you like that?

LISTEN! NO ONE can obtain salvation on their own deeds! And guess what? Every other religion teach you gotta work your way to heaven. That's the wide path which will lead you straight to hell. You don't have to believe me, you can experienced the TRUE GOD right now by calling upon the name of JESUS. Come to JESUS with faith like little children and HE will prove himself to you, I promised you will not be disappointed. I prayed the mighty name of JESUS over your spirit right now. You're NO LONGER a sickgirl but a child of GOD! I proclaimed the mercy and love of JESUS in your spirit right now. Received it. God bless you

The only way u could know Christianity is not true, is if u died and something different occured. But guess what people have died, guess what happened?...See the testimonies are out there if u want to believe them. Explain to me how a guy who comes back from the dead and has the medical evidence to prove it, met Jesus, and he literally confirmed everything he believed as a believer. Thats testimony, ok you dont believe it.

But look Jesus walked this earth, he was put to death, imagine actually coming into contact with him knowing who he was, just as Peter did, and still denying him, betraying him even? Why is that, because inherently we are wicked not God. Its not enough for us to know something is true either - we have to be willing. I can know fast food is bad for me, doesnt mean I stop eating it.

When I said you are a Pharisee its because the Pharisees could not accept the truth, even though it was staring them in the face, stop attributing religious connotations, we are talking face value the message of that story, and the message was that. They thought they had it all figured out, but they didnt, no matter how much they were shown, because they didnt want to believe, they wanted only to believe in there concept of God, much like people here. Christians dont choose Christ because its cool, or it fits there concept, but because its revealed time and time again in prophecy, affirmation and faith that its the truth, and they accept truth. Thats the difference.

Another post that makes 0 sense, just more pseudointellectualism. I know what the Pharisees were, which is why I said it, whats the deal with trying to prove how much you know as if its some big revelation, everyone knows who the Pharisees were. Try harder.
Then why hesitate to answer the questions? (in fact you've simply just dodged what was said)

Another case of: https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/christianity-and-anti-intellectualism.6500/

We all get that the Pharisees are used as an analogy in the NT, as an archetype of perceived opposition to Jesus (with aspects of legalism and hypocrisy thrown in) - which in itself is just a clever way of closing off any self-criticism.

For those actually interested in the topic, here's an introduction article: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/pharisees-sadducees-and-essenes

Then why hesitate to answer the questions? (in fact you've simply just dodged what was said)

Another case of: https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/christianity-and-anti-intellectualism.6500/

We all get that the Pharisees are used as an analogy in the NT, as an archetype of perceived opposition to Jesus (with aspects of legalism and hypocrisy thrown in) - which in itself is just a clever way of closing off any self-criticism.

For those actually interested in the topic, here's an introduction article: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/pharisees-sadducees-and-essenes

This is hilarious so you literally take the side of the Pharisees over Jesus, as that was written to stop self criticism! Ha Wow....you are wooo, you really think the Pharisees were good guys. Your thinking has got you in all kinds of trouble.

But I believe Jesus is the Messiah, so once again: FAIL!
Messiah of what though? Your book says he wasnt crucified, he comes back with the Mahdi to fight on Earth? What did he do to save? You make 0 sense, im not wasting any more time with you but it is fun, showing you how stupid you actually are.

You make 0 sense, im not wasting any more time with you but it is fun, showing you how stupid you actually are.
Aside from ad hominems, you are never able to answer anything. You're not even able to follow a conversation like an adult. I pray that you do grow up one day.

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
(Matthew 10:5-6)