Christians are now called Easter Worshippers

Allegra

Veteran
It's odd because recently it was Jewish, not Passover worshipers. Words matter.
Naw man, I don't wanna be called anti-semi. Calling them that just cuz it was a tragedy that happened on the Sabbath and the last day of Passover is anti-semi did u know that :(
save that mockery until another Christian's bombing happens.
D4z11VAWsAAuRDc.jpg

But still, RIP to the lady who was killed during the attack.

Add: Just the reason why Christians are called Easter Worshipers. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/calling-sri-lanka-bombing-victims-easter-worshippers-shows-just/

Aight, imma take my leave. Until next time, dear thread.

DevaWolf

Veteran
Might it not be that they said 'Easter worshippers' instead of Christians, to not exclude anyone who might have been present in those churches at that time?
There might be atheists or people of other faiths too, I mean I would go to church with my grandma..

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Might it not be that they said 'Easter worshippers' instead of Christians, to not exclude anyone who might have been present in those churches at that time?
I believe that if this was the case they would use a broader word, like just "people" or "citizens" or even "the present"

TonyVanDam

Established
Funny you should say that. We used to have threads around here about how Catholics are *not real Xians*
And those were the days! lol Never mind that Roman Catholicism used the same occult symbol [The Cross] as all of the other Christian Denominations.

OFF-TOPIC: Welcome back Flix.

TonyVanDam

Established
If you really want to go there, Easter and most of the practices linked to it are pagan-- tied to Ishtar going back to Babylon. The bunny is pagan. The eggs are pagan. Christ didn't die in April. With this in mind, Christians who are offended are right to be offended.
Personally, it's a non starter. I'm more offended by all the drone attacks and innocent lives lost under Clinton and Obama. I'm offended by Washington and Washington waste and corruption.
I'm offended by the Sri Lankan censoring their own people from "leaking truth" on social media.
I'm offended by deaths of so many Christians so far this year.

Very true. But according the research of Greg Kane, webmaster of POCM, Easter is not the only thing pagan about mainstream Christianity.
https://pocm.info/

TonyVanDam

Established
I think this whole thing has gotten out of hand. It's remarkable that there are so many examples of ways to avoid using the word "Christian", but it's a one-day story at best, and conservative media is obsessing about it now. Maybe we've forgotten that Easter is supposed to be about rabbits and chocolate.

These things are addicting.

My wife and I went through, like, two huge bags of them. The problem is they start selling them in January. It should be illegal to do any seasonal advertising or special product availability, especially of these delicious, crunchy chocolate treats, more than four weeks before said season.
True to its pagan roots, Easter is really about sex.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
True to its pagan roots, Easter is really about sex.
Kinda tangent here, but I find it really worth of noticing that everywhere we see "easter = isthar/ostara", wich is obviously from pagan roots BUT in other languages and countries it stems from the hebrew Pessach that is, well, the stuff that happened during the crucification.

From Pessach
Portuguese = páscoa;
French = Pâques;
Italian = Pasqua;
Spanish = Pascua;

From Isthar
English = Easter;
German = Ostern;

And there are lots of other examples from both but I limited myself to the most known languages out there. I like to compare this situation to sugar. You can make sugar from sugar cane or sugar beet and both are sugar but come from diferente origins. But back to our case up there... In my country we call it Páscoa, in the USA they call it Easter. Does this means that Brazil celebrates the christian version while the USA celebrates the pagan version?

free2018

Star
Very true. But according the research of Greg Kane, webmaster of POCM, Easter is not the only thing pagan about mainstream Christianity.
https://pocm.info/
There are many things that are pagan about mainstream Christianity.
You are correct, homie.
I don't take any of the holidays serious for this reason.
Edit: Jesus is NOT one of them. Haha