Christians are now called Easter Worshippers

Vytas

Star
I don't know... surely they knew it will not go unnoticed....I think @Corvus Metus is right, distraction more then anything else. I think they were banking on the outrage. I will change my mind if it goes mainstream, but google shows thats not the case. Nobody liking or using that term...Lots of outrage though...

Allegra

Veteran
Yup it was Christians (the people who went to church to celebrate Easter) the primary target for this attack. The bomber himself hated all religions. He said Hindu, Buddhist and Christian are kafir and the land belongs to his religion.

It did not matter WHEN (be it Easter, Christmas, or any other religion holy day) they wanted to bomb the church or temple, the point is they wanted to kill anyone who is not their religion.

But remember, terrorism has no religion.

For me, calling Christian “Easter worshipper” has a lot of layered motives but at the end of the day, a lot of people found it not acceptable, if it’s not acceptable then they shouldn’t be doing it. It’s not politically correct, these Easter worshippers had a reason why they went to church to celebrate the day, their belief. So that’s that.

That’s all I can say, people can justify the term if they want but I can never find it appropriate. I feel upset for the victims being called that considering there are Christians and non Christians that died in this tragedy but there are more important things in this..

Last edited:

SkepticCat

Veteran
I think it's inappropriate to get worked up over semantics when so many people were just killed. However, given the over-the-top-obvious agenda'ed structuring over these putrid 'condolences' from political 'VIPs' that could only have been cooked up in some horrific Mockingbird lair somewhere (probably at Langley???), it becomes necessary pointing out.

It was Christians who were the target of the attack and were killed. CHRISTIANS. But in the warped, psychopathic outlook of the Satanic 'elite', apparently even the name for the followers of this particular religion has to be blotted out... and they apparently all took the Mockingbird seminar informing them that 'Easter Worshippers' would be the term of choice to use - that they would all use. At that point, it does become relevant highlighting. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the beginning of a long-term campaign to stop even displaying the 'C-word'.

They wouldn't word it this way were it any other religion. So, it's part of the agenda as usual which it is hopefully becoming clear is specifically anti-Christian.

So, even when hundreds of people were just killed, we still see the Mockingbird agenda front and center. Because it's much more important not mentioning the C-word on Twitter, than showing any real empathy for the people who suffered in these horrific attacks.

I imagine I'm not telling you anything here you hadn't already thought of, yourself... but then I would suggest you analyze what motivated your own post, in the first place.

Dalit

Star
I don't know...at least in America Chruch attendance almost doubles on Christmas and Easter (More Easter than Christmas). Should we call those people who only come to church on Christmas and Easter "Christians"? I don't have a problem with the media labeling those who go to church only on Easter and Christmas as something other than Christians, though I suspect the motive for labeling them that is different than my reasoning.
I've heard CEO (Christmas and Easter Only) and C&E. A friend really wanted to set me up with her brother, but when she said he was a "C&E Christian", I said no thanks. That's happened quite a bit actually. Apparently, I'd make a great sister-in-law. :)

FlixKandish

Rookie
Snarky comment: I mean, it's not like most so-called Christians actually follow Christ. When they were told they can't follow Christ and Mammon, most chose the later...

Serious answer: Use reading comprehension. Easter worshippers aren't being used to describe Christians... But Christians who are going to church to worship, on Easter. I.E.: It was likely an attack specifically directed on Easter-time worship. Stop being outraged at everything and be more concerned how attacks like this will be used as an excuse to strip people of their rights. And it will.
This^^^.

I my friend was just saying his mom was upset about this, and ofc she watches Fox News all day.

Trying to get people outraged over this is just more of the propaganda outrage machine at work. They are intentionally using divisive messaging and fear mongering to drive their loyal base to anger. Once that anger manifests into the unthinkable, we are in trouble.

Allegra

Veteran
They are intentionally using divisive messaging and fear mongering to drive their loyal base to anger. Once that anger manifests into the unthinkable, we are in trouble.
I agree its propaganda but it is not propaganda to make Christians do anything. Christians in modern days can not do anything. Unless u count every white atheist as Christian.

There's barely any Christian world leaders today that actually defend Christian. Name it if there's any.

This upset feeling will only last a week and it will be forgotten. Even doing that is unacceptable.

free2018

Star
If you really want to go there, Easter and most of the practices linked to it are pagan-- tied to Ishtar going back to Babylon. The bunny is pagan. The eggs are pagan. Christ didn't die in April. With this in mind, Christians who are offended are right to be offended.
Personally, it's a non starter. I'm more offended by all the drone attacks and innocent lives lost under Clinton and Obama. I'm offended by Washington and Washington waste and corruption.
I'm offended by the Sri Lankan censoring their own people from "leaking truth" on social media.
I'm offended by deaths of so many Christians so far this year.

Allegra

Veteran
If you really want to go there, Easter and most of the practices linked to it are pagan-- tied to Ishtar going back to Babylon. The bunny is pagan. The eggs are pagan. Christ didn't die in April. With this in mind, Christians who are offended are right to be offended.
Personally, it's a non starter. I'm more offended by all the drone attacks and innocent lives lost under Clinton and Obama. I'm offended by Washington and Washington waste and corruption.
I'm offended by the Sri Lankan censoring their own people from "leaking truth" on social media.
I'm offended by deaths of so many Christians so far this year.

Yes sir, you are right about this.

Also, I'm not angry or hate our friends from another religion. Nope. I came from a country where my faith is minority, and I have friends from this religion, they're definitely top in my lovable-person book.

I'm offended and upset but that's no where near to hate and angry. There are things happening that make us upset and as human being it's in my nature to feel that when those people who share the same faith as me getting killed and not getting the appropriate respect from the so-called world leaders.

The Zone

Star
I saw where Clinton and Obama tweeted Easter worshipers as did others wanting to avoid saying the word, Christian. This is why I hate PC culture and will buck it the rest of my life. It twists things into ridiculousness.

free2018

Star
Yes sir, you are right about this.

Also, I'm not angry or hate our friends from another religion. Nope. I came from a country where my faith is minority, and I have friends from this religion, they're definitely top in my lovable-person book.

I'm offended and upset but that's no where near to hate and angry. There are things happening that make us upset and as human being it's in my nature to feel that when those people who share the same faith as me getting killed and not getting the appropriate respect from the so-called world leaders.
I get what you're saying, young person.
Anger is okay, but letting it live as hate is corrosive. I try to "be angry and sin not".

Thunderian

Superstar
I don't know...at least in America Chruch attendance almost doubles on Christmas and Easter (More Easter than Christmas). Should we call those people who only come to church on Christmas and Easter "Christians"? I don't have a problem with the media labeling those who go to church only on Easter and Christmas as something other than Christians, though I suspect the motive for labeling them that is different than my reasoning.
It's funny, but my church, an independent fundamental church, doesn't see a spike in attendance at Easter or Christmas. We seem to faithfully attend, even when there's nothing more special happening than fellowship with believers. However, Anglican, Catholic and other big name brand churches are always unusually busy. It's the difference between faith and religion.

mecca

Superstar
Weren't most of the people attacked Catholics? Are people considering Catholics to be Christian? Would Easter worshipers be a better way to include both Catholics, Christians, and the other non-Christian victims of the attack?

Allegra

Veteran
Weren't most of the people attacked Catholics? Are people considering Catholics to be Christian? Would Easter worshipers be a better way to include both Catholics, Christians, and the other non-Christian victims of the attack?
Catholic is/can be called Christian but they're not Protestant. That's in my book.
For Catholics they're still worshipping Jesus Christ which is why they're called Christian, but I know a lot of Christian Protestant prefer Catholic as Catholic. But in the eyes of other religions, they're the same, they're worshipping Jesus Christ which is kafir for a certain religion that the bomber belief.
Non-christian who died in this tragedy is not Easter Worshipper but if they're not muslim, they're definitely kafir in the eyes of the bombers and according to his self-made video, they should be dead.

mecca

Superstar
Catholic is/can be called Christian but they're not Protestant. That's in my book.
For Catholics they're still worshipping Jesus Christ which is why they're called Christian, but I know a lot of Christian Protestant prefer Catholic as Catholic.
Yes, I agree... I do consider both Catholics and Protestants to be Christians. They are two forms of Christianity. But many people like to separate Catholics from Christians and they only use the label Christian in reference to Protestants... as you acknowledged. So that's why I'm questioning if the use of the phrase Easter worshipers was a way to refer to both Catholic and Protestant victims. They were all people observing the religious holiday of Easter.

Allegra

Veteran
Yes, I agree... I do consider both Catholics and Protestants to be Christians. They are two forms of Christianity. But many people like to separate Catholics from Christians and they only use the label Christian in reference to Protestants... as you acknowledged. So that's why I'm questioning if the use of the phrase Easter worshipers was used as a way to be inclusive of both Catholic and Protestant victims.
They're still Christian because Easter is to honour Jesus Christ, the God of Christian hence the belief name. Christ-ian, the followers of Jesus.
I always call myself Christian Protestant to differ it from Catholic. It's quick, easy and not messy.

I personally, do not believe those non-religious world leaders, politicians and MSM care whether Catholic is christian or not.

But who knows!