Christians are now called Easter Worshippers

let us being snowflakes. what's your problem?
No problem, I just think it’s amusing because I know people who have posted in this thread that talk about “outrage culture” and not to be dictated by feelings etc.

Easter Worship is literally what was happening at the time of the attacks, making them “Easter Worshippers”

Allegra

Veteran
No problem, I just think it’s amusing because I know people who have posted in this thread that talk about “outrage culture” and not to be dictated by feelings etc.

Easter Worship is literally what was happening at the time of the attacks, making them “Easter Worshippers”
Ok, so More than 250+ christians are killed. The news under reported. Not being called Christian but Easter Worshipers.

We can not be upset otherwise we're called Snowflakes.

Cool.

Now my question, what Easter worshippers called in their proper beliefs?

Ok, so More than 250+ christians are killed. The news under reported. Not being called Christian but Easter Worshipers.

We can not be upset otherwise we're called Snowflakes.

Cool.

Some were killed at the Hotels and not necessarily religious, so should we take issue with them being lumped in with Easter Worshippers?

By all means be upset over the attack, it’s an absolute tragedy but this freak out over “Easter Worshippers” is quite silly.

Allegra

Veteran
Some were killed at the Hotels and not necessarily religious, so should we take issue with them being lumped in with Easter Worshippers?

By all means be upset over the attack, it’s an absolute tragedy but this freak out over “Easter Worshippers” is quite silly.
That's quite off tbh for calling this "freak out", when a lot of people are just pretty much just condemning the term and some people saying it's alright to use the term and calling it snowflakes for not liking it, of course I find it bizarre but no where near 'freak out'.

I think you're reaching too far. I bet you thought I was screaming while typing this. *shrugs*

Also, you are in a thread talking about it, if u go to other threads and conversations about Sri Lanka attack, "easter worshippers" won't be the main focus.

Thunderian

Superstar
I think this whole thing has gotten out of hand. It's remarkable that there are so many examples of ways to avoid using the word "Christian", but it's a one-day story at best, and conservative media is obsessing about it now. Maybe we've forgotten that Easter is supposed to be about rabbits and chocolate.

These things are addicting.

My wife and I went through, like, two huge bags of them. The problem is they start selling them in January. It should be illegal to do any seasonal advertising or special product availability, especially of these delicious, crunchy chocolate treats, more than four weeks before said season.

Allegra

Veteran
Funny you should say that. We used to have threads around here about how Catholics are *not real Xians*
Do you think non christians care about the difference?

I have plenty of non christians friends, colleagues or just friends of friends, atheist or just completely different religions, they can't tell much the difference between catholics and christians. Who attack churches? Non-christians.

Do you think they have time to learn "oh Catholics doctrine is like this, so they are not christian... ohhh i see. We can not hurt Catholics and Protestants feeling by calling them all Christian"

Tbh, I don't know the difference in Islam but I've heard a lot of sunni islam saying Shia is not part of Islam. They're quarreling between themselves too. Do I care? Not really. In the eyes of me as a non-muslim, I see them all Islam.

See? It's understandable and not hard to comprehend.

*sips tea*

FlixKandish

Rookie
Do you think non christians care about the difference?

I have plenty of non christians friends, colleagues or just friends of friends, atheist or just completely different religions, they can't tell much the difference between catholics and christians. Who attack churches? Non-christians.

Do you think they have time to learn "oh Catholics doctrine is like this, so they are not christian... ohhh i see. We can not hurt Catholics and Protestants feeling by calling them all Christian"

Tbh, I don't know the difference in Islam but I've heard a lot of sunni islam saying Shia is not part of Islam. They're quarreling between themselves too. Do I care? Not really. In the eyes of me as a non-muslim, I see them all Islam.

See? It's understandable and not hard to comprehend.

*sips tea*
I'm not quite sure what point youre trying to convey here... :thonk:

FlixKandish

Rookie
is this the best you can came up with?

ok.

give u a liek.
It's not about winning or losing something or garnering likes, i just don't know what the point was with all the mish mashing and ramblin into Islam. It didnt make sense what you want a reply to.

Allegra

Veteran
It's not about winning or losing something or garnering likes, i just don't know what the point was with all the mish mashing and ramblin into Islam. It didnt make sense what you want a reply to.
It's not that I care. I just want to point out. You quoted

Weren't most of the people attacked Catholics? Are people considering Catholics to be Christian?

Funny you should say that. We used to have threads around here about how Catholics are *not real Xians*
So I said, the reason why a lot of people straight up calling it Christians, or people who talk about this on social media call it Christians because they don't care the difference between Christian Protestant and Catholic.
Catholicism is still listed as one of numerous Christian denominations.

I personally don't know what threads in this forum you are talking about because I'm pretty new.

Now to explain why Christian Protestants usually disagree calling Catholic, a Christian, is because the doctrines are different. To make it easier to explain to Muslims who don't understand it by showing an example.

It's like how Islam have Sunni and Shia.. Sunni doesnt agree that Shia is part of Islam but the world still see it as Islam.

The doctrines are different.

Does it make sense?

When I was in school, one of the teachers got us all together one day and told us that the whole easter things is not really biblical, and that there is no such thing as a passover eggs, and that we should therefore not call them that. He said that they are just chocolate eggs, and chocolate bunnies, not passover eggs or passover bunnies.

God Bless his soul, at least he had the guts to go against the status quo and tried his best to tell us kids the truth... about the whole easter thing being a scam. It's Passover, not Easter/Ishtar.

Ishtar was a pagan fertility goddess (easter eggs are a symbol of fertility) and it has NOTHING to do with Christ or the Bible, other than that the Bible says do not follow the ways of pagans.

You are supposed to be different and set a good example; not go backwards by learning the wrongful ways of the heathen.

You are supposed to follow God's Teachings and set them a good example, so they will want to learn about it too and bring the world together in peace.

Passover Lamb, not Easter Bunny

If Christians were actually concerned with the truth, and not so hell bent on going along with all the lying and false teachings, then they wouldn't even have been calling it "Easter/Ishtar" to begin with, and definitely not anymore, like just about everyone else and their grandmothers already know and then these people wouldn't be able to call them or you "Easter Worshippers"

But by being asleep and remaining ignorant of the truth, Christians have left the door wide open.

Almost everyone else knows Easter is a scam... so why don't Christians get it and more important, DO SOMETHING about it.

DO something, say you were wrong, say you are sorry, and begin to teach the TRUTH.

Jesus said only the TRUTH can set you free.

What happened to everyone's backbone? If you know its wrong and you then still continue to do it, then that is much worse than if someone really didn't know.

Do it for the children. Tell them the truth and show them you don't have yellow streak instead of a backbone. They will appreciate it and respect you for it.

Last edited: