Christianity is dead

Daciple

Star
That's funny, there was this one guy who was by the worlds standards pretty intelligent, probably much more so than either of us and he predicted that Christianity would be extinct within 100 yrs of his death. His name was Voltaire and he died in 1778, here it is over 200+ years later and Christianity is here.

You give links about Christianity dying in the West, I wont argue that comparatively speaking to what it was 50-100 yrs ago in the West it is in decline, but to say its dying or will be extinct soon it simply a statement of willful ignorance. It is also to ignore the massive boom of Christianity in the rest of the World that is taking place right now. In the Middle East, in Asia, in Africa Christianity is exploding. Pretty much everywhere you can die to be a Christian, well thats where its blowing up and in the areas that its free to be a Christian, its in decline. Funny how that works...

Just as the Roman government tried its best at its inception to murder off and stop Christianity, they couldnt, every single country and government that has every tried to oppose, snuff it out and murder believers off, cant stop it and for you to believe that it is going to die off it just a darling little statement.

The only time Christianity has every declined is when it has been completely open to practice, and that is only in the West over the past 50 years. Also the fact is in most of the World Christianity is vilified and illegal, and the closer we get to the End of the World the more and more Christians and Christianity will be persecuted, which means more and more it will grow underground, just like it did during the Romans.

Christianity will never die, no matter how much you wish it would...

Bacsi

Star
That's funny, there was this one guy who was by the worlds standards pretty intelligent, probably much more so than either of us and he predicted that Christianity would be extinct within 100 yrs of his death. His name was Voltaire and he died in 1778, here it is over 200+ years later and Christianity is here.

You give links about Christianity dying in the West, I wont argue that comparatively speaking to what it was 50-100 yrs ago in the West it is in decline, but to say its dying or will be extinct soon it simply a statement of willful ignorance. It is also to ignore the massive boom of Christianity in the rest of the World that is taking place right now. In the Middle East, in Asia, in Africa Christianity is exploding. Pretty much everywhere you can die to be a Christian, well thats where its blowing up and in the areas that its free to be a Christian, its in decline. Funny how that works...

Just as the Roman government tried its best at its inception to murder off and stop Christianity, they couldnt, every single country and government that has every tried to oppose, snuff it out and murder believers off, cant stop it and for you to believe that it is going to die off it just a darling little statement.

The only time Christianity has every declined is when it has been completely open to practice, and that is only in the West over the past 50 years. Also the fact is in most of the World Christianity is vilified and illegal, and the closer we get to the End of the World the more and more Christians and Christianity will be persecuted, which means more and more it will grow underground, just like it did during the Romans.

Excellent reply. Good arguments. Some emotional attacks on me, but I'm already used to that coming from Christians here, so it's okay.

You guys take me literally. Voltaire was right. Christianity is dead today. At the age of education and enlightenment religion like Christianity is bound to die.

It will continue to exist for as long as humanity exists, perhaps. In a very weak and transformed shape. Extremely hypocritical, siperficial and basically so far away from the founder's ideas and intentions, that it's deader than dead.

I don't wish for Chtistianity to die nor I am happy about it. It's a whole different discussion, though. What Christianity of the past (still living) was valuable for and what it's being replaced with today and is it a better or worse alternavtive. I don't want to dig into this subject too much...

The worst state for anybody is denial of truth. Christianity is dead. The corpse is convulsing, yes, but unfortunately it's not life. Consider the reality honestly.

Bacsi

Star

I've stayed in and traveled to countries where Christianity is more or less persecuted. China, Pakistan, Israel, Japan, Uzbekistan, Turkey etc etc Witnessed about Christ, smuggled New Testaments, gospel booklets and tracts. Some of the evangelism literatire distributed was translated by me (in the former USSR). Participated in underground church ministry, performed baptism in a bathtub at midnight. I was harassed, beaten and jailed by police, secrete police, border services. I had machine guns pointed at me.

The sad truth is, 99% of Christians there follow Jesus with economic or immigration purposes in mind... They are even the worse kind of Christians than the missionaries. Hypocrites of hypocrites. The majority of missionaries are total crooks and bastards. No exagerration.

So, it's not all rosy in those kinds of places. Don't beleive overly optimistic Christian reports. There's very little truth in them. Wishful thinking. Go and see for yourself. You'll be greatly disappointed. Christianity is dead.

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star

Christianity in poor countries exists mainly thanks to generous financial support of the churches from rich countries. Should economic disaster happen to those rich countries, or if they become effectively non-Christian, then Christianity in those poor countries will drop dead right away. Churches and missions will stop functioning, people will leave Christianity and be scattered. Christianity there is unsustainable on its own... Money and immigration appeal is what's holding it up...

They are parasitising as it's a very easy way to get money without doing much and possibly immigrate to the West...

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star
Dear Christians, are you truly oblivious to what I'm talking about? If you care about Christ, shouldn't the reality of your faith bother you? Or are you happy soothing yourselves with lullabies "everything is a-ok"????

Christianity is dead. Wake up, wake up...

Bacsi

Star
@Bacsi

"If you care about Christ, shouldn't the reality of your faith bother you?"

Seriously Bacsi, you sound like you are getting desparate now - what does this even mean?!
Please read the OP and my other posts in this thread once again. That's what this means. I think I elaborated in quite some details here.

Seriously, Red Sky at Morning, are you blind? Can't you see things as they are? Or are you in a bubble?

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Please read the OP and my other posts in this thread once again. That's what this means. I think I elaborated in quite some details here.

Seriously, Red Sky at Morning, are you blind? Can't you see things as they are? Or are you in a bubble?
Your OP and subsequent comments have contained no discernable substance to address. The points you make have little relationship to logic. Perhaps if you amended your thread title you might make more sense?

Bacsi

Star
Your OP and subsequent comments have contained no discernable substance to address. The points you make have little relationship to logic. Perhaps if you amended your thread title you might make more sense?
I know. I told you, maybe one day in the future you'll see it. Or maybe not in this lifetime. It's okay. Better be honest, though, than deep in religion.

Renegade

Veteran
The moon is reality. Religion is fantasy.

Beautiful background picture. I love it.
By your own admission Bacsi you spent half your life in a position of spiritual competence (you claimed to have been in ministry) when in reality you were completely spiritually incompetent and were either unaware of your incompetence or a fraud...

With that track record why do you think people should follow your spiritual advice...?

Bacsi

Star
By your own admission Bacsi you spent half your life in a position of spiritual competence (you claimed to have been in ministry) when in reality you were completely spiritually incompetent and were either unaware of your incompetence or a fraud...

With that track record why do you think people should follow your spiritual advice...?
I've heard this many times. You are not right to assert I was incompetent and insincere. It's not that. I was very sincere and diligent. More than most I could observe in the same position. It's a defensive reaction to say, "if he left, he wasn't one of us to begin with". It's absolutely possible, but not true in my case. I at some point realized, after deep studying of the subject and my experience, that Christianity is a mistake. It's not uncommon for people to come to such realization in religion. While other people are happy in their religion all their lives. It's okay.

It's diverting into argumentum ad hominem kind of discussion, though. It has nothing to do with the topic of how Christianity is today. I've been out of it for a long time

Daciple

Star
It's a defensive reaction to say, "if he left, he wasn't one of us to begin with". It's absolutely possible, but not true in my case.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us

Bacsi

Star
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us
Thank you. It's exactly the verse I was referring to. This is what I call "sour losers excuse". Blaming others for your own issues.

Daciple

Star
Thank you. It's exactly the verse I was referring to. This is what I call "sour losers excuse". Blaming others for your own issues.
Or its the Truth and you are and always have been an Antichrist...

Vytas

Star
Christianity is at very good spot right now...It starting to become Independant and thinking for itself, little communities who preach and does bible studies forming everywhere. Without unnecessary church dogmas to follow... Those places are breath of fresh air. Participated in few myself...I take quality over quantity anytime...Besides path always has been narrow. Remove those who are Christians only by name and in think number of Christians barely ever changed..