Christian Zionism Discussed

DavidSon

Star
Skeletons in the CZ closet.

Paradoxically, Christian Zionism is partly responsible for the looming(?) extinction of Christians in some parts of the Middle East: Something they (that are happy Israel is back) are silent about, but they won’t stay quiet about l’Arabe that is “invading my country” even when that Arab is a Christian fleeing conflict. Which conflict guarantees Israel’s sovereignity and pre-eminence in the region. All the while, Pompeo lies at cufi that they are being protected. I hope his audience went back home and double-checked his claims.

The Archbishop of Irbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, has accused Britain's Christian leaders of failing to do enough in defence of the vanishing Christian community in Iraq.
In an impassioned address in London, the Rt Rev Bashar Warda said Iraq's Christians now faced extinction after 1,400 years of persecution.
Since the US-led invasion toppled the regime of Saddam Hussein in 2003, he said, the Christian community had dwindled by 83%, from around 1.5 million to just 250,000.
"Christianity in Iraq," he said, "one of the oldest Churches, if not the oldest Church in the world, is perilously close to extinction. Those of us who remain must be ready to face martyrdom."

Source

"In their zeal to "kill Islam", as one guest speaker at the US Air Force Academy put it, the religious fundamentalism that helped drive the Iraq War has ended up nearly wiping out one of the most ancient Christian communities in the world."
Source
Here's another attack on Christians in Syria by NATO supported terrorists (from May):

https://21stcenturywire.com/2019/05/12/massacre-of-children-in-syrian-christian-town-of-al-suqalibiyah-on-borders-of-north-hama-and-idlib/

It's the same circumstances as US policies towards Iran: The media does a terrible job of accurately reporting facts about who is doing what in the region. Including being diverted by their pastors, average Christians have no means of understanding what are the consequences of almost hidden foreign policies.

The name of the website IAK is so perfect... and If Christians only knew... they would collectively voice their opinion to stop these illegal wars on fellow innocent human beings.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Here's another attack on Christians in Syria by NATO supported terrorists (from May):

https://21stcenturywire.com/2019/05/12/massacre-of-children-in-syrian-christian-town-of-al-suqalibiyah-on-borders-of-north-hama-and-idlib/

It's the same circumstances as US policies towards Iran: The media does a terrible job of accurately reporting facts about who is doing what in the region. Including being diverted by their pastors, average Christians have no means of understanding what are the consequences of almost hidden foreign policies.

The name of the website IAK is so perfect... and If Christians only knew... they would collectively voice their opinion to stop these illegal wars on fellow innocent human beings.
I think it is a dangerous thing then the words “US” and “Christian” become used synonymously.

DavidSon

Star
I think it is a dangerous thing then the words “US” and “Christian” become used synonymously.
Historically the US is Christian. I think it was posted there are some 60 million evangelicals of who 80% support groups like CUFI. For the most part people here have good intentions, it's just that the facts are purposely kept out of sight.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Historically the US is Christian. I think it was posted there are some 60 million evangelicals of who 80% support groups like CUFI. For the most part people here have good intentions, it's just that the facts are purposely kept out of sight.
Wind back 1000 years, do you think there might have been any genuine Christians caught up in the “Holy Roman Empire”?

What was done in the name of the faith held by genuine, honest believers may have been cynical, dominionist folly. Regardless, it says nothing of the faith of the ordinary followed of Jesus who lived during those times.

DavidSon

Star
Wind back 1000 years, do you think there might have been any genuine Christians caught up in the “Holy Roman Empire”?

What was done in the name of the faith held by genuine, honest believers may have been cynical, dominionist folly. Regardless, it says nothing of the faith of the ordinary followed of Jesus who lived during those times.
Sure, I think we're saying the same thing. I'm adding the caveat that ordinary folk are being purposefully misinformed. If the masses knew the US led coalitions, in union with Israel and UAE, were the ones training/arming terrorists to destabilize regions, they'd probably rally to oppose these policies.

elsbet

Superstar
If my sense of history serves me correctly @DesertRose the nations surrounding Israel in 1948 were the ones that “had” while Israel had nothing. How they survived at all past their first year as a nation was nothing short of miraculous
..... Here we can have 2 excerpts from the words of Mahatma Gandhi on this matter:

"It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home. The nobler course would be to insist on a just treatment of the Jews wherever they are born and bred. The Jews born in France are French in precisely the same sense that Christians born in France are French."

and:

"If I were a Jew and were born in Germany and earned my livelihood there, I would claim Germany as my home even as the tallest gentile German might, and challenge him to shoot me or cast me in the dungeon; I would refuse to be expelled or to submit to discriminating treatment. And for doing this I should not wait for! the fellow Jews to join me in civil resistance, but
would have confidence that in the end the rest were bound to follow my example.... ...

And now a word to the Jews in Palestine. I have no doubt that they are going about it in the wrong way. The Palestine of the Biblical conception is not a geographical tract. It is in their hearts. But if they must look to the Palestine of geography as their national home, it is wrong to enter it under the shadow of the British gun. A religious act cannot be performed with the aid of the bayonet or the bomb. They can settle in Palestine only by the goodwill of the Arabs. They should seek to convert the Arab heart.

The same God rules the Arab heart who rules the Jewish heart... They will find the world opinion in their favor in their religious aspiration. There are hundreds of ways of reasoning with the Arabs, if they will only discard the help of the British bayonet. As it is, they are co-sharers with the British in despoiling a people who have done no wrong to them. I am not defending the Arab excesses. I wish they had chosen the way of non-violence in resisting what they rightly regarded as an unwarrantable encroachment upon their country. But according to the accepted canons of right and wrong, nothing can be said against the Arab resistance in the face of overwhelming odds."
for more:
https://www.countercurrents.org/pa-gandhi170903.htm
Mahatma Ghandi was dead before Israel even began their first year as a nation.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Sure, I think we're saying the same thing. I'm adding the caveat that ordinary folk are being purposefully misinformed. If the masses knew the US led coalitions, in union with Israel and UAE, were the ones training/arming terrorists to destabilize regions, they'd probably rally to oppose these policies.
True. Unfortunately, if one has been told time and again that Islam is the enemy of their country, religion and way of life, they’ll have a hard time believing that their own country is arming Islamic terrorists.

I thought it was very interesting that the talk of the “threat of sharia law taking over” came from Neocons like Frank Gaffney. Beliefs that trickled down, right into the conspiracy community and are often voiced even on the forum. Which leaves one to ask: how many sharia laws over ‘Israel laws” have been passed by congress/senate in the last 2yrs?

Its the same thing with people like Pompeo/Daniel Pipes saying that terrorism is a fight of Islam against Christianity and then one wonders how many Muslims or terrorist leaders/their fathers were in attendance at the 1979 Jerusalem summit on international terrorism. Again, the same beliefs are voiced in conspiracy circles.

"The primary architects of the JCIT’s “international terrorism” project were, “present and former members of the Israeli and United States governments, new right politicians, high-ranking former United States and Israeli intelligence officers, the anti-détente, pro-cold war group associated with the policies of Senator Henry M. Jackson, a group of neoconservative journalists and intellectuals…, and reactionary British and French politicians and publicists..."

The elder Pipes was even present at the conference.

DavidSon

Star
True. Unfortunately, if one has been told time and again that Islam is the enemy of their country, religion and way of life, they’ll have a hard time believing that their own country is arming Islamic terrorists.

I thought it was very interesting that the talk of the “threat of sharia law taking over” came from Neocons like Frank Gaffney. Beliefs that trickled down, right into the conspiracy community and are often voiced even on the forum. Which leaves one to ask: how many sharia laws over ‘Israel laws” have been passed by congress/senate in the last 2yrs?

Its the same thing with people like Pompeo/Daniel Pipes saying that terrorism is a fight of Islam against Christianity and then one wonders how many Muslims or terrorist leaders/their fathers were in attendance at the 1979 Jerusalem summit on international terrorism. Again, the same beliefs are voiced in conspiracy circles.

"The primary architects of the JCIT’s “international terrorism” project were, “present and former members of the Israeli and United States governments, new right politicians, high-ranking former United States and Israeli intelligence officers, the anti-détente, pro-cold war group associated with the policies of Senator Henry M. Jackson, a group of neoconservative journalists and intellectuals…, and reactionary British and French politicians and publicists..."

The elder Pipes was even present at the conference.
I appreciate the info you and a few of the more informed members are sharing. Admittedly I have previously been less attached to the events of the world. The posts linking (for example) the Oden plan, this JCIT project that was actually before international terrorism became prevalent, along with other neocon think-tanks pre-9-/11... the pieces start to fall into place and it's earth shattering.

Younger people or less knowledgeable ones like myself don't know who Pipes or Frank Gaffney are. Now I have a lead to search further into the reality of this diabolical network. Again please keep educating here or any places you're at. Even if articles were posted say last year, re-post them because new people are lurking and those threads can get lost in the abyss. Your knowledge might seem like old news to you but it's so important to help others connect the dots.

I seriously believe if social media can get diet pepsi to change their formula we can raise people's attention enough to challenge some of these wars. If even one life is improved it's worth the effort. God Bless!

DavidSon

Star
Antichrist will rule the Zionist New World Order -

Palestinian Christians under Israeli occupation speak out
I watched the interview with E. Mullins and wow, what a prolific researcher. Did you notice how many of his YT videos in the series were deleted?

"Eustace Mullins, godfather of Conspiracy writers, was the most dangerous man in America according to FBI director Hoover. He found out too much that people in power would prefer to remain hidden so they could continue their dirty work unhindered by unwanted inquiries.... Eustace Mullins describes the FBI's persecution in his book "A Writ for Martyrs." The FBI-files are full of blacked out parts, showing it's utter contempt for people's right to know. Thank God that much of his information is still available. For it is very important to know the truth, for if we do not, the hidden rulers can tell us anything. That is why they want to control the world through our access of information. That is why they control the media and want to control the Internet also. Here is a list of links to books by Eustace Mullins. Download them and share the links and the books with EVERYONE YOU KNOW!"

"WAR WAR WAR!" Download it from this link: https://ia601503.us.archive.org/27/it...
Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The Curse of Canaan." http://johnkaminski.info/pages/the_ne... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "Murder By Injection." https://humanbeingsfirst.files.wordpr... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The Biological Jew." http://marucha.files.wordpress.com/20... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "New History of theJews.https://ia601505.us.archive.org/18/it...
Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The World Order" http://www.iamthewitness.com/books/Eu... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "My Life in Christ." http://newensign.christsassembly.com/... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "This Difficult Individual:Ezra Pound" http://nationalvanguard.org/books/mul...
Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The r*pe of Justice: America's Tribunals Exposed" https://archive.org/details/EustaceMu...

elsbet

Superstar
^^^There is a problem here. Care to comment?

Is the New Testament Antisemitic?

"Our Christian brothers and sisters are beginning to address antisemitic attitudes and verses that are a part of the New Testament. In his Removing Anti-Jewish Polemic from our Christian Lectionaries: A Proposal, Norman A. Beck lists about 450 examples of explicitly antisemitic verses throughout the Synoptic Gospels (Matt, Mark, and Luke) and the Acts of the Apostles. Jews are referred to as vipers and poisonous snakes, hard-hearted and hypocrites, thieves and robbers, and the blind guiding the blind. We are told that they reject the commandments, reject God’s purpose, and plotted on multiple occasions to kill Jesus and eventually did. The Gospel According to John makes these assertions: God’s word and God’s love are not with the Jews; none of the Jews do what is written in the Torah; they know neither Jesus nor the father; and they are descendants of their own father, who is not God but Satan.

Whenever unnamed Jews appear, they do so almost always as villains. When unnamed Gentiles appear, they almost always heed the words of the gospels and say random things like “Truly this was the son of God!” as one Roman centurion exclaims at the crucifixion as Jewish crowds revel in Jesus’ pain. Romans, known by historians for their unfettered willingness to kill, are shown repeatedly in the New Testament as trying to save Jesus and his followers, notably Paul. Even in cases where the gentiles ignore the apostles or try to kill them, as occurs in Iconium and Antioch, we are told on both occasions that the Jews had first “stirred up the other Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.”

With antisemitism resurgent in America and across the globe, and with our evangelical brothers especially joining in its condemnation, the Jewish community should work with our Christian brothers to ensure that any antisemitic verses in one of the most widely read Bibles on earth be formally repudiated and be re-interpreted clearly, securely, and anew."
The author is one of Oprah's false prophets, like Joel Osteen and that smarmy guy, Eckhart Tolle.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I appreciate the info you and a few of the more informed members are sharing. Admittedly I have previously been less attached to the events of the world. The posts linking (for example) the Oden plan, this JCIT project that was actually before international terrorism became prevalent, along with other neocon think-tanks pre-9-/11... the pieces start to fall into place and it's earth shattering.

Younger people or less knowledgeable ones like myself don't know who Pipes or Frank Gaffney are. Now I have a lead to search further into the reality of this diabolical network. Again please keep educating here or any places you're at. Even if articles were posted say last year, re-post them because new people are lurking and those threads can get lost in the abyss. Your knowledge might seem like old news to you but it's so important to help others connect the dots.

I seriously believe if social media can get diet pepsi to change their formula we can raise people's attention enough to challenge some of these wars. If even one life is improved it's worth the effort. God Bless!
Thank you. Iam actually the same age as my avatar. :) Anyway, Serveto linked me to this website and its like the Wikipedia for Neocons. I’ve found it to be an invaluable source of information. So a big thanks to him. Personally, I don’t ignore some names dropped within the individual profiles. I follow them on and pick up more information.

Here is:
Daniel Pipes’ profile. Aswell, this article that Orwell’s mentor linked to might interest you because they are interconnected.

He is a Jerusalem Summit member and I found this declaration somewhere else. He isn’t reported as having been present.
In October 2003, the highly symbolic King David Hotel hosted a “Jerusalem Summit”, whose participants comprised three acting Israeli ministers, including Benjamin Netanyahu, and Richard Perle as guest of honor. They signed a declaration that recognized Jerusalem’s “special authority to become a center of world’s unity,” and professed:

“We believe that one of the objectives of Israel’s divinely-inspired rebirth is to make it the center of the new unity of the nations, which will lead to an era of peace and prosperity, foretold by the Prophets.”
www.jerusalemsummit.org/eng/declaration.php. The page is defunct but you can follow the link to the home page within his profile.

Gary Bauer.
A PNAC founding member who sits on the board on CUFI. What could possibly go wrong? To me it says a lot about Hagee and his little outfit. I pity the people that donate to CUFI. I remember watching a telecast of his, some years back, and it was about honoring the vets/troops. Ironic, if you ask me.

Frank Gaffney and his Sharia nonsense, that is repeated by woke people. A PNAC founding member.

This paper mentioned here might interest you aswell.

“Research that dates back to 1982 reveals that at the same time that the CIA was incubating the nascent 'Arab Foreign Legion' in Afghanistan, in Israel, some familiar names were busily framing the concept of "International Terrorism" at the 'Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism'. A paper by a student named Phillip Paul titled, “International Terrorism”: The Propaganda War, (available at the San Francisco State University Library for review), has been cited separately by independent researcher Diana Ralph.”

Renegade

Veteran
I watched the interview with E. Mullins and wow, what a prolific researcher. Did you notice how many of his YT videos in the series were deleted?

"Eustace Mullins, godfather of Conspiracy writers, was the most dangerous man in America according to FBI director Hoover. He found out too much that people in power would prefer to remain hidden so they could continue their dirty work unhindered by unwanted inquiries.... Eustace Mullins describes the FBI's persecution in his book "A Writ for Martyrs." The FBI-files are full of blacked out parts, showing it's utter contempt for people's right to know. Thank God that much of his information is still available. For it is very important to know the truth, for if we do not, the hidden rulers can tell us anything. That is why they want to control the world through our access of information. That is why they control the media and want to control the Internet also. Here is a list of links to books by Eustace Mullins. Download them and share the links and the books with EVERYONE YOU KNOW!"

"WAR WAR WAR!" Download it from this link: https://ia601503.us.archive.org/27/it...
Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The Curse of Canaan." http://johnkaminski.info/pages/the_ne... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "Murder By Injection." https://humanbeingsfirst.files.wordpr... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The Biological Jew." http://marucha.files.wordpress.com/20... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "New History of theJews.https://ia601505.us.archive.org/18/it...
Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The World Order" http://www.iamthewitness.com/books/Eu... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "My Life in Christ." http://newensign.christsassembly.com/... Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "This Difficult Individual:Ezra Pound" http://nationalvanguard.org/books/mul...
Freely download this excellent IMPORTANT book by Eustace Mullins "The r*pe of Justice: America's Tribunals Exposed" https://archive.org/details/EustaceMu...
You forgot this gem..
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t678967-5/
An appreciation

by Eustace Mullins

Eventually America must admit her debt to Adolf Hitler for it was Hitler who
first called upon all Aryan people to unite and challenge Jewish economic and
political power. It was Hitler who first enunciated the doctrine of national
self-determination and led the armies of Aryan Europe in a great crusade
against the Godless Jews of the Kremlin. Hitler, like Christ before him, was
crucified on a Cross of Gold through the duplicity of his own Christian people.

DavidSon

Star
You forgot this gem..
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t678967-5/
An appreciation

by Eustace Mullins

Eventually America must admit her debt to Adolf Hitler for it was Hitler who
first called upon all Aryan people to unite and challenge Jewish economic and
political power. It was Hitler who first enunciated the doctrine of national
self-determination and led the armies of Aryan Europe in a great crusade
against the Godless Jews of the Kremlin. Hitler, like Christ before him, was
crucified on a Cross of Gold through the duplicity of his own Christian people.
Well "I" didn't forget anything, because my post was a copy of a bio and links.

Thanks for the heads up though. I can't even tap that link, if it is what I think. I'll have to look into his work but from that quote it's not the direction I wish to move in. That type of nonsense can be used to muddy the waters of dissent and eventually silence genuine critique.

DavidSon

Star
This is from an article on Dylan which shows shows quite well how original "dispensational premillennialism" was hijacked by a political movement.. The author lectures in political science at a reformed Calvinist college so doesn't seem to be an apologist...

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/25/bob-dylan-and-christian-zionism/

Part of the late 1970s evangelical revival in the U.S. was a growth of Zionism among American Christians. It dovetailed with the migration of millions of ex-passive and ex-Democratic voters into the hawkish Republican Party. It was also connected with the popularity of Hal Lindsey’s book The Late Great Planet Earth, which depicted Israel and the communist Soviet and Chinese governments as military opponents in the soon-to-occur Battle of Armageddon. Hence politics and religion, nationalism and exegesis, were combined into a potent movement. The Moral Majority of Jerry Falwell and the 700 Club of Pat Robertson were two institutional manifestations of this movement.

This was the national religious context at the time Bob Dylan was converted to Christ in 1978-79. It would have made some sense if he had become a new leader of the Christian Zionist movement. He is Jewish. Even before his conversion, he believed in God and was familiar with the Hebrew Scriptures. In Hibbing, Minnesota, his parents were leaders in the local Hadassah (a women’s Zionist organization) and B’nai B’rith. He spent some of his boyhood summers near Webster, Wisconsin, attending Herzl Camp, a Jewish summer camp with a Zionist focus. He visited Israel in the early 1970s. He was interested in End Times prophecy and embraced the premillennial dispensational interpretation of Lindsey. And yet Dylan did not become a leading Christian Zionist. Why not? There are three reasons.

Dylan’s newfound Christianity was in many ways less-culture-bound than the average American evangelical at the time (partly because it was new and he approached the Bible with the fresh eyes of a convert). The type of Christianity to which Dylan belonged during his early months as a believer was the latter-day Jesus Movement. The Jesus People had a Christ Against Culture theological ethic which meant that they strived to be less culturally-co-opted (worldly) than mainstream Christians in America. Of course, the Jesus People had their own cultural traits but support for the Israeli government and support for Cold War militarism and U.S. imperialism were not among these traits.

A second reason that Dylan did not go the route of Christian Zionism is that he had a more-spiritual, less-politicized understanding of Bible eschatology (study of the Last Things or End Times). The late nineteenth-century/early twentieth-century theological movement known as dispensational premillennialism is often credited or blamed for post-1967 Christian Zionism among American evangelicals. But this is not accurate. The Scofield Reference Bible has little to do with the devotion to the Israeli government—mostly to the Likud Party—that is so prevalent among evangelical Christians belonging to the Republican Party.

From the perspective of Bob Dylan and similar premillennialists, C.I. Scofield and the dispensationalists (including Lindsey) were correct in saying that God has not forgotten his promises to the Jewish people. The Old Testament promises cannot simply be spiritualized or applied to the Church. That is too self-serving and not faithful to the scriptural record. Israel as an ethnic and historical entity did not disappear with the first advent and promises given to Israel did not simply vanish. Traditionally, Christians believe that in the Last Days there will be a consummation of those promises in a way that includes not only the Church but also Israel. Dylan and other believers think that Jesus Christ will reign from Jerusalem but it will not be a specifically Jewish kingdom. It will be a universal Kingdom that includes the believing remnant of Israel. According to Revelation—one of Dylan’s favorite books—the New Jerusalem will bear the names of the twelve apostles of Christ and the twelve tribes of Israel.

A.C. Gaebelein was a consulting editor for the original Scofield Reference Bible (1909), a contributor to The Fundamentals (1910-15), and a prominent Bible teacher at premillennial conferences. He was an evangelist to Jews in New York City and was very pro-Jewish in the sense of having a love for Jewish people. He was knowledgeable in Hebrew, was an Old Testament scholar, and edited Our Hope, a Bible prophecy magazine that looked forward to God’s eventual restoration of the Jews to Palestine.[1] However, unlike fellow dispensationalist William Blackstone, Gaebelein “consistently warned against alliance with the Zionists.” In 1905, he wrote, “Zionism is not the divinely promised restoration of Israel . . . [It] is not the fulfillment of the large number of predictions found in the Old Testament Scriptures, which relates to Israel’s return to the land. Indeed, Zionism has very little use of argument from the Word of God. It is rather a political and philanthropic undertaking. . . . The great movement is one of unbelief and confidence in themselves instead of God’s eternal purposes.”[2]

Gaebelein exemplified a type of premillennial eschatology that had apolitical or anarchistic implications. As George Marsden notes, “Premillennialism taught that no trust should be put in kings or governments and that no government would be specially blessed by God until the coming of the King who would personally lead in defeating the forces of Satan.” This perspective not only dampened Gaebelein’s enthusiasm for Zionism but it also led him to oppose U.S. involvement in World War I, in 1917, before he eventually succumbed to worldly pro-war jingoism.

Today, few Christian Zionists are taking their marching orders from the Scofield Bible. It is not a common item of study or interest. Dispensationalism is a small subsection of evangelicalism. Since the 1970s, far more evangelicals have been influenced by the teachings of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Paul Crouch, John Hagee, et al., than by C.I. Scofield, J.N. Darby, Lewis Sperry Chafer, John Walvoord, et al. It is true that the televangelists have embraced a watered-down version of dispensational eschatology, but even that was not handed down directly from Scofield. It is mostly just an emphasis on “Jesus is coming back soon. Israel’s re-founding in 1948 was a sign of the End. America must be Israel’s friend.” There is not much theology there.

For most evangelicals, glorification of the modern state of Israel comes much more out of a few verses in Genesis 12 than from the Day of the Lord chapters in Daniel, the rapture passage in I Thessalonians, or the tribulation/millennial chapters in Revelation. Even the Genesis passage is often a scriptural pretext for worldly geopolitics that centers on devotion to specific governments—namely, the United States and Israel. Whether in the context of the Cold War, the War on Terror, anti-Arab/Muslim sentiment, or Jewish ethnic (not religious) loyalty, this is more political than theological. God is being used in service to Country.

Modern Israel is not ancient Israel. Many Orthodox Jews opposed the pre-1948 Zionist movement because they believed that the re-creation of Israel must be effected by the Messiah himself. Israel is officially a Jewish state but this refers to ethnicity, not religion. Theodor Herzl (father of modern Zionism), Chaim Weizmann (founding president of Israel), and David Ben-Gurion (founding prime minister of Israel) were secularists if not atheists. They did not embrace the religion of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Yet, blank-check support for the Israeli government is the norm among Bible-believing white Protestants.
By the way @Renegade I had wanted to reply what a interesting article this was from back in Feb. This section stands out to me and is worth repeating:

"Today, few Christian Zionists are taking their marching orders from the Scofield Bible. It is not a common item of study or interest. Dispensationalism is a small subsection of evangelicalism. Since the 1970s, far more evangelicals have been influenced by the teachings of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Paul Crouch, John Hagee, et al., than by C.I. Scofield, J.N. Darby, Lewis Sperry Chafer, John Walvoord, et al. It is true that the televangelists have embraced a watered-down version of dispensational eschatology, but even that was not handed down directly from Scofield. It is mostly just an emphasis on “Jesus is coming back soon. Israel’s re-founding in 1948 was a sign of the End. America must be Israel’s friend.” There is not much theology there.

For most evangelicals, glorification of the modern state of Israel comes much more out of a few verses in Genesis 12 than from the Day of the Lord chapters in Daniel, the rapture passage in I Thessalonians, or the tribulation/millennial chapters in Revelation. Even the Genesis passage is often a scriptural pretext for worldly geopolitics that centers on devotion to specific governments—namely, the United States and Israel. Whether in the context of the Cold War, the War on Terror, anti-Arab/Muslim sentiment, or Jewish ethnic (not religious) loyalty, this is more political than theological. God is being used in service to Country.

Modern Israel is not ancient Israel. Many Orthodox Jews opposed the pre-1948 Zionist movement because they believed that the re-creation of Israel must be effected by the Messiah himself. Israel is officially a Jewish state but this refers to ethnicity, not religion. Theodor Herzl (father of modern Zionism), Chaim Weizmann (founding president of Israel), and David Ben-Gurion (founding prime minister of Israel) were secularists if not atheists. They did not embrace the religion of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Yet, blank-check support for the Israeli government is the norm among Bible-believing white Protestants."

Lisa

Superstar
By the way @Renegade I had wanted to reply what a interesting article this was from back in Feb. This section stands out to me and is worth repeating:

"Today, few Christian Zionists are taking their marching orders from the Scofield Bible. It is not a common item of study or interest. Dispensationalism is a small subsection of evangelicalism. Since the 1970s, far more evangelicals have been influenced by the teachings of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Paul Crouch, John Hagee, et al., than by C.I. Scofield, J.N. Darby, Lewis Sperry Chafer, John Walvoord, et al. It is true that the televangelists have embraced a watered-down version of dispensational eschatology, but even that was not handed down directly from Scofield. It is mostly just an emphasis on “Jesus is coming back soon. Israel’s re-founding in 1948 was a sign of the End. America must be Israel’s friend.” There is not much theology there.

Modern Israel is not ancient Israel. Many Orthodox Jews opposed the pre-1948 Zionist movement because they believed that the re-creation of Israel must be effected by the Messiah himself. Israel is officially a Jewish state but this refers to ethnicity, not religion. Theodor Herzl (father of modern Zionism), Chaim Weizmann (founding president of Israel), and David Ben-Gurion (founding prime minister of Israel) were secularists if not atheists. They did not embrace the religion of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Yet, blank-check support for the Israeli government is the norm among Bible-believing white Protestants."
Numbers‬ ‭24:9‬ ‭
Blessed is everyone who blesses you, And cursed is everyone who curses you.​
‭‭

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Modern Israel is not ancient Israel. Many Orthodox Jews opposed the pre-1948 Zionist movement because they believed that the re-creation of Israel must be effected by the Messiah himself. Israel is officially a Jewish state but this refers to ethnicity, not religion.

You are correct. I might add that people don't realise that Argentina, the USSR, Uganda, Japan, and Madagascar were all considered at one time for a Jewish homeland.

DavidSon

Star
Palestine's Christians in need of help

"Recent reports suggest that many American Jews, especially liberals who favor peace based on compromise, are concerned about the growing extremism of the Israeli government. But that isn’t the case for the Christian Evangelicals, who see modern-day Israel as a cornerstone of their religious beliefs. It is beyond me how someone who calls themselves a “Christian” can travel to Israel and the Occupied Territories but never engage in direct communication or commerce with the Christians who struggle to survive in that growing environment of hatred. Christian Evangelists travel using Israeli and Jewish-operated tour guides and never ask or wonder about the Christian tourism industry."