Christian Unity

Lisa

Superstar
there is nothing wrong with the scriptures you quoted, it's your interpretation and application of those scriptures to justify your behavior that are questionable.
Again, tell me where I’m wrong.

Todd

Star
Again, tell me where I’m wrong.
I didn't say you were wrong. I said your justificaton for not wanting to create unity with other believers was questionable. I already pointed out why I thought it was questionable. If you don't agree leave it alone. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, as you have proven unable/unwilling to even consider other prespectives then your own.

Lisa

Superstar
I didn't say you were wrong. I said your justificaton for not wanting to create unity with other believers was questionable. I already pointed out why I thought it was questionable.
I’m not wrong...but I am wrong? Ok

phipps

Star
@Toulouse, I agree with most of what you've written about the spirit in how we post things and why. We want to be fishers of men and not cause division. However, in the Bible there is only one truth. There are no different versions to that truth and if anyone speaks not according to the Bible they should be corrected and shown the truth of God's Word. I think we should also accept that many won't accept that truth nor can we make them. That is the job of the Holy spirit. We point to the truth of God's Word and then pray that God will reveal the truth to them. Blessings to you too.

Sorry but true Christian will never be united with Catholics nor those who believe a false gospel. We can have tea party but will never pray together to Mary.
Sure, demonize Catholics, from whom you've inherited your faith. Or fellow Christians who happen not to conform to your version of Christianity. Curse Allah and muslims, but oy vey if one prays to the Mother of our Saviour, because that's when Saint Peter will say, nah-uh, you're not welcome here, before he shuts the Gate of Heaven in your face.

Lisa

Superstar
Sure, demonize Catholics, from whom you've inherited your faith. Or fellow Christians who happen not to conform to your version of Christianity. Curse Allah and muslims, but oy vey if one prays to the Mother of our Saviour, because that's when Saint Peter will say, nah-uh, you're not welcome here, before he shuts the Gate of Heaven in your face.
No reason to pray to Mary when you can pray to the Father.

floss

Star
The Mother of "our" Saviour CANNOT hear your prayers, she's dead.

The Mother of "our" Saviour CANNOT hear your prayers, she's dead.
1. You don’t know that.
2. The Assumption of Mary is a belief in Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy (basically the relevant Christianities), accounting for 1.6 billion Christians.
3. No one believes salvation is dependent upon praying or not praying to Mary. If you think that’s the case, I’ll ask to Mary to pray for you.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I just watched this Jason A video this morning discussing truth, error and disunity across a number of organisations, including those outside genuine Christianity. It also makes a case for real Christian unity. Very well observed:-

floss

Star
1. You don’t know that.
2. The Assumption of Mary is a belief in Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy (basically the relevant Christianities), accounting for 1.6 billion Christians.
3. No one believes salvation is dependent upon praying or not praying to Mary. If you think that’s the case, I’ll ask to Mary to pray for you.
1. Did Mary ascended to the right hand of the Father?
2. 1.6 billions Catholics need to wake up
3. Praying to Mary in itself is blasphemous and overall useless, salvation or not. JESUS is the only one can make intercession. Bro, you are spiritually blinded from the truth, your belief that the OT God is the devil has something to do with that. Anyway man, I hope you humbly repent so God can pull down these walls, then you can see like Paul did.

1. Did Mary ascended to the right hand of the Father?
2. 1.6 billions Catholics need to wake up
3. Praying to Mary in itself is blasphemous and overall useless, salvation or not. JESUS is the only one can make intercession. Bro, you are spiritually blinded from the truth, your belief that the OT God is the devil has something to do with that. Anyway man, I hope you humbly repent so God can pull down these walls, then you can see like Paul did.
If Paul was still alive, he'd pull your head out of the sand and tell you to stop digging in the dirt in search of light. You are so afraid of not complying to the T the instructions in "god's" manual that you are unable to distinguish vice from virtue yourself. Your mind and heart are veiled if you think venerating the God-bearer will earn you hellfire. That's what it means when I say the thieves and robbers steal souls through the old law. That is what it means to be spiritually blinded, that you can't recognize the law of God, good and evil, unless you're being told by a book.

Paul: "And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

You are not freed by the spirit of the Lord, but are in bondage to the Law.

Pray that one day you'll understand.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Your mind and heart are veiled if you think venerating the God-bearer will earn you hellfire.
It’s who you’re ignoring worshipping Mary that will get you thrown in. And it’s not really veneration but worship and God states very clearly that we can’t have any gods before him.