Christian Unity

It’s who you’re ignoring worshipping Mary that will get you thrown in. And it’s not really veneration but worship and God states very clearly that we can’t have any gods before him.
You read what I write, but you don't understand it. Understand it first.

Lisa

Superstar
Explain in your own words what is immoral about venerating the Mother of Jesus.
I think @floss got it right with the pic he posted...that “veneration” is in actuality...worship and takes people attention...heart, mind and soul away from God where it should be and that’s what is wrong with “venerating” Mary.
She isn’t God, she is not part of God and she should not be venerated/worshipped as though she was. It’s not Biblical and therefore wrong, wrong and wrong! That the catholic church sees nothing wrong with it makes my case that it is a false gospel and true Christians should have nothing to do with a false gospel and shouldn’t give it legitimacy as being “christian”. The truth matters and is the difference between true faith and false.

I asked because I knew your answer, that it’s wrong because it’s not biblical. A book is the litmus and scope of your moral compass. You have no independent thought and no knowledge of good and evil and are therefore an easy target for the thieves and robbers.

Lisa

Superstar
I asked because I knew your answer, that it’s wrong because it’s not biblical. A book is the litmus and scope of your moral compass. You have no independent thought and no knowledge of good and evil and are therefore an easy target for the thieves and robbers.
No because my litmus test..the Bible is the plumb line..it is the ultimate truth about God being inspired by Him. To doubt it and to question it as just an ordinary book limits the power it actually has and dilutes the knowledge of God to the traditions of man from man made religions. And we aren’t supposed to do that. We are supposed to look towards God’s word for truth and to base what we believe on it. Without God’s word as the plumb line we swerve away into myth and falsehoods and we are easily deceived then.

No because my litmus test..the Bible is the plumb line..it is the ultimate truth about God being inspired by Him. To doubt it and to question it as just an ordinary book limits the power it actually has and dilutes the knowledge of God to the traditions of man from man made religions. And we aren’t supposed to do that. We are supposed to look towards God’s word for truth and to base what we believe on it. Without God’s word as the plumb line we swerve away into myth and falsehoods and we are easily deceived then.
The ultimate truth or reality is the Logos. Its manifestation is not limited to the Bible and the Bible is not exclusively Logos. Anyone can manifest Logos by speaking Truth. How will you recognize it without the Bible as your point of reference? If all the Bibles in the world go up in flames, would you be suddenly lost?

Lisa

Superstar
The ultimate truth or reality is the Logos. Its manifestation is not limited to the Bible and the Bible is not exclusively Logos. Anyone can manifest Logos by speaking Truth. How will you recognize it without the Bible as your point of reference? If all the Bibles in the world go up in flames, would you be suddenly lost?
Don’t you think that God can keep a copy available for people..for we are saved by the word are we not?

Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.​
‭‭

Don’t you think that God can keep a copy available for people..for we are saved by the word are we not?

Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.​
‭‭
God isn't a book publisher. His Word thrives on the Holy Spirit.

Lisa

Superstar
God isn't a book publisher. His Word thrives on the Holy Spirit.
He is an author..He’s inspired the Bible and what’s more He wants people to be saved so He is going to make sure that people can access His word. That isn’t impossible for the one created us and the world we live in.

Toulouse

Established
Greetings Toulouse in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus The Christ, who is our mercy seat and our righteousness before the Father, and is our hope of Eternal life, Which God, who cannot lie, promised before the world began. There are many enemies of the cross of Christ who in forums, teach their own self willed doctrines who pervert the gospel of God in Jesus the Christ. The self willed intrude self will into the sphere of Divine authority. There is the visible church (the religious) and the born again believer. You must be born again. Christ suffered the many rejections of the religious, but we must contend for the faith, putting on the full armor of God. There are a few brothers on this forum that are mature born again believers. Do not give up, but let those who oppose The doctrine of Christ, make us dig deeper and rely more upon knowing our savior and correctly dividing the word of God. The visible church is many, but the body of Christ is few in these last days. I am non denominational.
In God's mercy and grace,
Douglas Summers
Thank you, Douglas Summers. My apologies for not responding. I worship in my covenant community (not a church) with many people from non denominational churches. I have learned much from them. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I agree. There is a lot immaturity and "projecting" on these forums. Be blessed my friend.

Toulouse

Established
The point of the thread is we should all just get along...the point of my post is why we can’t just all get along.
Ephesians 1:10: "to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment--to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."

Sorry but true Christian will never be united with Catholics nor those who believe a false gospel. We can have tea party but will never pray together to Mary.
That part! I don't know why people think catholics and Christians are the same.

Toulouse

Established
That part! I don't know why people think catholics and Christians are the same.
The name/word "catholic/Catholic" is Greek for universal. In the 100s, the first followers of Jesus, and friends of the Apostles, were first called Christians in Antioch (think Lebanon) in 37 AD. About 60 years later, the early fathers, those who put the New Testament together along with the Old Testament, began using the term universal, because they all believed the same thing. They had traditions that they followed that carried over into Europe and became part of the early church. In short, the first Christians were the first Catholics. No self-respecting historian would deny this.

Lisa

Superstar
Ephesians 1:10: "to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment--to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."
So, by quoting that verse, you think God is telling us all to get along? Even when there is a different gospel to the one in the Bible? You do know what Paul told is about people with a different gospel is, don’t you?
Galatians‬ ‭1:6-9‬ ‭
I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!​
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
In short, the first Christians were the first Catholics. No self-respecting historian would deny this.
I think that’s what the catholics would like to believe...but I don’t think that the first Christians were the first catholics at all..but those wolves that came into the church..
Acts‬ ‭20:29-30‬ ‭
I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.​
‭‭