Christian Persecution Vs. Subversion

Damien50

Star
Let's talk modern day Christian Persecution and or it's subversion. I mean specifically against Christianity and not morality and values in general but the onslaught against doctrine and it's adherents.

Violette

Star
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2017/02/07/commentary/world-commentary/anti-christian-religious-persecution-rise/#.WTTI9YVOmaO

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/asia/china-religious-persecution-christianity/index.html

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/10/christian-persecution-increases-in-middle-east/

"We must ask ourselves: How long will we allow Christians to be the most persecuted people in the world? Until there are none left in Iraq or Syria? Until Boko Haram wipes them out of Nigeria and Hindu nationalists completely ban them from Indian society?"

JoChris

Superstar
Let's talk modern day Christian Persecution and or it's subversion. I mean specifically against Christianity and not morality and values in general but the onslaught against doctrine and it's adherents.
For attacks from within the church, apparently USA Christianity has a major problem with it and Australia's not far behind.

Fancy title is Moral Therapeutic Deism.

JoChris

Superstar
Do you consider Catholics as Christians?
Speaking as an ex Roman Catholic:
I believe some are, but that is DESPITE the RC church, not because of it.
A true Christian who learns how much the RCC has departed from the bible will eventually leave that church.

A true Christian who learns how much the RCC has departed from the bible will eventually leave that church.
ironic isn't it?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
What about Eastern Orthodoxy?
Does it depart from the Bible too?

rainerann

Star
The prophecy says that there will be a falling away before the man of lawlessness is revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3). As an American, we can see that over the years Christianity has been fairly successful in overcoming some of the initial persecution it experienced. There are a couple Christian bookstores in my city where I can buy a Bible anytime I want. I have pleasant conversations about going to church with people at work who are Christian and not Christian. The worst I have really been accused of by secularists is that I am overzealous, but Christianity has some measure of respect where I am, so even when I am overzealous most people think it is still good that I am Christian rather than a drug dealer or some other something that creates a hazard to society.

Isaiah 9:7 says "Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end." We can see that His government has increased significantly and a religion that once suffered great persecution now has some degree of influence.

John 10:10 says, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

We can see that places where Christianity has increased, there has also been a corresponding increase in the quality of life.

Therefore, the persecution that we are witnessing is beginning with the accusation that neither of these two things had anything to do with the status of the Western world. Christianity had nothing to do with this. The increasing influence of the western world was just some random manifestation that could have happened anywhere. It has nothing to do with what the Bible said would happen. It was not because so many people believed the Bible before. It was some random evolution.

The world is trying to strip Christianity's influence the way Joseph's brothers stripped Jacob of his coat of many colors and sold him into slavery. They did this through deception. Jacob would have never expected his brothers to betray him, and so Christian persecution will come through deception as well.

Deception that will lead to a falling away and with this falling away will come persecution, but a falling away is required because there is still too much power in the name of Jesus to take what we have gained by force.

In conclusion, it is not beatings that you are looking for when you are investigating Christian persecution in the modern sense. You are looking for people who lie about Christianity. They are the ones persecuting the church in the modern world.

JoChris

Superstar
According to JoChris?
If Google is used correctly Google is a wonderful friend. If Google is not used carefully an undiscerning person will get atheist/ cults answers to bible questions included amongst the Christian results.

"Buyer Beware". If in doubt, get a bible (or bible website) out.
* Check the verses are kept in context. Bible verses out of context immediately disqualifies the website.
* Opinion or fact? EVIDENCE please.
* Qualifications of website creator e.g. Dr of Science means nothing when they're discussing Theology
* Look at Statement of Beliefs to understand perspective/ biases of writer/s.

JoChris

Superstar
Wow. That last one is a direct contradiction of scripture. Osteen smh.
And Osteen is one of the top TV evangelists. I wonder what Osteen will say when personal illness or tragedy arrives in his own life. Death is a part of life. Not every Christian's life in this world will be easy.

Compare the apostles' lives/ early church with these TV evangelists' lives: they suffered persecution and martyrdom, not huge $$$$$ and worldly success. According to people like Joel Osteen they didn't have enough faith.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
And Osteen is one of the top TV evangelists. I wonder what Osteen will say when personal illness or tragedy arrives in his own life. Death is a part of life. Not every Christian's life in this world will be easy.

Compare the apostles' lives/ early church with these TV evangelists' lives: they suffered persecution and martyrdom, not huge $$$$$ and worldly success. According to people like Joel Osteen they didn't have enough faith.
Do you know about Jabez's prayer in 1 Chronicles 4:10 as one of verses as the basis of prosperity gospel?

"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request."

There is no other mention of Jabez again in another passages/scriptures.
So, there is no other context which we could use to interpret that only passage to support our "suffering theology".

rainerann

Star
Do you know about Jabez's prayer in 1 Chronicles 4:10 as one of verses as the basis of prosperity gospel?

"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request."

There is no other mention of Jabez again in another passages/scriptures.
So, there is no other context which we could use to interpret that only passage to support our "suffering theology".
I'm pretty sure that prosperity gospel is a presumptuous interpretation of Malachi 3:10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."