Chinese database found with "breed ready" status of 1.8 million women

Dalit

Star
This is a scary story. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-12/chinese-database-lists-breedready-status-of-1.8-million-women/10891644

If China is trying to make up for its cruel 1 child only policy by tracking available women then other western countries with low birth rates might do it as well.
"According to Mr Gevers's findings, the youngest woman in the database was just 15 years old, while the oldest was 95. About 82 per cent of the women lived in Beijing.

The database also showed that nearly 90 per cent of the women were single and their average age was 32."

Eew. Just eew. Is it the Chinese version of A Handmaid's Tale? Wonder if there are any OfWangs, OfZhangs, and OfLis now.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Falling birth rates have been quite the topic on the forum lately. Handmaid's tale = Predictive programming?

Dalit

Star
Falling birth rates have been quite the topic on the forum lately. Handmaid's tale = Predictive programming?
I wouldn't doubt it, Karly! Margaret Atwood's novel was published in 1985, which is right after the year 1984. Coincidence? :)

Etagloc

Superstar
The Handmaid's Tale would society moving from one extreme to an opposite extreme...... I am not saying it is morally right...... but I think it would make sense on some level and match prophecies.... I mean it would make sense in that.... look how many women are openly turning against God....... they're running around begging for Divine punishment..... I've never seen or read the Handmaid's Tale so I don't know much about it...... but I think it would make perfect sense if there was some Divine punishment...... the women (not all but many) are openly running around trying to destroy traditional morality, religion and begging for Divine punishment...... they shouldn't even be allowed to do that...... no one should have the freedom to run around and destroy the foundations of society......

but it not only would make sense that they would provoke Divine Punishment....... it is to be expected.... there has to be some kind of reaction..... many of these women are challenging God...... no society in its right mind would celebrate P***y Riot, for example..... Russia apparently said "you must be out of your mind, you lunatics"...... and arrested them....

any sane society would stand up and cheer.... the state defended society..... the US celebrates that sort of thing.... women are marching in states of undress in the name of women's equality..... if women's rights means abortions and marching naked, to hell with women's rights!..... but women have rights.... women have natural rights from their Creator, just as men have rights......

anyways..... some kind of..... something has to happen...... society can't become even more anti-family continuously...... women have no right whatsoever to march topless on the sidewalk..... and women have no right to kill their babies for convenience...... neither sex has any right to commit sexual sins......

I do not believe in the value of the individual..... I believe the individual is of limited worth...... I believe men should be sent to die if necessary..... men don't have a right to live...... I don't believe in sending women to die....... so I expect much less from women...... but I think every person has to build society...... if a woman has 12 kids..... wow...... I'm not saying every woman should have 12 kids but a woman who has 12 kids is a hero for society..... a woman who is a great lawyer but has no kids...... what has she done?.....,. she's helped die out society...... the man who is a great lawyer has like six kids by three different women...... that's not cool but at least he is reproducing....

I was told when I was very young..... God told Adam and Eve be fruitful and multiply...... people have a duty to their ancestors, to their grandparents, etc..... they should be fruitful and multiply......

i think a handmaid's tale infringes on women's rights....... women's rights have to be respected..... but I wouldn't really be surprised...... men my age have a much different view of women than older generations.....

Etagloc

Superstar
if I understand right, in handmaiden's tale, women are coerced into having babies.....

I don't think you should coerce it..... but I think society should incentivize it......

women are dying their hair blue because the media and educational system are convincing them to go that direction........

now if you actually work so that there are benefits for having babies.... and you have the media and educational system convincing women (and men) to wait until marriage........ if the media, etc. is glorifying waiting until marriage....

if you see a happy couple on TV in the ad saying "we chose to be pure" and it's really glamorous.... just do that on a massive scale......

if that happened, it wouldn't be a utopia but it would be a much better society...... and also encourage the masses to believe in God

the masses are sheep....

Dalit

Star
if I understand right, in handmaiden's tale, women are coerced into having babies.....

I don't think you should coerce it..... but I think society should incentivize it......

women are dying their hair blue because the media and educational system are convincing them to go that direction........

now if you actually work so that there are benefits for having babies.... and you have the media and educational system convincing women (and men) to wait until marriage........ if the media, etc. is glorifying waiting until marriage....

if you see a happy couple on TV in the ad saying "we chose to be pure" and it's really glamorous.... just do that on a massive scale......

if that happened, it wouldn't be a utopia but it would be a much better society...... and also encourage the masses to believe in God

the masses are sheep....
John Green (YA author of The Fault in Our Stars) gives a crash course in The Handmaid's Tale.

Even though I've only seen the 1st season of this show and never read the book, I feel like it's an important book given John Green's explanation and quotes from it and even from the comments of readers on YouTube. This book touches people deeply.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Etagloc said:
I don't believe in the value of the individual.
Most of what's happening in our world today is tending to the ultimate goal...the atomization.
Trust in society is down, rise in one-person households, digisexuals, never -ending stream of manufactured terror, (afraid of evertone and everything), war between the sexes, you name it.

"The ultimate goal, and one that we are rapidly approaching, is the destruction of all social bonds and the obliteration of any remaining sense of community— the complete atomization of society."

JoChris

Superstar
Most of what's happening in our world today is tending to the ultimate goal...the atomization.
Trust in society is down, rise in one-person households, digisexuals, never -ending stream of manufactured terror, (afraid of evertone and everything), war between the sexes, you name it.

"The ultimate goal, and one that we are rapidly approaching, is the destruction of all social bonds and the obliteration of any remaining sense of community— the complete atomization of society."
And then they wonder why men and women are not having children.

I find the extreme environmentalists especially troubling. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/mar/12/birthstrikers-meet-the-women-who-refuse-to-have-children-until-climate-change-ends

If predicted climate change does not occur then any countries with a massive population decline will be in big trouble. I can imagine people being pressured into having children as a result.

Dalit

Star
And then they wonder why men and women are not having children.

I find the extreme environmentalists especially troubling. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/mar/12/birthstrikers-meet-the-women-who-refuse-to-have-children-until-climate-change-ends

If predicted climate change does not occur then any countries with a massive population decline will be in big trouble. I can imagine people being pressured into having children as a result.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, anyone?