Children as young as 4 should engage in sexual play

Venus

Rookie
WTF? We are surrounded by 3th/4rd-grade reading comprehension adults! What a fail of the education system!

Did you read the actual article? It's just describing what's part of normal childhood development. And even if you want to give sexual significance to everything that has to do with the genitals, it is normal for children to play with their bodies and is normal for them to be curious about their own and the bodies of others. If you think a baby boy playing with his penis is sexual, you are the sick, perverted one!

Some kids are more curious than others, and that curiosity normally decreases as the kid gets older. How you react to that play and discovery can have serious effects in the life of that kid. If you feel so gross out by it, just divert their attention without making a big deal out of it.

Breitbart very conveniently added the word "should" that is nowhere in the article, but of course, you should believe what your news outlet tells you to believe...

How sad.

MP3D

Established
WTF? We are surrounded by 3th/4rd-grade reading comprehension adults! What a fail of the education system!

Did you read the actual article? It's just describing what's part of normal childhood development. And even if you want to give sexual significance to everything that has to do with the genitals, it is normal for children to play with their bodies and is normal for them to be curious about their own and the bodies of others. If you think a baby boy playing with his penis is sexual, you are the sick, perverted one!

Some kids are more curious than others, and that curiosity normally decreases as the kid gets older. How you react to that play and discovery can have serious effects in the life of that kid. If you feel so gross out by it, just divert their attention without making a big deal out of it.

Breitbart very conveniently added the word "should" that is nowhere in the article, but of course, you should believe what your news outlet tells you to believe...

How sad.
nailed it!!!!

Etagloc

Superstar
Quite the sick agenda people are defending here. The..... disgusting.... elite agenda of promoting..... things I don't even want to mention..... is well-known.

Anyone who is on this part of the internet should be well aware of where the agenda is leading to. For those who are aware...... it is not their fault that others are either unaware or pretending to be unaware. If people are not aware, it's their own fault for not being up on conspiracy knowledge. I don't expect everyone to be up on conspiracy topics but this is basic 101 stuff to anyone who even knows what MK-ULTRA is or has read Vigilant Citizen.

It's suspicious that so many people here act like they don't even read Vigilant Citizen. This is Vigilant Citizen Forums. If you're not the type who is into conspiracy research that's up to you but you shouldn't go and annoy people on Vigilant Citizen Forums just for talking about the same stuff Vigilant Citizen is talking about.

polymoog

Superstar
breitbarts take on this: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/07/09/uc-santa-barbara-says-4-year-old-children-should-engage-in-sexual-play/ this article is old, by the way, and breitbarts opinion is just that: their opinion.

jess already linked to the actual text, which is the only relevant item here. here it is again: http://archive.is/TceHx#selection-317.0-321.531

i, and i am sure almost all of us, can agree on the following passage:

As many parents have most likely noticed, children are curious by nature, especially when it comes to learning about sexuality. Children begin learning about sexuality as infants and continue learning throughout their lives; they begin to discover their bodies and notice others’ bodies, as well as about emotions like attachment and love. It is not unusual to see children try to pleasure themselves through physical exploration and masturbation or look at the bodies of other children (especially those of the other sex) because of this natural curiosity. This infatuation, discovery of pleasurable feelings, and desire for knowledge is completely normal.

i dont have a problem with self-exploration and curiosity in children. but now we have this:

In comparison to other subtopics of human sexuality, relatively little research has been conducted concerning the sexuality of children—the majority of childhood sexuality research has focused on solely sexual abuse in childhood1[sic]. However, there have been a number of studies carried out that do offer important insights into the sexuality of children.
first thing that came to my mind: WHY do we need to research child sexuality? they dont HAVE a sexuality. theyre children. how about leaving them to their own devices until AFTER puberty? these super-lib psychologists are tripping over themselves, desperate to find some kind of justification for child sexuality.
please recall the youtube video by 'cut' about parents explaining masturbation i posted awhile back. it seems there was enough push back, thank god, to delete the video (until the left regroups and tries again), but never forget it was there: (start at 0:50... the relevant point goes to 2:34)

...These include noticing children of the other sex and how their bodies differ, as well as observing how the adults around them act. While these behaviors are normal, many parents react negatively to the thought of their children engaging in any sexual thinking or behavior.
maybe because... some parents see that society is bombarded 24 hours a day with sexual imagery? maybe?!?

The majority of sexual play between children takes place between the ages of four and seven. Empirical data indicates that children’s playing in a sexual manner is extremely common and generally harmless.
i would agree with this if it was the 1950s, sandra lee was at majorette practice, and father coming back from the office for dinner. life is not wholesome anymore. its a sexual and violent-laden cesspool on tv, which is truthfully what these tots are watching, so i am a little concerned, wondering how much of the sexual play of these tots is actually natural.

Many children begin to explore their genitals as infants, and some instances of childhood masturbationhave been visible in the mother’s womb. Children have tendencies to touch themselves while their diapers are being changed and have visible signs of being aroused (such as a male body having an erection). Like all humans, babies learn via their senses and quickly figure out that touching certain areas of their bodies yields pleasure. ... Many children receive typically negative reactions from their parents when they are found masturbating, but self-stimulation is actually a natural form of self-exploration. This behavior should not be punished or discouraged (as long as the social context is appropriate). Children should be taught not that self-exploration is dirty or bad, but rather that masturbation is a private matter and should not be performed in public.
i have no problems with this.

Children see how their parents and other adults act and mimic what they see. Children might display affection to their friends by hugging and kissing, or touching each other’s genitals, which is perfectly normal. Parents should not react in a negative way because children are just exploring. Sexual play between children can cause harm if the acts are non-consensual or hurtful, in which case parents should intervene.
first: since when are children exposed to adult acts of sexual behavior of 'the touching each others genitals' kind? its normal if it is innocent, horribly despicable if it is a learned behavior. ill give the author the benefit of the doubt of their own innocence in the exact phrasing, since the author added that qualifier at the end of the paragraph which shows some common sense. however, 4 to 7 year olds are NOT at "sexual play" here-- this i cannot forgive the author. young children do NOT know about sexuality. at least they absolutely should not at that age.
this was (data is from 1991, if you look) laying the groundwork for the concept of children having a sexuality, which will be used to justify p***philia and the NAMBLA psychology.