Child Executions In Iran

Etagloc

Superstar

Brainwashed Sunnis: *jump on every single act of wrong-doing committed by their own Sunni brothers*
*look other direction when it's the Shia*
*unconsciously are working to undermine their own religion*

Do they not realize how they are destroying Islam's image? It is understandable when non-Muslims work to destroy Islam's image- but it is darkly, sadly hilarious when its Muslims themselves who are working to destroy people's image of Islam. And that is exactly what is happening anti-Saudi crowd: you are working to destroy the image of Sunni Islam and making non-Muslims think Sunni Muslims are monsters and that the Shia are angels.

And why? because that is the direction the media pushes you in- not the cold, impartial truth. That is why you are foaming at the mouth for the discrediting of Sunni Islam. Perhaps deep down you don't really believe in the Quran and the Sunnah and Islam is part of your identity but deep down you want to make sure that the Quran and Sunnah are not actually instituted. Only then are your actions logical.

And as for non-Muslims.......

there is this ridiculous double standard where if the US-Israel-Saudi bloc does something...... it's treated like it's the end of the world..... but the Russia-Iran bloc can do ten times worse and it's ignored. You don't give equal weight to a crime done by Saudi or Iran. If Saudi does a crime- you jump on it. If Iran does it, you ignore it. You should not weigh with loaded scales.

Etagloc

Superstar
another thing I'd like to point out is how the Sunni perception is subservient to the non-Muslim agenda discussed in the latter part of the OP

Serveto

Star
... It is understandable when non-Muslims work to destroy Islam's image- but it is darkly, sadly hilarious when its Muslims themselves who are working to destroy people's image of Islam. And that is exactly what is happening anti-Saudi crowd: you are working to destroy the image of Sunni Islam ...
Please excuse the ellipses, the fact that I omitted parts of your statement, but let's take it a step, or a contention, at a time. Allow me to clarify. Are you suggesting that the House of Saud fairly represents Sunni Islam, and that those who are critical of the House are also, somehow by extension, criticizing Sunni Islam, and that destructively so?

Etagloc

Superstar
Please excuse the ellipses, the fact that I omitted parts of your statement, but let's take it a step, or a contention, at a time. Allow me to clarify. Are you suggesting that the House of Saud fairly represents Sunni Islam, and that those who are critical of the House are also, somehow by extension, criticizing Sunni Islam, and that destructively so?
the quote: "... It is understandable when non-Muslims work to destroy Islam's image- but it is darkly, sadly hilarious when its Muslims themselves who are working to destroy people's image of Islam. And that is exactly what is happening anti-Saudi crowd: you are working to destroy the image of Sunni Islam ..."

Am I suggesting that Saudi Arabia represents Sunni Islam? And that those who attack Saudi are attacking Sunni Islam?

No, I am not affirming either.

Nor is that in my quote.

I discussed Islam with some people who don't speak English, who have very limited access to Islamic material, who don't know much about Islam- and pretty much the first thing they do is start ranting about "Saudis," "Wahhabis," "Salafis," etc.

So now when people think about Islam- that is how they think. And Muslims have helped train people to view Islam in that manner.

Etagloc

Superstar
In fact, if the Muslims are right- we need to crack down on Muslims. We need to really get tough on Muslims.

Because according to the Muslims themselves- Muslims are dangerous people. They carry the deadly, dangerous diseases of "Salafism," "Wahhabism," which according to Muslims themselves is the ideology of ISIS.

So this means Muslims really are ISIS! You see Salafiyyah and Wahhabism- they are about following Quran and Sunnah...... and this according to the Musim logic makes them ISIS..... so therefore according to Muslims themselves

Quran and Sunnah = ISIS
true/pure Islam = ISIS

therefore, we really need to get rid of Islam and contain it as much as possible, according to the logic of Muslims themselves. Islam is maybe okay as long as it doesn't have any actual power- according to their own logic. This means their own hearts are conflicted.

Serveto

Star
It is understandable when non-Muslims work to destroy Islam's image- but it is darkly, sadly hilarious when its Muslims themselves who are working to destroy people's image of Islam. And that is exactly what is happening anti-Saudi crowd: you are working to destroy the image of Sunni Islam and making non-Muslims think Sunni Muslims are monsters and that the Shia are angels.
Allow me to clarify. Are you suggesting that the House of Saud fairly represents Sunni Islam, and that those who are critical of the House are also, somehow by extension, criticizing Sunni Islam, and that destructively so?
Am I suggesting that Saudi Arabia represents Sunni Islam? And that those who attack Saudi are attacking Sunni Islam? No, I am not affirming either. Nor is that in my quote.
That's why I asked you to clarify. I know you did not directly state it, in your quote, but it seemed implied: that those who are anti-Saudi are necessarily also anti-Sunni. If that is not what you are saying, then ok. I have no further questions at this time, your honor (smile). Thank you.

Etagloc

Superstar
That's why I asked you to clarify. I know you did not directly state it, in your quote, but it seemed implied: that those who are anti-Saudi are necessarily also anti-Sunni. If that is not what you are saying, then ok. I have no further questions at this time, your honor (smile). Thank you.
I write in a very precise way. What I said has not been addressed- only a distortion of what I said.

That what I said was addressed in a distorted and I believe strawman form, only serves to show its validity. Otherwise there would be no need for distortion. You are smart enough to understand what image is. You have not discussed image in your responses, though image is integral to what I said.

Serveto

Star
I write in a very precise way. What I said has not been addressed- only a distortion of what I said.

That what I said was addressed in a distorted and I believe strawman form, only serves to show its validity. Otherwise there would be no need for distortion. You are smart enough to understand what image is. You have not discussed image in your responses, though image is integral to what I said. I discussed image.
Excuse me for misunderstanding your statements and for seeking clarification. If you want to discuss what you consider to be the all-important image, have at it. I might listen.

Etagloc

Superstar
I would like for people to discuss what I say. What I say is clear, given a literal reading of what I say without projection.

I wanted to discuss this also- the anti-Saudi wave.... it reminds me of Khruschev turning on Stalin.

Saudi is sort of to Islam what the Vatican is to Catholicism, what the Soviet Union was to Communism.

When Khruschev denounced Stalin and destroyed Stalin's reputation- Mao rightly understood that this would help destroy Communism. When this happened, it shook the faith of Communists across the world.

Whether Stalin was or wasn't a monster- from a Communist standpoint, Khruschev undermined Communism and undermined faith in Communism and helped to destroy Communism's image. Again appears that word image. So those who respond, I hope you do not neglect its significance.

Thus, from a Communist standpoint, Mao was right to oppose Khruschev.

And look at where things are today. Communism rules in China today. Communism collapsed in Russia.

Like Khruschev destroying Stalin's reputation helped lay the groundwork for the collapse of Communism, the people who destroy the reputation of Saudi are diligently laying the groundwork for the collapse of Islam.

Are they truly naive or is it that deep down they want Islam to be defeated? I believe it's the latter. You don't undermine your team unless you secretly want your team to lose.

Etagloc

Superstar
Excuse me for misunderstanding your statements and for seeking clarification. If you want to discuss what you consider to be the all-important image, have at it. I might listen.
I am not attacking, only clarifying. You know what image is.

z gharib

Veteran
Do they not realize how they are destroying Islam's image? It is understandable when non-Muslims work to destroy Islam's image- but it is darkly, sadly hilarious when its Muslims themselves who are working to destroy people's image of Islam. And that is exactly what is happening anti-Saudi crowd: you are working to destroy the image of Sunni Islam and making non-Muslims think Sunni Muslims are monsters and that the Shia are angels.

And why? because that is the direction the media pushes you in- not the cold, impartial truth. That is why you are foaming at the mouth for the discrediting of Sunni Islam. Perhaps deep down you don't really believe in the Quran and the Sunnah and Islam is part of your identity but deep down you want to make sure that the Quran and Sunnah are not actually instituted. Only then are your actions logical.

z gharib

Veteran
the people who destroy the reputation of Saudi are diligently laying the groundwork for the collapse of Islam
False-you my brother you didnt understand islam or Allah knows i suspect you a hasbara for the Saud family the ally of israel and usa that means you and well known Zionists on this forum are the two sides of the same coin

Etagloc

Superstar
False-you my brother you didnt understand islam or Allah knows i suspect you a hasbara for the Saud family the ally of israel and usa that means you and well known Zionists on this forum are the two sides of the same coin
So you're suspecting I'm a Saudi agent?

If I'm a Saudi agent, people need to know. I hope people wake up and realize I'm a Saudi agent, if indeed I am one.

P.S. You're not a journalist, are you? Just umm.... wondering...

Serveto

Star

That what I said was addressed in a distorted and I believe strawman form, only serves to show its validity. Otherwise there would be no need for distortion ...
Quit being so pedantic, even though it's both funny and endearing when you are. You do write well. In fact, you write excellently, but no matter how precisely you write, or any of us writes, for that matter, readers have a right to clarify something which is unclear to their ear. That is one reason why there is a question mark, along with commas, semi-colons, exclamation points and periods in the number of punctuation mark options available to us as writers. I don't usually stop by my local farmers' market to buy a bale of hay and build a straw-man in my responses to anybody, especially and including you; if I respond, it's because I want to understand their position, as it is, and have no need or desire to distort that position.

With that said, I am interested in the subject of Saudi Arabia and Middle Eastern politics in general, as an amateur student of political science. I have been monitoring recent developments in that country quite closely and might enjoy discussing it with others. It is your thread, though, and that I acknowledge, so if you want to steer it into a particular area, such as what you call "image," you clearly may.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
it seemed implied: that those who are anti-Saudi are necessarily also anti-Sunni
And anti-Islam, is the way I read it.

This is the problem with theocracies. You can't criticise the state without at least a little bit of implicit theological criticism. And the Saudis ... yikes. It must be very similar to how Christians like me feel about the Catholic church. Not my bag at all, man, and kindly stop blaming me for the crusades, thanks. The Saudis do make Islam look bad, and Muslims shouldn't be shy about criticising those who commit evil in it's name.

Serveto

Star
It must be very similar to how Christians like me feel about the Catholic church. Not my bag at all ...
I definitely do not see you either in league or affinity with Torquemada et alia. And there is no need to thank me for saying so in this case :cool:.

Etagloc

Superstar
Quit being so pedantic, even though it's both funny and endearing when you are. You do write well. In fact, you write excellently, but no matter how precisely you write, or any of us writes, for that matter, readers have a right to clarify something which is unclear to their ear. That is one reason why there is a question mark, along with commas, semi-colons, exclamation points and periods in the number of punctuation mark options available to us as writers. I don't usually stop by my local farmers' market to buy a bale of hay and build a straw-man in my responses to anybody, especially and including you; if I respond, it's because I want to understand their position, as it is, and have no need or desire to distort that position.

With that said, I am interested in the subject of Saudi Arabia and Middle Eastern politics in general, as an amateur student of political science. I have been monitoring recent developments in that country quite closely and might enjoy discussing it with others. It is your thread, though, and that I acknowledge, so if you want to steer it into a particular area, such as what you call "image," you clearly may.
I am not being pedantic. You are playing a game and pretending you don't know what "image" means.

Etagloc

Superstar
And anti-Islam, is the way I read it.

This is the problem with theocracies. You can't criticise the state without at least a little bit of implicit theological criticism. And the Saudis ... yikes. It must be very similar to how Christians like me feel about the Catholic church. Not my bag at all, man, and kindly stop blaming me for the crusades, thanks. The Saudis do make Islam look bad, and Muslims shouldn't be shy about criticising those who commit evil in it's name.
No, Muslims shouldn't run around denouncing Saudi every two seconds.

It doesn't matter how many innocent Palestinians are killed- you're not going to denounce Israel. If we take your word for it, Israel is a country of saints.

If your brother commits a crime- you discuss it in private with your brother. You don't run out into the street telling everyone what he did.

Thunderian

Superstar
No, Muslims shouldn't run around denouncing Saudi every two seconds.
If the Saudis are doing evil, why not?

It doesn't matter how many innocent Palestinians are killed- you're not going to denounce Israel. If we take your word for it, Israel is a country of saints.
Israelis aren't Christians, and are not my brothers, and even if they were, it would make no difference. Evil is evil, and Christians are called to avoid it. I denounce the deliberate death of any innocent Palestinian at the hands of any Jew.

Considering Israel's struggle is against the kind of people who routinely cause and celebrate innocent death, even the death of Palestinians, I won't wait around for you to denounce Hamas.

If your brother commits a crime- you discuss it in private with your brother. You don't run out into the street telling everyone what he did.
What do you do if your brother ignores you, and continues committing crime?