Chatroom?

The Zone

Star
Chat rooms can turn ugly quickly via emotion. What would be cool is to have one where VC participated in via a bi weekly chat or something. My experiences with chat rooms is it turns into a free for all where you simply cannot keep up with certain things, like questions. In a sense, you can create a chat already with the feature VC has via the mail by including the names of the people you want to see it. I have no dog in the fight. but suspect a chat room is a headache the owner might not like. Beefs would almost certainly carry over into the forums. Oh, and btw, some here are so ....images (10).jpg

Only time will reveal.

Vixy

Star
I frankly don't think VC has the time to watch a chatroom, he's struggling to have time for the site as it is, it's ALOT of work. We'll manage on our own with this, I think. Or maybe someone of us can volunteer to keep things straight in there? Personally I like a bit of freedom, though.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
I frankly don't think VC has the time to watch a chatroom, he's struggling to have time for the site as it is, it's ALOT of work. We'll manage on our own with this, I think. Or maybe someone of us can volunteer to keep things straight in there? Personally I like a bit of freedom, though.
Freedom would be lovely, Vixy. And this is coming from someone [me] who likes minimal Law/Politics in her own life as it is, e.g. I don't like to be told to be kind to others [that's the job of the NWO in legislating it, ha]. But I do leave this idea up to VC and the Group to decide - I consider myself too new to have much sway for direct input.

Carolyn

Star
jebus peeps get some new ideas lol I already said all this back on page 1 lol :p

I do think chat would be nice but in reality it would be a cesspool of insults and verbal abuse, it might seem ok the first cpl days but it wouldnt be long before it could turn nasty!!

Although, maybe like the forum thing where you have to have commented on a few threads before you can actually post a new thread, am sure it would be easy to do a similar thing where users would have to have 50 posts before they could use chat, that way if it was someone trolling VC and other potential mods would know long before they got a chance to even use the chat! If any regular users of the chat got a bit het up and things got a bit out of hand they could have a temporary ban to give them time to cool down without it causing a lot of trouble between other users, the same could go for all parties involved in a over heated debate thats got a bit out of hand.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
jebus peeps get some new ideas lol I already said all this back on page 1 lol :p

I do think chat would be nice but in reality it would be a cesspool of insults and verbal abuse, it might seem ok the first cpl days but it wouldnt be long before it could turn nasty!!

Although, maybe like the forum thing where you have to have commented on a few threads before you can actually post a new thread, am sure it would be easy to do a similar thing where users would have to have 50 posts before they could use chat, that way if it was someone trolling VC and other potential mods would know long before they got a chance to even use the chat! If any regular users of the chat got a bit het up and things got a bit out of hand they could have a temporary ban to give them time to cool down without it causing a lot of trouble between other users, the same could go for all parties involved in a over heated debate thats got a bit out of hand.
Sahry, Carolyn ;),

Sometimes, I read through some of the other sections on the forums (The Den, Questions, and the status sections), but believe it or not, I consider myself too new to really be participating much in them. Call it a courtesy-thing and part of it is being comfortable. And as I mentioned above, I really do hate politics, yet also realize that others live by them, so I want to be respectful.
My apologies for forgetting about your post on page 1. It's all good.

Carolyn

Star
lol its ok I still see myself as a bit of anoutsider here but its like that everywhere else too, also don't think many people get us Glaswegians unless you are also a Weegie or at least Scottish or some areas of the UK and I am my mild mannered version of myself on here lol

yiksmes

Established
Maybe VC or someone can do a Discord! You can have that on any platform i think. I'm not good with that program i'm new to it.
We can create official VC group on it and post an invite link...