Chase bank "blacklisting" closing accounts

checkmate1996

After doing some research, it appears this has been going on for a few years but amping up more lately. It hit closer to home when this just happened to my sister and her husband yesterday. Their business and personal accounts were given two weeks to go somewhere else. No warning. No explanation. There are several youtube and other social media sources/commentary but I couldn't find anything substantial. A lot of people are like, "oh well, I'll guess I'll find another bank." Two questions, why are they doing this? and What's the bigger play?

After doing some research, it appears this has been going on for a few years but amping up more lately. It hit closer to home when this just happened to my sister and her husband yesterday. Their business and personal accounts were given two weeks to go somewhere else. No warning. No explanation. There are several youtube and other social media sources/commentary but I couldn't find anything substantial. A lot of people are like, "oh well, I'll guess I'll find another bank." Two questions, why are they doing this? and What's the bigger play?
Maybe your sister and her husband voted for Trump or attended a Trump rally. They closed people's accounts in Canada for daring to criticize Justina Castro. Although in Canada they froze or stole accounts so your sister got lucky.