Charlie and the Chocolate factory

one thing that is clear to me when i think of this film, even though it is light hearted, that the things that happen to the kids, by all intents and purposes they are goners. it is implied that they died. even though they yes do come back at the end, but again, watching what happens to them, an adult thinking it through, no they died. So it's a kids film, about how these kids go to this place where they are tested, and then die, so is this kind of like a really dark movie then?? I still really like the movie either way. It just seems a bit darker then it's presented.

B_JMNN

Established
Like what Grandpa Joe says in the Gene Wilder version.

"Ah, Mr. Salt finally got what he wanted...Veruca went first."

another small thing, i guess will have to rewatch it, cause I'm guessing there is more there to pick apart. But I just noticed how the song Pure Imagination has what seems a similar feel to Dorothy's Over the Rainbow song. it's a lovely song, but it has the same believe whatever you want to feeling instead of focusing on reality.

Johnny depp is nothing but a busted up, soggy illuminati member who gives me the creeps!!
The film is about mk ultra I think? It's a film where kids die(maybe sacrificed) or put into food?They might be telling us missing children are in our food. Which is disturbing but they want us to be cannibals cause NWO!
I guess I was mainly thinking of the original cause I don't remember the remake all that well. But both are interesting for sure. And I do vaguely remember the very intentional surrealism in the building of the remake. And how it had that interesting but mind bending feel.

also his father was a dentist in the remake which literally more then any show i have seen on scary dentists seem to hearken on a kind of torture with that mouth piece. So that is again interesting that they included that. i think they definitely made Johnney Depps visually look a lot creepier.

Sen

Established
one thing that is clear to me when i think of this film, even though it is light hearted, that the things that happen to the kids, by all intents and purposes they are goners. it is implied that they died. even though they yes do come back at the end, but again, watching what happens to them, an adult thinking it through, no they died. So it's a kids film, about how these kids go to this place where they are tested, and then die, so is this kind of like a really dark movie then?? I still really like the movie either way. It just seems a bit darker then it's presented.
I really love this movie. One thing to remember is that this movie is based on a book. None of those Kids were forced be distorted that way at the end. Each an every one of them become so because of their greed and free will. This movie really speak on our weaknesses and greedy desires which would eventually bring demise. Charlie won because he is pure. He had lack of experiences in the "greed" department so he was just observing and experiencing his surroundings. He did not disturb his surroundings unlike others.

I really love this movie. One thing to remember is that this movie is based on a book. None of those Kids were forced be distorted that way at the end. Each an every one of them become so because of their greed and free will. This movie really speak on our weaknesses and greedy desires which would eventually bring demise. Charlie won because he is pure. He had lack of experiences in the "greed" department so he was just observing and experiencing his surroundings. He did not disturb his surroundings unlike others.
one thing, is that the writer was a british spy. same as Christopher Lee, well, that's not saying anything per se. but it's interesting.
Anyways, I am suspicious of him as well.

heres what roald dahl was about, another weirdo