Cg Jung, Emergence Of Archetypes, And Ai Apocalypse

cajun

Established
As far as Jung's personality types are concerned, I'll just say I'm acronymically challenged and leave it at that.
But your point about the map, Red Sky, is an interesting one.
a
Neither Jung nor any of his scholarly contemporaries provided us with a map. One could compare Jung to a surveyor who went into wilderness in the role of a surveyor with a pretty good compass ( his Christian chilfhood) that he brought along with some brand new and untested surveying tools (new psychiatric methods of inquiry) and some badly-written guidebooks (mythological scholarship) while the Bible is a very old map that was rejected by those who couldn't understand it and who had contempt for its age. But Jung did not dismiss it. His contemporaries like Freud could be likened to a tourist on a weekend in the Rocky Mountains who leaves everything home except a celphone that carries a 5-hour charge and who thinks grizzly bears died out in the 19th century.

Lisa

Superstar
The only think I know about Jung is that Frasier's brother Niles studied him.....lol! Enjoy your conversation.

Reactions: TMT

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Btw - ref @JoChris, I have a good friend who began to embrace Jungian principles and eventually became attracted to gnosticism etc. Spiritual things are certainly real and very interesting but they do come with an advisory sticker "enter at the door, don't try to climb the wall"... Without reaching for my Bible, you take my meaning...

Interesting thread topic though - Myers-Briggs (from what I recall is based on Jung personality types, I came out as Extravert, iNtuitive, Perceptive, Thinking) In the personality descriptors, I was grouped with Tom Hanks and John Lennon, but really not sure whether to take this as a complement or not!??

cajun

Established
The personality tests are pseudo-jung or psychobabble and have as little to do with this subject as the morning horoscope has to do with the daily news.

But the actual subject of what we see happening around us in terms of the Apocalypse does have a lot to do with Jung's theories about the relationship between the human mind and a larger unseen reality.

Fast-forward to the present day and the witness of such scientifically learned people as Anthony Patch who are tracking prophesied phenomena through Christian eyes, then you'll understand what is going on.

Jesus is more than the fish decal on your suv. What he wants us to understand is deeper than the latest clever insult hurled at perceived opponents in a "debate".

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The personality tests are pseudo-jung or psychobabble and have as little to do with this subject as the morning horoscope has to do with the daily news.

But the actual subject of what we see happening around us in terms of the Apocalypse does have a lot to do with Jung's theories about the relationship between the human mind and a larger unseen reality.

Fast-forward to the present day and the witness of such scientifically learned people as Anthony Patch who are tracking prophesied phenomena through Christian eyes, then you'll understand what is going on.

Jesus is more than the fish decal on your suv. What he wants us to understand is deeper than the latest clever insult hurled at perceived opponents in a "debate".
I know Cajun, if I seem a little 'relaxed' about the topic is only because I have looked into it for some time (listened to Gonz, Nicholson1968, Mr Patch, C Ervana etc) I just don't want to come off as too heavy ;-)

Truthfully, people playing with subatomic particles and quantum computers trying to cut through to other dimensions is scary stuff (not unlike toddlers playing with sub machine guns!!)...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That's blind-cist
No... colorblind-cist
You are right - I might have committed a micro-aggression!!!! Reviewing my comment I referred to someone seeing all 3 colours as 'normal'... Guilty as charged, but as a narrow minded Christian, would you really expect better lol

cajun

Established
I know Cajun, if I seem a little 'relaxed' about the topic is only because I have looked into it for some time (listened to Gonz, Nicholson1968, Mr Patch, C Ervana etc) I just don't want to come off as too heavy ;-)

Truthfully, people playing with subatomic particles and quantum computers trying to cut through to other dimensions is scary stuff (not unlike toddlers playing with sub machine guns!!)...
Yup, gotcha.

I have been criticized for introducing distraction but i have also seen understanding and acceptance of Christ grow among many who felt that science had won the argument.

Many of those who fear this kind of discussion are showing that they do not trust Jesus. I don't fear it at all. The Devil is enslaving many through his monopoly on modern culture. We are told to be witnesses to Truth. Being able to say to others "yes, these amazing things are happening, but look at how they exactly match what was foretold, and foretold for the express purpose of our salvation."

It is discouraging when Christians attack the reality of Christ's own Revelation. They are snatching souls away from Christ and throwing them back into the fires of secular atheism.

Aero

Superstar
People seem to forget that Freud became a huge coke head. He thought cocaine was going to be the worlds first wonder drug. So one of the smartest psychological minds couldn't even tell how addictive cocaine was. It either means cocaine is one hell of a drug, or Freud actually wasn't that smart.

Jung learned how to get glimpses into the unseen reality. Maybe it was from all those acid trips, but I tend to think he learned through experience. We see the same symbols around us constantly, and people think its all a coincidence? We really must live in the land of the blind, or willfully ignorant. Jung said that America is no place for an introvert, and he was 100% right. The agenda is to have people looking outward. Dreaming their lives away.

cajun

Established
And not even letting them have their own dreams. Plugging them in, instead, to a collective nightmare.

But Jung is only one writer. He wrote in a pre-technological era.

Now what we are learning about fractal structures and quantum energetic interactions shows us, scientifically, HOW the Rapture happens, for example.

Until now you really had to persuade most people that some kind of fantastic fiction from a b-grade sci-fi movie is going to happen. The only thing I could do was what I was taught to do as a child: if there's something in the Bible that doesn't make sense, ignore it. Don't argue against it because it has to be true or it wouldn't be there. That is how I was brought up. I was taught that Jesus gives us the understanding we need when we need it, and nothing more.

So now we all are being given understanding of the Apocalyptic phenomena because now is the time such understanding is needed.

JoChris

Superstar
Btw - ref @JoChris, I have a good friend who began to embrace Jungian principles and eventually became attracted to gnosticism etc. Spiritual things are certainly real and very interesting but they do come with an advisory sticker "enter at the door, don't try to climb the wall"... Without reaching for my Bible, you take my meaning...

Interesting thread topic though - Myers-Briggs (from what I recall is based on Jung personality types, I came out as Extravert, iNtuitive, Perceptive, Thinking) In the personality descriptors, I was grouped with Tom Hanks and John Lennon, but really not sure whether to take this as a complement or not!??
I know I came across very strongly. Think of ex-smokers evangelising current smokers.... I know what path that can lead to in a spiritual sense.

It starts as looking like a nice shady path off the highway of modern pop psychology. Think positive, think big and you'll automatically get results you want. (Yeah right, if you WRITE the best-selling book perhaps).
The view promised off in the distance sounds beautiful. The path guide promises if you walk through the shadows you'll eventually get there. As you start on the path all the details and the descriptions of what you see are very interesting and give stories of landmarks along the way (Personality and Enneagram tests)

You reach a sign that warns there may be some dangerous animals (anima/ animus) ahead, so be careful.
The path guide switches to the descriptions of the dark and dangerous animals and stories of how to interact peacefully with these via the use of your Shadow Self.

What is that? I have to learn what that means.... your eyes are getting accustomed to the darkness and you're starting to see shapes and patterns (archetypes) everywhere. I am seeing what most people never see - is this new? Back to the guide book that you've noticed is speaking way more about inner experiences (visions from imagination) and the pictures are growing more and more complex (symbology).

You reach a dead end. The sun is starting to go down. The forest is getting quieter. The shadows are getting longer. You suddenly realise that the sign for the return path back to main path was a while back and you're lost.

When the sun goes down in Jung World the book now glows like a torch. It now makes no attempt to disguise it is a new faith. You can now see it's a blend of ancient mysticism and Gnosticism - all that is written was a cover for the real message.
Instead of a book to help you understand your way onto a better path, it was one written to draw you into the maze jungle of this man's mind, who believed you could move beyond and evil.... a man who gained much knowledge from a spirit guide....
Psychoanalysist perspective: http://philemonfoundation.org/about-philemon/who-is-philemon/
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_New-Age-Carl-Jung_visualization_Salome

P.S. I am INFP. Strongly Introverted and Feeling, moderate perception and borderline intuitive.

Aero

Superstar
Well my experiences with the Jungian school of thought were nothing like that. Although it did lead me to Gnosticism. But anyway the focal point of Jungian therapy is the process of individuation. I don't know what type of new age ideas people are passing off as Jung, but his work in the psychology field was mainly about balancing the conscious with the unconscious.

I mentioned the Mother, and brother complexes. How a person is more than a brother, but yet emotions and thoughts that come from being in the role of brother can cause great psychological disturbances. Jung believed that all such disturbances are caused from lack of balance with the subconscious. And I look at the events in my own life, and light bulbs go off and I get it.

I walked into his philosophy wanting to learn about human behavior. More specifically the behavior of the mind, and I got what I wanted. And give Jung an A+

JoChris

Superstar
Well my experiences with the Jungian school of thought were nothing like that. Although it did lead me to Gnosticism. But anyway the focal point of Jungian therapy is the process of individuation. I don't know what type of new age ideas people are passing off as Jung, but his work in the psychology field was mainly about balancing the conscious with the unconscious.

I mentioned the Mother, and brother complexes. How a person is more than a brother, but yet emotions and thoughts that come from being in the role of brother can cause great psychological disturbances. Jung believed that all such disturbances are caused from lack of balance with the subconscious. And I look at the events in my own life, and light bulbs go off and I get it.

I walked into his philosophy wanting to learn about human behavior. More specifically the behavior of the mind, and I got what I wanted. And give Jung an A+
Out of all the psychology theorists I would say I liked Jung the most by far. He looked way deeper than superficial positive thinking. He didn't dismiss the spiritual side of people and afterlife. And most of all he was willing to delve into forbidden zones that until that time was avoided.

Aero

Superstar
Out of all the psychology theorists I would say I liked Jung the most by far. He looked way deeper than superficial positive thinking. He didn't dismiss the spiritual side of people and afterlife. And most of all he was willing to delve into forbidden zones that until that time was avoided.
Yes he is still considered a Rebel. The only real valid argument against Analytical psychology is that it tends to diminish personal experiences. Which is kind of ironic considering the point of it, is to fix people with disturbing personal experiences. But clearly it doesn't work for everyone.

The Anima, and Animus are just our subconscious representations of our most basic male and female instincts. Or expectations of how we see our male and female selves through the eyes of others. And these Archetypes are very dangerous, we have all seen American Beauty. Most people just say the father at the end was a closet homosexual, but his actions were from denying the feminine side of his subconscious. His son wasn't even gay, just the idea of it caused him to short circuit.

Reactions: TMT

JoChris

Superstar
Probably because I never do anything by halves I moved past what was better about Jung* and explored the spirituality aspects that sounded familiar. The modern psychoanalysis journals go deeper and deeper into analysing the darker side of human nature.

My Roman Catholic High School mentioned temperaments and personal growth and Jung sounded like he started where Religious Education classes finished. Apparently Jung and modern Catholic mysticism are very closely intertwined too.
---
* seeking to make sense of surface level unrelated circumstances to create meaning, to help people move on from their past and create healthy self-acceptance. Way more multi-faceted than "everything is sexual/ mother issue" Sigmund Freud.

cajun

Established
I know I came across very strongly. Think of ex-smokers evangelising current smokers.... I know what path that can lead to in a spiritual sense.

It starts as looking like a nice shady path off the highway of modern pop psychology. Think positive, think big and you'll automatically get results you want. (Yeah right, if you WRITE the best-selling book perhaps).
The view promised off in the distance sounds beautiful. The path guide promises if you walk through the shadows you'll eventually get there. As you start on the path all the details and the descriptions of what you see are very interesting and give stories of landmarks along the way (Personality and Enneagram tests)

You reach a sign that warns there may be some dangerous animals (anima/ animus) ahead, so be careful.
The path guide switches to the descriptions of the dark and dangerous animals and stories of how to interact peacefully with these via the use of your Shadow Self.

What is that? I have to learn what that means.... your eyes are getting accustomed to the darkness and you're starting to see shapes and patterns (archetypes) everywhere. I am seeing what most people never see - is this new? Back to the guide book that you've noticed is speaking way more about inner experiences (visions from imagination) and the pictures are growing more and more complex (symbology).

You reach a dead end. The sun is starting to go down. The forest is getting quieter. The shadows are getting longer. You suddenly realise that the sign for the return path back to main path was a while back and you're lost.

When the sun goes down in Jung World the book now glows like a torch. It now makes no attempt to disguise it is a new faith. You can now see it's a blend of ancient mysticism and Gnosticism - all that is written was a cover for the real message.
Instead of a book to help you understand your way onto a better path, it was one written to draw you into the maze jungle of this man's mind, who believed you could move beyond and evil.... a man who gained much knowledge from a spirit guide....
Psychoanalysist perspective: http://philemonfoundation.org/about-philemon/who-is-philemon/
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_New-Age-Carl-Jung_visualization_Salome

P.S. I am INFP. Strongly Introverted and Feeling, moderate perception and borderline intuitive.

You are labeling yourself as a devoted FOLLOWER of someone other than Christ. You are admitting that you picked up "pop psychology" as a scriptural kind of inspired writing and you still identify yourself wiith it.

First of all, that "pop psychology" idiocy like personality tests or acronyms and the other occult stuff you are still using to name yourself actually have nothing at all to do with Jung's original theories.

Secondly, I am a Christian, not a Jungian. I am not a superstitious believer in pseudo-psychological quackery.

Jung himself was disgusted at the way his work was plagiarized and twisted even in his own time. True, he was not a Christian. But you are labeling yourself a Jungian.

cajun

Established
I find all this psychobabble pointless. The parts of Jung's work that are related to the topic of Revelation are the parts that deal wiith society, history, and collective culture, not the mental self-absorption of individual personalities.

JoChris

Superstar
You are labeling yourself as a devoted FOLLOWER of someone other than Christ. You are admitting that you picked up "pop psychology" as a scriptural kind of inspired writing and you still identify yourself wiith it.

First of all, that "pop psychology" idiocy like personality tests or acronyms and the other occult stuff you are still using to name yourself actually have nothing at all to do with Jung's original theories.

Secondly, I am a Christian, not a Jungian. I am not a superstitious believer in pseudo-psychological quackery.

Jung himself was disgusted at the way his work was plagiarized and twisted even in his own time. True, he was not a Christian. But you are labeling yourself a Jungian.
I most definitely am not now. For you to type that shows I must seem to have a better understanding of Jung's writings than was earlier assumed.

However I pretty well WAS before I returned to Christianity end of 2006. I had thought improved self-understanding would remove all my problems and free from the affects of the past. Instead the path just got darker and darker until I reached a point of hopelessness. All I could feel was inner chaos and despair.

I literally cried out for God - if He was still there - to help me. (And He did but much later in the year). I didn't get any worse from that point though.

cajun

Established
This thread is not about you, Joe Chris.

Maybe there is a psychologist somewhere who wants to discuss those who suffer from an inability to tolerate discussions about ANY topics other than themselves, but I'm not that person and this is not that discussion.

JoChris

Superstar
This thread is not about you, Joe Chris.

Maybe there is a psychologist somewhere who wants to discuss those who suffer from an inability to tolerate discussions about ANY topics other than themselves, but I'm not that person and this is not that discussion.
It is good you are not a psychologist. Statements were made about me and I defended myself. That is not self obsession.

Back your original thread topic then. If the AI intelligence is the main issue you wish to focus upon then that will be an interesting read. *Peace*.