Celebrities who claim to be christian:

figure of authority

Established
Do you think the celebrities who claim to be christian that are in Hollywood or the south korea entertainment business are really christian? or is it just for show?

Daze

Superstar
Is it praiseworthy in today's world to be a Christian? Does it get you more money at work or put more food on your table?
Does it secure ones job?

I don't see why people would lie about it. Maybe 70, 80 years ago when it was more believable that the US was a "Christian" nation, but not today. Theres no benefit for one to claim to be.

You could say it gives them more Christian fans but holy-wood will use media to portray whatever image of these people they like. Guy could be raping 10 kids a week and holy-wood will make him appear to be a pastor. Such as "kid gloves" Tom Hanks.

I think you should turn the tv off, holy-wood included. When villains take on leading roles becoming the "good guy"..

such as Joker

and Maleficent

..nothing good can come out of it.

I’m not familiar with any South Korean entertainers, but here’s a list that claims these people in Hollywood are Christian:

It’s laughable considering Stephen Colbert and Tom Hanks are at the top it. Although, there might be some real Christians in there. What I do remember is when Kirk Cameron said he was turning to Christianity, Alan Thicke, the actor who played his father in the TV show Growing Pains, mocked and ridiculed him for it. Considering that Alan’s son, Robin has written a song called “Magic Touch” with the lyrics, “I took whatever devil offered me, Because I knew that he would set me free, oh!”, we can see what side they’ve chosen.

Another actor from an ‘80s sitcom who turned Christian is Lisa Whelchel from “The Facts of Life”. After the show, she left the Hollywood scene, got married and homeschooled her children. Another actress that comes to mind such as Sally Struthers, however, she’s basically a ‘70s actress so unfortunately, my list is very old and short.

I suppose the only way to answer is from Matthew 7:15-20:

phipps

Star
I think some are really Christian and usually their lifestyles are very different to those in Holly wood and some leave eventually. Some are half way in and half way out. They are not fully converted. Others say they are Christian but really aren't judging from their actions and words. Its just for show. Of course we can't judge what is in their hearts, only God can do that.

Its not enough for anyone to say they are a Christian, they have to walk the walk too. Are their hearts converted? Do they bear good fruit? All us Christians should be asking ourselves those questions.

In my opinion the entertainment industry is incompatible with a true Christian life dedicated to God.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Do you think the celebrities who claim to be christian that are in Hollywood or the south korea entertainment business are really christian? or is it just for show?

Which hollywood celebs claim to be Christians? I only know that most of them claim to be atheists.
As for Sth Korea, i don't know anything about that country, why should we care about what goes on there?

figure of authority

Established
Which hollywood celebs claim to be Christians? I only know that most of them claim to be atheists.
As for Sth Korea, i don't know anything about that country, why should we care about what goes on there?
There are some Hollywood and some S koreans celebrities that claim to be christian that i read on wikipedia and other sources , but what I wonder if they claim to be christian how do they avoid making those hand symbols? or do they just go with the flow?

Tidal

Star
There are some Hollywood and some S koreans celebrities that claim to be christian that i read on wikipedia and other sources , but what I wonder if they claim to be christian how do they avoid making those hand symbols? or do they just go with the flow?

Most "celebrities" are weak shallow neurotic people always in and out of rehab, so even if some claim to be christians yet make stupid hand signals, they're not proper christians, just wishy-washy lukewarm types-
God says- "So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:16)

figure of authority

Established
Most "celebrities" are weak shallow neurotic people always in and out of rehab, so even if some claim to be christians yet make stupid hand signals, they're not proper christians, just wishy-washy lukewarm types-
God says- "So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:16)
Or more like the rich young ruler who came to christ asking what he should do to inherit eternal life, when christ told him to sell everything and give the money to the poor he walked away because he had many possessions.

The Agrarian

Veteran
Is it praiseworthy in today's world to be a Christian? Does it get you more money at work or put more food on your table?
Does it secure ones job?

I don't see why people would lie about it. Maybe 70, 80 years ago when it was more believable that the US was a "Christian" nation, but not today. Theres no benefit for one to claim to be.

You could say it gives them more Christian fans but holy-wood will use media to portray whatever image of these people they like. Guy could be raping 10 kids a week and holy-wood will make him appear to be a pastor. Such as "kid gloves" Tom Hanks.

I think you should turn the tv off, holy-wood included. When villains take on leading roles becoming the "good guy"..

such as Joker

and Maleficent

..nothing good can come out of it.
I want to believe the best of someone's profession of faith while judging the fruit of their behavior... but honestly I think anyone in Helly-Wood who is seriously a faithful Christian would be in excruciating agony just co-existing with people in the Industry.

“Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 (KJV)

Tidal

Star
I want to believe the best of someone's profession of faith while judging the fruit of their behavior... but honestly I think anyone in Helly-Wood who is seriously a faithful Christian would be in excruciating agony just co-existing with people in the Industry.
“Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 (KJV)

Most "celebrities" and studio bosses are nonchristian atheists, so if anybody dares admit to being a christian they'd probably blacklist him..:)

Journeyman

Established
I think that a lot of the famous figures professing a religion are playing a role. Likewise a lot of the celebrity pastors and priests etc. Billy Graham and those like him. If they're that famous, it's likely because the powers that be want them that famous and their actions serve that agenda.

In fact, I believe much of their public lives, their relationships, origin, family stories etc are fake and also part of this role. They are storylines pre-written and acted out by these people. They're not just actors in the movies, they're actors in those public appearances, interviews etc etc.

So my default position is not to look to these figures for any spiritual insight or direction and to treat anything that does come from them with caution. Now that entire perspectve may sound a little paranoid, but I do have good reason for these beliefs and it's not a position I came to lightly! :)

Tidal

Star
..So my default position is not to look to these figures for any spiritual insight or direction and to treat anything that does come from them with caution.. :)

Right, that's why Jesus had to remind people-
"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

and people quickly cottoned on-
"There is one mediator between God and men- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)
"There is no other name under heaven that can save us" (Acts 4:12)

Jesus was like this Royce chap who said "follow me"-

Tidal

Star

Yeah, some are genuine but others are just phonies..:)-
"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)
"Ungodly men have slipped in among you" (Jude 4)
"They want to win you over and alienate you from us" (Gal 4:17)

Drifter

Veteran
I think that a lot of the famous figures professing a religion are playing a role. Likewise a lot of the celebrity pastors and priests etc. Billy Graham and those like him. If they're that famous, it's likely because the powers that be want them that famous and their actions serve that agenda.

In fact, I believe much of their public lives, their relationships, origin, family stories etc are fake and also part of this role. They are storylines pre-written and acted out by these people. They're not just actors in the movies, they're actors in those public appearances, interviews etc etc.

So my default position is not to look to these figures for any spiritual insight or direction and to treat anything that does come from them with caution. Now that entire perspectve may sound a little paranoid, but I do have good reason for these beliefs and it's not a position I came to lightly! :)
The biggest wolves are the ones behind the pulpits. If you want to see real acting, look at most big players in Western Evangelical Christianity.

Journeyman

Established
If what I suspect about Hollywood is true then I don't think anyone in the industry is truly "Christian".
If Fritz Springmeier and others are to be believed then some of them who are victims of Monarch / MK Ultra programming may have Christian 'alters'