Celebrities/famous Folk Who 'know' Thread

elsbet

Superstar
hmmm......

The New Film Exposing Hollywood’s Child-Abuse Epidemic
While fame and fortune are an ever-enticing dream, few things seem less appealing than being a child star, and HBO’s Showbiz Kids (premiering July 14) certainly reinforces that feeling. Awash in anecdotes about the ways in which the industry—and the attendant hunger for the spotlight that consumes both children and parents—warps, alienates and exploits kids, it’s a documentary which illustrates that, sometimes, being nobody is far healthier, and more fulfilling, than being well-known.
Sexual misconduct is the dark cloud hovering over Showbiz Kids, and it comes to the fore when formerDiff’rent Strokes star Todd Bridges recalls being molested as a child—a disclosure that, according to Evan Rachel Wood, isn’t unique, as she claims, “In my experience, I know a lot of kids that grew up in the industry. And what surprised me when I got older was finding out that pretty much all of the young men were abused in some way, sexually.” She then relays that, at a recent Golden Globes gala, she watched a p***phile (whom she doesn’t name) win an award, and had to walk out because she was so disgusted by the praise being lavished upon this monster. As she departed, she thought to herself, “I don’t know if I can do this anymore. I can’t keep watching this happen. I don’t know how to handle this. This has to stop.”
Those moments are definitely the ugliest, and most eye-opening, in Showbiz Kids. Written and directed by Alex Winter, whose big breaks came in Joel Schumacher’s 1987 Brat Pack vampire thriller The Lost Boys and 1988’s Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, the film knows whereof it speaks. An opening photo montage of illustrious young luminaries, from Shirley Temple and Mickey Rooney to Ron Howard, Drew Barrymore, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, climaxes with a portrait of Winter himself, thereby underlining that this project is not only near and dear to his heart, but one driven by first-hand knowledge of the kinds of ups and downs endured by its marquee subjects.
Considering Winter’s familiarity with this topic, it’s mildly disheartening that Showbiz Kids isn’t more personal; although the actor has worked in the business for more than three decades, and admitted in 2018 that he suffered “hellish” sexual abuse at the hands of an adult man during the 1970s, his own experiences are conspicuously absent from these proceedings. Such reserve is in keeping with the overarching nature of his documentary, which largely avoids tabloid-y tales, and Winter’s reticence on that front comes across as being motivated by respectfulness. Yet it also makes Showbiz Kids seem like it’s pulling its punches—an impression exacerbated by the fact that, when it does touch upon the nasty side of the industry for pint-sized performers, it does so only fleetingly.

That’s most apparent in the case of Bridges. Though he didn’t die of an overdose like his Diff’rent Strokes co-star Dana Plato, Bridges’ drug addiction made for sensationalistic headlines, as did his multiple run-ins with the law—including being charged, and acquitted, of killing his dealer. Nonetheless, those incidents are cursorily addressed, as if the film were afraid that delving too deeply into such muck might reconfigure the material as a cautionary tale. Many of its speakers candidly discuss their struggles grappling with their new celeb-reality, but there’s a sense here that everyone is hesitant to truly decry a system that spits up and chews out kids with startling rapidity, and with little regard for the emotional and psychological scars it leaves behind.
Still, if uninterested in picking at old scabs, Showbiz Kids doesn’t wholly shy away from the unseemly. With notable distress in her eyes, Wood discusses being pushed into the profession by an artistic clan, and how her success compelled her to silence herself, since she believed that any complaints would be viewed as ingratitude by friends and family. Both Wil Wheaton and Milla Jovovich confess that they too were thrust into acting by mothers who sought to fulfill their own aspirations through their kids. And Henry Thomas remembers the intense social ostracization he suffered in his San Antonio hometown after E.T.became a global phenomenon, and how he was later squeezed out of the business as a teen when casting directors decided he’d outgrown his appeal.
“That footage, along with publicity photos, conveys the strangeness of child stardom, where kids unnaturally primp and pose for the camera—as Jovovich did in sexualized modeling shoots that she astutely states would never be allowed today.”
Bolstering these accounts is a collection of excellent behind-the-scenes clips and audition videos, including the teary-eyed tryout that nabbed Thomas his role in Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi classic. That footage, along with publicity photos, conveys the strangeness of child stardom, where kids unnaturally primp and pose for the camera—as Jovovich did in sexualized modeling shoots that she astutely states would never be allowed today. It’s too bad, then, that Showbiz Kids often just skims the surface. Jada Pinkett Smith briefly opines about helping her kids Jaden and Willow navigate modern fame, and the late Cameron Boyce reflects on transitioning into adulthood after being raised in a bizarre, hyper-coddling Disney bubble. Those and other intriguing threads (like the impact social media has on current kid stars) are raised only to be promptly dropped for the next mildly interesting story.
Showbiz Kids also follows two aspiring kid stars—Orlando native Marc Slater, who along with his mom travels to Los Angeles for pilot season; and New Yorker Demi Singleton, a vet with Broadway’s School of Rock and The Lion King on her résumé—as they search for the gig that will forever transform their fortunes. Their plights don’t reveal much, other than that striving for stardom means sacrificing much of what constitutes a normal life, as Demi learns when her summer sleepaway camp plans are shelved for additional auditions. Whereas in-depth portraits of these two might have provided a new perspective on this surreal career path, what’s presented is short on revelatory insights.
In Showbiz Kids’ best archival clip, young Mara Wilson (Mrs. Doubtfire, the 1994 Miracle on 34th Street remake, Matilda) loses her tooth during a TV interview, and the look of surprise, horror and fear that washes over her face speaks volumes about the crushing expectations put upon kid actors. That pressure is addressed more overtly in many of its one-on-one chats—including by Wilson herself, who appears to have emerged on the other side of her Hollywood tenure as a happy and well-adjusted adult—but never more powerfully than in that quick video, which epitomizes the illusory weirdness of living one’s formative early years in front of millions of eyes.
Take the asterisks out of the link after you've gotten to the 404 link, and put the letters back in... this site won't allow the P-word, I believe.

polymoog

Superstar

time stamp 12:50 to 19:35, james evan pilato of media monarchy zips through a bunch of musician sell outs.

billy corgan of smashing pumpkins knows about chemtrails
van morrison released lockdown protest songs... he might be awake; at least hes not stupid.
ian brown of the stone roses: awake!

pearl jam, lead singer from janes addiction.... not so much.

polymoog

Superstar
There's Nothing to See at the Scamlympics - #NewWorldNextWeek

at the 17 min mark (or so).

dave grohl of foo fighters, earlier in this thread, knew (based on some lyrics), but is absolutely a part of the beast.

ricky schroeder, former child star: truther!
eric clapton: he knows (about the vax, at least)

also morrissey: he knows.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
There's Nothing to See at the Scamlympics - #NewWorldNextWeek

at the 17 min mark (or so).

dave grohl of foo fighters, earlier in this thread, knew (based on some lyrics), but is absolutely a part of the beast.

ricky schroeder, former child star: truther!
eric clapton: he knows (about the vax, at least)

also morrissey: he knows.
Ian Brown (Stone Roses)

Btw, I have always thought the 90's grudge movement was another social engineered covert op, like the 60's hippy movement.

polymoog

Superstar
"Gotta Keep Em Segregated" is the New Rallying Cry - #NewWorldNextWeek

-the drummer for the band the offspring say no thanks to the vax.

@23:19
nena of '99 red luftballons' fame: pro-freedom; anti-gene therapy. she walks the walk.

Tsunami

Established
Hello everyone! I am new here and was actually looking for a forum where it can be discussed if a certain artist is part of the dark music industry (or in the satanic bullcrap) or not. If its appropriate, I would like to ask what is your opinion on the artist Dimash Qudaibergen. So far I haven't seen anything bad, on the contrary...tbh I enjoy his music but am not certain if he is "clean" or not. He seems more sincere than other artists from Asia, but that can be a public image. Soo yeah, I would be glad to hear your opinion or if this is not the place for this topic, just tell me to delete my comment, thank you!

Hello everyone! I am new here and was actually looking for a forum where it can be discussed if a certain artist is part of the dark music industry (or in the satanic bullcrap) or not. If its appropriate, I would like to ask what is your opinion on the artist Dimash Qudaibergen. So far I haven't seen anything bad, on the contrary...tbh I enjoy his music but am not certain if he is "clean" or not. He seems more sincere than other artists from Asia, but that can be a public image. Soo yeah, I would be glad to hear your opinion or if this is not the place for this topic, just tell me to delete my comment, thank you!

:(

Tsunami

Established
Ugh...back to classical and folklore music I guess..... And I did search for such pics btw... I doubt that pointing up and covering the eye is a coincidence....I can only hope that his involvement isn't that deep, because tbh I kinda thought he was from the decent ones because he already has talent. thank you soo much for the pic!

sickgirl15

Established
Not so sure about Rosanne anymore. She has signed on to a new TV show where there will be the first genderless child.
The "Roseanne" revival reportedly will feature a "gender creative" kid as one of the characters.

The 9-year-old boy named Mark will be a grandson of Roseanne and son of Darlene (Sarah Gilbert) and David (Johnny Galecki), Showbiz411 noted. The website said the casting call for the part wanted an actor who can play "sensitive and effeminate" and "display qualities of both young female and male traits."

It is never too late to sell out.
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/roseanne-revival-gender-creative/2017/07/31/id/804857/
I don’t think Roseanne is a “sell out” when you consider on her original show, the fabulous Sandra Bernhard (who is an openly lesbian entertainer) was cast for some episodes, “Darlene” (Sarah Gilbert) is also openly out about being a lesbian, and remember how Roseanne mocked singing “The Star Spangled Banner” or whatever that song is called (haha) many moons ago? I really love being a part of this website, and reading the creator’s on the money interpretations of what’s really going on in today’s entertainment/music biz, etc. The only aspect I do not agree with is the anti lgbt “conspiracy theories” like “the elite are pushing a gay agenda” and crap like that. Not so long ago, being anything but heterosexual-identified was basically “taboo” in society. I’m a bisexual woman, and am extremely relieved & glad that we are more “visible” than ever. I’d like people to at least hear me out: being lgbt is not a choice. I was confused for years about the reality that I felt (from a very young age) sexually attracted to both genders. I’m 100% comfortable with myself presently, but I used to live somewhere pretty dull, homogenized, conservative, overwhelmingly closed minded, racist, judgmental, and stagnant. I moved immediately after graduating high school to a wonderfully diverse city where everyone can be themselves. I’ve had loyal, wonderful gay, lesbian & bisexual (also trans and drag queen) friends all of my life, and not one of them (minus the drag queens) ever told me being lgbt was a choice they just made out of the blue one day. We’ve been invisible for too long. Why feel “threatened” as heterosexuals that individuals who identify differently than yourselves (who have been “in the closet & oppressed for way too long) are now enjoying being proud & comfortable with who we really are? Remember, every person is different in life, and we all have the right to live authentically:)

sickgirl15

Established
Not so sure about Rosanne anymore. She has signed on to a new TV show where there will be the first genderless child.
The "Roseanne" revival reportedly will feature a "gender creative" kid as one of the characters.

The 9-year-old boy named Mark will be a grandson of Roseanne and son of Darlene (Sarah Gilbert) and David (Johnny Galecki), Showbiz411 noted. The website said the casting call for the part wanted an actor who can play "sensitive and effeminate" and "display qualities of both young female and male traits."

It is never too late to sell out.
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/roseanne-revival-gender-creative/2017/07/31/id/804857/
I truly do love this forum & have total respect for the person who created this website, but there seems to be an ongoing theme of speaking quite negatively regarding transgender/gender fluid/or as Native Americans call them “2spirited people (that does not include trans people). I believe that there is no “agenda” by the Elite to try and brainwash people to become trans, or whatever. I am an openly bisexual/(somewhat pansexual) woman who is very grateful that us LGBT people are being recognized, and are now able to live our authentic lives without feeling shame, like there’s something “WRONG” with us, etc. Not too long ago, it was absolutely unacceptable in society to be openly LGBT, and people had no choice but to live, guilt ridden, hidden double lives in fear of being “outed.” That…thank goodness has all changed for us LGBT people, and we are FINALLY FREE to be true to ourselves, & live & enjoy an honest, proud & spiritually fulfilling lifestyle. (Living a lie is not actual living; just merely existing)…. :)