Catholicism

Violette

Star
Catholicism is paganism mixed with Christianity. It is riddled with false teachings. There is only one way to receive salvation and that is through faith in Christ alone. There's no amount of works that can outweigh your sin because we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus Christ is the sole mediator between man and God, not Mary. Denominations that go against essential biblical principles are problematic and misleading.

elsbet

Superstar
Catholicism is paganism mixed with Christianity. It is riddled with false teachings. There is only one way to receive salvation and that is through faith in Christ alone. There's no amount of works that can outweigh your sin because we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus Christ is the sole mediator between man and God, not Mary. Denominations that go against essential biblical principles are problematic and misleading.
I think Christianity is the only faith that believes that. (Bold, above)

There's no amount of works that can outweigh your sin
I think Christianity is the only faith that believes that. (Bold, above)
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The deeds of anyone of you will not save you (from the (Hell) Fire)." They said, "Even you (will not be saved by your deeds), O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?" He said, "No, even I (will not be saved) unless and until Allah bestows His Mercy on me. Therefore, do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course whereby you will reach your target (Paradise).

floss

Star
- called priest "father"
- pope = father
- confess sin to a priest
- prayer to dead saints
- pray to mary
- bow down to mary idol
- take out 2nd commandment
- drink Jesus's blood
- ate his body
- work based salvation
- all way lead to heaven
- they mixed up peter and paul :oops::oops::oops::D:D:D

Last edited:

Illuminized

Established
Catholicism is a compromise reached between Christianity and paganism, otherwise they would have never won people over to Christianity. Today it serves it's own existence so it can make innumerable concessions to science as long as it does not threaten it's existence. And if kept out of politics, it will gradually revert to it's original function: a simple teaching institution. You can observe that the Church did revert to that at one point, with establishment of libraries and universities, after it had sated itself in the blood of countless victims. And that was when it's dissolution was at hand.

Protestantism is pure, unadulterated, rejuvenated, and revitalized Christianity, in full contact with it's idol destroying roots. Moralism is poisoning and Protestant ministers have been the Pharisees of our times. They serve an arbitrary god, made even more arbitrary by the freedom of interpretation. They derive great advantage from being split into thousands of sects, they are a diaspora akin to Judaism. A multi-headed hydra has been unleashed upon the world.

Both have their ups and downs, but I've always been more inclined to side with the Catholics. I admit that Luther had good intentions and paved the way for manifold reformers, thinkers, and artists, but he made a tremendous mistake in reviving fanaticism, the Catholic Church reacted vigorously to his reforms and this led to the 30 year war.

Last edited:

Violette

Star
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The deeds of anyone of you will not save you (from the (Hell) Fire)." They said, "Even you (will not be saved by your deeds), O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?" He said, "No, even I (will not be saved) unless and until Allah bestows His Mercy on me. Therefore, do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course whereby you will reach your target (Paradise).
Allah's forgiveness is definitely tied to Muslim works. Your salvation in Islam depends on Allah's grace AND your works.

elsbet

Superstar
Catholicism is a compromise reached between Christianity and paganism, otherwise they would have never won people over to Christianity. Today it serves it's own existence so it can make innumerable concessions to science as long as it does not threaten it's existence. And if kept out of politics, it will gradually revert to it's original function: a simple teaching institution. You can observe that the Church did revert to that at one point, with establishment of libraries and universities, after it had sated itself in the blood of countless victims. And that was when it's dissolution was at hand.

Protestantism is pure, unadulterated, rejuvenated, and revitalized Christianity, in full contact with it's idol destroying roots. Moralism is poisoning and Protestant ministers have been the Pharisees of our times. They serve an arbitrary god, made even more arbitrary by the freedom of interpretation. They derive great advantage from being split into thousands of sects, they are a diaspora akin to Judaism. A multi-headed hydra has been unleashed upon the world.

Both have their ups and downs, but I've always been more inclined to side with the Catholics. I admit that Luther had good intentions and paved the way for manifold reformers, thinkers, and artists, but he made a tremendous mistake in reviving fanaticism, the Catholic Church reacted vigorously to his reforms and this led to the 30 year war.
That's the story, anyway. Yet they still play (unnecessary) intercessor between God and man. They still worship statues, the Queen of Heaven (Isis), and human beings that have been canonized as saints.

Jesus on a stick is pretty vile imo. Nevermind the corpses under glass. The Pharisees live on through the Catholic clergy, making the appearance of holiness. It's obvious to me.
They tell you plainly what they are, with Osiris' missing *member*.. ahem. o_O
Disclaimer: I'm speaking of the institution; not all Catholics, across the board.

Vytas

Star
I used to dislike catholics a lot in past, mainly because i grew up as one. After i realized how badly i was brainwashed, my feelings toward then became...well not very friendly...Now i think i know better, you are only responsible for what you know...And like in any other institution/religion or whatever simple people are good, despite limited knowledge or primitive beliefs...only those on top of authority pyramid are really badly corrupted...
About pagan traditions...So what? Changes nothing if heart is toward God...I envy them less knowledge less responsibility...