Category: Best Lines From A Movie Eva!

Lisa

Superstar
The performances are superb, from all actors, and of course the writing, given that it is a screen adaptation of a play. Later in the movie, Jeanette says:

"What's happened to the world, Barney? In London I heard about it, in New York I read about it, but I never thought I'd catch up with it in Great Neck."

I didn't realize how "ethnic," that is to say Jewish, this play was when I first saw it when I was a little boy, but, even then, I LMAO.
Ya, that's what's missing, good writing, having pieces that aren't all about action and blowing things up. But, I suppose that with everything being on phones these days and we don't really talk to one another anymore other than in text...it would be hard to watch people really interacting with one another?

Lisa

Superstar
Norrington:No additional shot or powder, a compass that doesn't point north...
(Looks at Jack's sword)
And I half expected it to be made of wood, you are without a doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of.
Sparrow: But you have heard of me. :)

Lurker

Star
I'm your huckleberry...
I'm your huckleberry
19th century slang which was popularized more recently by the movie Tombstone. Means "I'm the man you're looking for". Nowdays it's usually used as a response to a threat or challenge, as in the movie.

Full version -
Short version

Addendum - and nobody seems to act as if they have seen the movie, like it and such making me feel silly.
You're a daisy if you do.
I've got two guns; one for each of you.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
I'm your huckleberry...
I'm your huckleberry
19th century slang which was popularized more recently by the movie Tombstone. Means "I'm the man you're looking for". Nowdays it's usually used as a response to a threat or challenge, as in the movie.

Full version -
Short version

Addendum - and nobody seems to act as if they have seen the movie, like it and such making me feel silly.
Oh man I loved that movie! Kilmer was excellent in that role! They all were....

Ingrid: Why didn't you kill yourself? You should’ve killed yourself when it began. (pause) Didn't you know? Didn't you know? What you thought you could go on?

Steve: Yes, YES.

Ingrid: Every day, into the future go on betraying us both every day. (pause) You are not an evil man, you should have killed yourself when you first realized and then I would have been able to mourn. It would have been hard but, I would have buried you; and I would have wept"

Such a macabre thought but one made so apropos with what the character Ingrid must've been feeling:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Angels and Demons

LANGDON: The oculus. That could be the "demon's hole" in the poem.
[Looking around in the Pantheon, Vittoria sees several sarcophagi scattered around the room, all pointing obliquely in a certain direction. As they move stealthily through the crowd, they speak in low tones:]

VITTORIA: Why are the tombs at an angle?
LANGDON: To face east. Sun worship.
VITTORIA :But this is a Christian church.
LANGDON : New religions often adopt existing holidays to make conversion less shocking. December 25th was the pagan holiday of the Unconquered Sun. Made it a handy choice for Christ's birthday.
VITTORIA : You're saying Christianity is repackaged sun worship?
LANGDON : Where do you think halos came from? Not just sun worship though, the Catholics borrowed Communion from the Aztecs, canonization from Euphemerus, the cruciform from the Egyptians ---